Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 08 2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgie247 View Post
Maybe if you see this in a different light it would help. If you have 2 or more neighbors eventually you will all post the same high level reward, at some point you will get that same bonus by clicking 2 of your neighbors posts of the same item. It's okay to click your neighbors posts, plus maxing out your 1M faster is better so you can take advantage of the next 12 hours, instead of waiting around for a click and pushing the reset timer later than 12 hours.

Until the devs decide to fix this very confusing 12hour limit it may be the best. option. hope that helps
I understand all that, but it's still a struggle to decide whether to click on my neighbor's 1st Dan raspberries to help them out and take a chance of maxing my 12 hour limit when I'm still hoping that someone will click on MY 1st Dan wheat sometime in the next 12 hours or so because I really need that bonus.

Making them two separate limits would help us all figure out what we can do and alleviate a lot of the frustration.
Old Jun 08 2011, 08:20 PM
Account Not Linked

Angry Imagine using these methods to compute your payckeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post

The coins limit is a combination from you working on friends requests and them working on yours. Any gift you get from posting on the wall will show up in your gift box in game for you to add.

Yes, like weighing a mix of strawberries and potatoes and using the oranges price to mark the produce in the grocery bag.

CLEAN AS A WHISTLE.

Imagine, the company you work for, using these methods to compute your overtime and actual paycheck.

ROFL

How convoluted does it have to be? Why?

This is a game. We need simple rules. We play to relax.

We do not want to keep ledgers in order to decide if we will click on a request or a bonus.

We do not want to have a spreadsheet open and keep track of our clicks.

We can do it. Some of us do it at work (using spreadsheets for work related computations - not farmtown clicks ROFL). Some of us use spreadsheets to compute our home expenses. We don't want to use them on our leisure time.

In a game, the game should do it for us.

* Do not mix the value of these goods and the value of those goods.

* State how the time window is established; when it starts; when it ends (INFORM the user; similar to the message that the farmer cannot buy products for x hours)

* State the rules clearly (something that is elusive so far).

* Have the game print the numbers in each category in the messages it is displaying. Give us the pertinent information. (similar to the messages that "you are buying product such and such and paying so much above or below the price ...")

Supposedly the game code computes these variables properly (or someone in farmtown development thinks so) ;

FARMTOWN development,
if the code performs the computations properly, then the fault for our aggravation is in the rules;

If so, then fix the problem by making the rules SIMPLE.

If the code has bugs, then fix the code;

Finally, write 3 lines of code to display the information in the messages.

... what is keeping you?

Last edited by capricorn1; Jun 08 2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old Jun 08 2011, 08:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Farmer View Post
I understand all that, but it's still a struggle to decide whether to click on my neighbor's 1st Dan raspberries to help them out and take a chance of maxing my 12 hour limit when I'm still hoping that someone will click on MY 1st Dan wheat sometime in the next 12 hours or so because I really need that bonus.

Making them two separate limits would help us all figure out what we can do and alleviate a lot of the frustration.
I completely agree with you believe me, since I'm not a fan of the 12 hour change. There needs to be a change and a page or two back a regular forum poster has an excellent suggestion it is also on page 35 in the general feedback of the feedback on the harvesting belts thread.
Old Jun 08 2011, 08:23 PM

A question: some trees, like mango, are not listed in the tree store. Is there a way to check my progress? Thank you.
Old Jun 08 2011, 08:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
A question: some trees, like mango, are not listed in the tree store. Is there a way to check my progress? Thank you.
Currently there is not a way to check on gifted trees belt progress.
Old Jun 08 2011, 09:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs up Belts Ruining Sellers Market.

Since the belt system I have noticed that people wanting to selling or buy at the market has dropped to nearly no one using the market. WHY would you if you can get 1000 units for Free by click on a notification on your wall.

Belts has not only cause problems but also killed a great idea in the sellers market.

MY SUGGESTION... kill and abandon the belt system.. and work on the sellers market.

To improve sellers market which would make everyone happy is
1. Allow to sell any ingredients
2. No Time limit ..
3. No limit of selling or buying.
4. Selling and buying should have a price... Sellers and buys price range should be between 100% - 200% - this will stop people that have multi farms trading with each other cheaply.

Please consider my ideas because the belt system has caused more problems than its worth.
Old Jun 08 2011, 09:45 PM

Most of my neighbors have quit playing just in the last few days, I was in hope that they would get this fixed but it seems like nobody cares after tonight my last crops will come in,Then i,ll be going with them as well add another one to your list.
Old Jun 08 2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdoe View Post
Since the belt system I have noticed that people wanting to selling or buy at the market has dropped to nearly no one using the market. WHY would you if you can get 1000 units for Free by click on a notification on your wall.

Belts has not only cause problems but also killed a great idea in the sellers market.

MY SUGGESTION... kill and abandon the belt system.. and work on the sellers market.

To improve sellers market which would make everyone happy is
1. Allow to sell any ingredients
2. No Time limit ..
3. No limit of selling or buying.
4. Selling and buying should have a price... Sellers and buys price range should be between 100% - 200% - this will stop people that have multi farms trading with each other cheaply.

Please consider my ideas because the belt system has caused more problems than its worth.
sorry i would not buy something with 100-200 percent mark up that is nuts and i do not think many people would
Old Jun 08 2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
sorry i would not buy something with 100-200 percent mark up that is nuts and i do not think many people would

Agreed.

Also I avoid the market like the plague, so I wouldn't want that to become the alternative to the belts anyway.

Also I think it is slightly arrogant for anyone to assume that their idea surpasses all others....except my own of course
Old Jun 08 2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oopsy-Bumpty View Post
Agreed.

Also I avoid the market like the plague, so I wouldn't want that to become the alternative to the belts anyway.

Also I think it is slightly arrogant for anyone to assume that their idea surpasses all others....except my own of course
lol like that one
Closed Thread