Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old May 02 2014, 10:52 PM

Default The ratio of Farm Cash to Coins seems unbalanced

It seems to me that buying Farm Cash vs. Coins bought are unreasonable rations.
Example: $4.99 gets 7500 coins or 25FC. but to expand my farm costs either 25 FC or 300,000,000 coins. What is it that I am not seeing?
I can expand my farm for $4.99 if I buy with Farm Cash, but if I bought my expansion with coins it would cost about $200.00 real money.
Old May 03 2014, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garylr View Post
It seems to me that buying Farm Cash vs. Coins bought are unreasonable rations.
Example: $4.99 gets 7500 coins or 25FC. but to expand my farm costs either 25 FC or 300,000,000 coins. What is it that I am not seeing?
I can expand my farm for $4.99 if I buy with Farm Cash, but if I bought my expansion with coins it would cost about $200.00 real money.
why would you spend real money on coins when you can obtain those by playing the game?
Old May 07 2014, 06:06 PM

I bought an upgrade for my tree shaker and it was there,I used it but today it is gone??? It cost 45 farm cash,what happened?
Old May 07 2014, 06:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyobrien View Post
I bought an upgrade for my tree shaker and it was there,I used it but today it is gone??? It cost 45 farm cash,what happened?
I see an 8x4 tree shaker in your data showing it is on your farm somewhere. Try hiding trees, flowers, buildings and decorations and search through all your farms. It should be there somewhere. If you still can't see it please post alink to your farm here so we can look for it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 07 2014, 06:31 PM

Default found it!

Thank you so much for your help.Why would this happen as I had it in my storage. Very glad I found it and learned something for future.
Old May 07 2014, 09:38 PM

Unhappy Why buy coins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehair View Post
why would you spend real money on coins when you can obtain those by playing the game?
I was hoping for some rational explanation. Not another question.
I'll answer yours, if you answer mine.

I was very near amassing enough coins through harvests and facillities but was just a little short of what I needed. I had sold everything I could at the time. I wanted a few more coins to buy something at that time. So I was going to buy a few coins to complete the transaction. That is when I was astonished at the dollars vs coins exchange rate.
I guess the real answer is that slashkey is in business to make money and they would rather that I just buy all the facilities with dollars. I understand that and can see it in the way they control what you can and cannot buy with coins.
But my original question remains unanswered.
Could someone at least try?
Old May 07 2014, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I was very near amassing enough coins through harvests and facillities but was just a little short of what I needed. I had sold everything I could at the time. I wanted a few more coins to buy something at that time. So I was going to buy a few coins to complete the transaction. That is when I was astonished at the dollars vs coins exchange rate.
I guess the real answer is that slashkey is in business to make money and they would rather that I just buy all the facilities with dollars. I understand that and can see it in the way they control what you can and cannot buy with coins.
Only the developers know the answer to your question and they are not going to say. My opinion would be that they do not expect you to buy coins for an expansion, but only for new players who don't plan well and run out of coins to buy seed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 07 2014, 09:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:

They probably made it so that you could purchase coins also so that if someone wanted to purchase coins they could, but if you want an explanation of why they made the exchange rate the way they did you would have to contact Slashkey only they can tell you, people on the forum can only guess.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old May 07 2014, 11:24 PM
Account Not Linked

I think the coins for cash thing is just left over from the days before there was FC and they never removed it. Back in those days it took forever to build up coins and I wouldn't be surprised if players actually bought them.
Old May 08 2014, 06:12 PM

At one time, you could be hired for cash.
And I can remember receiving 1 FC for every new neighbor.
Is either of these still operational?