Closed Thread

Old Sep 03 2011, 02:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default sprinkler

Maybe since the developers seem to listen to suggestions why dont they have a vote to see who wants both, the red and the brown sprinklers then they would know how most people feel.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 03 2011, 02:10 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I vote for both.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 03 2011, 02:13 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Mine wont work - someone watered my farm 3 which only has flowers and trees so its not really a problem but I think the neighbours watering is sill blocking the use of the red sprinkler. Im not getting a mouse over to say how many hours until next use unlike the other farms and I have found that when there is no mouse over hours showing I can usually use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Ha Ha just found the secret! It WILL work if there are crops but not if only flowers - obvious really.
Two days ago my flower farm (only flowers on this farm) was ready to harvest but the flowers where "dead" and I couldn't harvest them without watering them. I did not want to water them myself because I wanted to half the growing time. I asked a neighbor to come water them for me, she used the bucket because she doesn't own the sprinkler and watered all my flowers. I then harvested them and used the red sprinkler to water them right after that, this all happened in probably a 30 minutes time frame. I do not recall if I got the you can only water flowers once a day message but my flowers showed the w in their name and where reduced to a 2 day growing time. I don't know if someone using the brown sprinkler on flowers will be different then using the bucket or if all the changes they have made the last two days has messed something up but as of 2 days ago it was working just fine for me.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 03 2011, 03:35 PM

I would vote for both the brown and red sprinkler.

Brown sprinkles flowers, and red irrigates crops.

Fritz
Old Sep 03 2011, 03:44 PM

Ok guys I don't know what complaining about the red sprinkler is all about. Since the last updates to it I have to it to a wonderful tool. I can use it the same way as I did the brown and also have the added benefits that is provides. You just have to pay attention to what you are doing. For example I had a field that I noticed my flowers needed watering, I started to just water them as usual but then I realized I had nothing planted on that on that field so I planted my crops and water and killed two birds with one stone as they say. You just can't blindly go around watering everything like you did before.

Now with all that said. With all the talk in here I have hardly seen a word about the one of the most handy tools that we have been asking for for a very long time. That is the new Add to Animal Building tool in the extended menu. I seen that and went and tested it out. I bought me a new Wool Shed and bought 100 Sheep and 100 Llamas used that to put them in building. WOW just click once on each on and it is in the building. I am impressed. Now for the bad news and this might have been because I was going too fast but I did get several errors say it couldn't add the animal to the building, but I would get that doing it the old way too. So I think it is a very good tool.

THANK YOU DEVS!!!
Old Sep 03 2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post

Now with all that said. With all the talk in here I have hardly seen a word about the one of the most handy tools that we have been asking for for a very long time. That is the new Add to Animal Building tool in the extended menu. I seen that and went and tested it out. I bought me a new Wool Shed and bought 100 Sheep and 100 Llamas used that to put them in building. WOW just click once on each on and it is in the building. I am impressed. Now for the bad news and this might have been because I was going too fast but I did get several errors say it couldn't add the animal to the building, but I would get that doing it the old way too. So I think it is a very good tool.

THANK YOU DEVS!!!
Ok well the add to animal tool was actually in the last update, but I still don't remember reading any comments about it...
Old Sep 03 2011, 05:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fritz View Post
I would vote for both the brown and red sprinkler.

Brown sprinkles flowers, and red irrigates crops.

Fritz
I want to keep the ability to half the growing time on my flowers.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 03 2011, 06:12 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
Ok guys I don't know what complaining about the red sprinkler is all about. Since the last updates to it I have to it to a wonderful tool. I can use it the same way as I did the brown and also have the added benefits that is provides. You just have to pay attention to what you are doing. For example I had a field that I noticed my flowers needed watering, I started to just water them as usual but then I realized I had nothing planted on that on that field so I planted my crops and water and killed two birds with one stone as they say. You just can't blindly go around watering everything like you did before.
For 95 FC, you bet I want to be able to blindly water everything like I did before.
Old Sep 03 2011, 06:40 PM

There is a problem with irrigating your flowers. If someone comes in and waters them before they are harvested you can't irrigate them. This defeats the purpose of being able to irrigate them and invalidates the cost of the red sprinkler.

Farming since 24th July 2009

But I'm not addicted!
Old Sep 03 2011, 06:46 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneandjuice View Post
There is a problem with irrigating your flowers. If someone comes in and waters them before they are harvested you can't irrigate them. This defeats the purpose of being able to irrigate them and invalidates the cost of the red sprinkler.

Hello,

When you were on the farm that you wanted to speed up the crops on, did you check the info in the facility manager by hovering over the red sprinkler? That would tell you how many hours were left since you last did it, if it doesn't show you how many hours are left, then it's ready to use.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread