Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 03 2011, 07:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
For 95 FC, you bet I want to be able to blindly water everything like I did before.
Amen, sister.
Old Sep 03 2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
I want to keep the ability to half the growing time on my flowers.
Jas Yes the ability to cut harvesting time on flowers is wonderful.... what I would like is the choice... If the brown sprinkler is used flowers are watered. If the red is used growing times are halved. Maybe I want too much.. The red sprinkler is great.. Just takes some time to adjust the way I farm.

Thanks
Fred
Old Sep 03 2011, 08:07 PM

I'm sorry, but I didn't read 20 pages to catch up since the latest release, so forgive if I am repeating another's comment/s

Just a small thing, but can Devs fix the Towmart? I am quite sure they intended it to be TowNmart

Also, on a similar subject: I just purchased the tree shaker. Can the Devs correct the word 'shaked' when the comment comes up that "This tree is not ready to be 'shaked'"? I'm sure it should be shaken

Sorry if I sound petty, but I value the English language
Old Sep 03 2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fritz View Post
Jas Yes the ability to cut harvesting time on flowers is wonderful.... what I would like is the choice... If the brown sprinkler is used flowers are watered. If the red is used growing times are halved. Maybe I want too much.. The red sprinkler is great.. Just takes some time to adjust the way I farm.

Thanks
Fred
Exactly the point ......the evolution of our technology means that our methods and practices need to evolve to keep us on the leading edge however flowers dont go to waste so its kinda not here nor there with them and i had a crop of cotton that i irrigated....camre back to harvest it and it said 6.1 DAYS to wasted so thats brilliant its a crop preserver as well lol

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009
Old Sep 03 2011, 08:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
Exactly the point ......the evolution of our technology means that our methods and practices need to evolve to keep us on the leading edge however flowers dont go to waste so its kinda not here nor there with them and i had a crop of cotton that i irrigated....camre back to harvest it and it said 6.1 DAYS to wasted so thats brilliant its a crop preserver as well lol
Evolution of technology? Methods and practices evolving? Leading edge? Seriously? This is just a game. A game where some of us spend real money but still a game none the less. Extended waste time means absolutely nothing to me. I paid 45 FC for a brown sprinkler tool to water my flowers and I expect it to still do that even if we now have a new fangled red sprinkler that cost another 50 FC that does other things. When they put out the harvester/plower/seeder they didn't take away the ability to use just the harvester or just the plower or just the seeder. I expect the same from the sprinklers that cost big FC bucks too.

Last edited by Bonnie Jo; Sep 03 2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old Sep 03 2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
Evolution of technology? Methods and practices evolving? Leading edge? Seriously? This is just a game. A game where some of us spend real money but still a game none the less. Extended waste time means absolutely nothing to me. I paid 45 FC for a brown sprinkler tool to water my flowers and I expect it to still do that even if we now have a new fangled red sprinkler that cost another 50 FC that does other things. Combining them was just stupid on the devs part. When they put out the harvester/plower/seeder they didn't take away the ability to use just the harvester or just the plower or just the seeder. I expect the same from the sprinklers that cost big FC bucks too.
i bet u didnt say things like this when the orange manure spreader was released and it cost a similar amount of farmcash .....it was made clear that the red sprinkler was an extension to the brown one in a similar manner that the orange manure spreader was an extension to the other one however its one of those things that you can please some or most of the people some or most of the time but there will always be people that will find fault and complain about the tiniest thing ...

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009
Old Sep 03 2011, 08:56 PM

I don't see a problem with combining them as such, in that the red sprinkler can also water flowers; I do see a problem with taking away the functionality of the brown sprinkler just because people have the red one. However cutting-edge and glitzy the red sprinkler is, the fact remains that some people sometimes still just want to water their flowers with the tool they paid 45 FC for, and it shouldn't be impossible to let them do it.

Seriously, if the red sprinkler is just an extension of the brown sprinkler rather than a separate tool, it shouldn't cost 50 FC, it should be like the 5x5 tools that are an extension of the 4x4 ones and cost proportionally less.

I was also wondering - and I've seen people asking but I haven't totally understood the answers - if I go along to a friend's farm and water their flowers, does that stop them using the red sprinkler to water their flowers in order to cut the growing time five minutes later, or have I locked them out for a day? I've been trying to water friends' flowers while working their facilities, but I don't want to carry on doing it if I'm just sabotaging them.

Last edited by tnbskts; Sep 03 2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old Sep 03 2011, 09:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
i bet u didnt say things like this when the red manure spreader was released and it cost a similar amount of farmcash .....it was made clear that the red sprinkler was an extension to the brown one in a similar manner that the orange manure spreader was an extension to the other one however its one of those things that you can please some or most of the people some or most of the time but there will always be people that will find fault and complain about the tiniest thing ...
I bought both the manure spreaders at the same time but the new one didn't negate what the first one did, it enhanced it. The red sprinkler does indeed negate what the brown one did, which is JUST watering the flowers. There are times I want to just water my flowers and not speed up my crops and it is no longer available for that.
Old Sep 03 2011, 09:22 PM

Smile

Hi Tiger, that is not what I was saying. I had a neighbour who decided to be "helpful" and water flowers that were ready to be harvested. When I harvested them several hours later, I was unable to irrigate them as it was less than 24 hours since my "helpful" neighbour watered them. After forking out 50 farm cash to purchase the red sprinkler, it has no use whatsoever if a "helpful" neighbour comes along and waters the flowers. It seems to me that the developers need to look at this as it appears to be common thread in this forum. There has to be a way where we irrigate them even when neighbours, who do not have a red sprinkler waters our flowers. It defeats the purpose of having it otherwise.

Anne

Farming since 24th July 2009

But I'm not addicted!
Old Sep 03 2011, 09:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
I was also wondering - and I've seen people asking but I haven't totally understood the answers - if I go along to a friend's farm and water their flowers, does that stop them using the red sprinkler to water their flowers in order to cut the growing time five minutes later, or have I locked them out for a day? I've been trying to water friends' flowers while working their facilities, but I don't want to carry on doing it if I'm just sabotaging them.
If someone waters your flowers you can still water your flowers and crops with the red sprinkler and speed up the growth that same day. That information is in the first post of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneandjuice View Post
Hi Tiger, that is not what I was saying. I had a neighbour who decided to be "helpful" and water flowers that were ready to be harvested. When I harvested them several hours later, I was unable to irrigate them as it was less than 24 hours since my "helpful" neighbour watered them. After forking out 50 farm cash to purchase the red sprinkler, it has no use whatsoever if a "helpful" neighbour comes along and waters the flowers. It seems to me that the developers need to look at this as it appears to be common thread in this forum. There has to be a way where we irrigate them even when neighbours, who do not have a red sprinkler waters our flowers. It defeats the purpose of having it otherwise.

Anne
Two days ago my flower farm (only flowers on this farm) was ready to harvest but the flowers where "dead" and I couldn't harvest them without watering them. I did not want to water them myself because I wanted to half the growing time. I asked a neighbor to come water them for me, she used the bucket because she doesn't own the sprinkler and watered all my flowers. I then harvested them and used the red sprinkler to water them right after that, this all happened in probably a 30 minutes time frame. I do not recall if I got the you can only water flowers once a day message but my flowers showed the w in their name and where reduced to a 2 day growing time. I don't know if someone using the brown sprinkler on flowers will be different then using the bucket or if all the changes they have made the last two days has messed something up but as of 2 days ago it was working just fine for me.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Closed Thread