Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 16 2023, 05:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgalpatti View Post
I think the developers need to come up with a better way for neighbors to load and sent ships on to the next post. I currently have four ships help up by one neighbor. One has been in her port for 1 day and 4 hours. Farmers are postings all the time asking neighbors to close their ports if they are not going to be available in a timely fashion. It is very frustrating as it is time-consuming preparing the ship only to have it sit at a port over 24 hr period and/or skip the port. All farmers should have at least one option to forward a ship that is stuck on all ships, not just the blue ship. I had one stuck on the last port until the time ran out to send it home due to the death of the farmer. Thank you for listening to my concerns. Patty
Hi Farmgalpatti,
You do have the option to skip any port except for the last one. There are also tools you can purchase to allow you to self load some of the ports. If you are consistently having ships sit in a neighbor's port then you have the option to replace them in your logbook with another neighbor. So there are ways to advance your ships when they are stuck in someone's port.
If you have a specific suggestion of a different way to all moving ships on from port to port themn please post it in the Suggestions section where we have those organized by subject for the developers to see rather than posting it here in the General Feedback.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 18 2023, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgalpatti View Post
I think the developers need to come up with a better way for neighbors to load and sent ships on to the next post. I currently have four ships help up by one neighbor. One has been in her port for 1 day and 4 hours. Farmers are postings all the time asking neighbors to close their ports if they are not going to be available in a timely fashion. It is very frustrating as it is time-consuming preparing the ship only to have it sit at a port over 24 hr period and/or skip the port. All farmers should have at least one option to forward a ship that is stuck on all ships, not just the blue ship. I had one stuck on the last port until the time ran out to send it home due to the death of the farmer. Thank you for listening to my concerns. Patty
I agree, I've just had one of mine sit there for 2 days on one of my farming friends ports. I usually forward it myself after 24 hours (I have the overhead crane things, so worth the price) but I forgot.

They should be a rule, that if you don't do the prepare, dispatch, and unload yourself, then your ships will be automatically turned off in 24 hours. Or at least: a i forward them tick box, and a I do ships tick box, or I do ships and forward yours tick box
Slashkey could you make that happen.
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Feb 18 2023, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra_J View Post
I agree, I've just had one of mine sit there for 2 days on one of my farming friends ports. I usually forward it myself after 24 hours (I have the overhead crane things, so worth the price) but I forgot.

They should be a rule, that if you don't do the prepare, dispatch, and unload yourself, then your ships will be automatically turned off in 24 hours. Or at least: a i forward them tick box, and a I do ships tick box, or I do ships and forward yours tick box
Slashkey could you make that happen.
I also agree. There should be a way automatically disable a port if you are not active in the shipyard. Very frustrating waiting to se it someone is going to advance your ship or not
Old Mar 06 2023, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
I also agree. There should be a way automatically disable a port if you are not active in the shipyard. Very frustrating waiting to se it someone is going to advance your ship or not

All players that refuse to load ships can use Preferences to Disable Ships, then they will stop appearing on our dispatch log, right?

Slashkey assigns the neighbors to my ships; I need to be able to pick only those who are active. I recently removed a neighbor due to ships sitting at her port for days; then I found she was only active, like once a week.

The only way to remove her from my dispatch log was to remove and unfriend her. She did not post for or help refer/speedup either, so no big loss.
Old Mar 06 2023, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMab99 View Post
I don't know why we can't choose, permanently, who's ports we want the ships to dock at. I have plenty of friends who do not want to do ships so my stuff sits there for days. Sometimes you can catch it and skip ports, but then it just gets stuck at the last one. Now I see why people DON'T want to do them.
I stopped sending my ships out for a while ~ do not understand why players do not want the free ingredients, I do not need stuff, that I load to help lower level players.

But with Farm Pass, I started doing them again, due to pass requiring uploading, or sending or sending someone else's. Often, tho' the color requirements do not work.
Old Mar 06 2023, 03:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyceclover View Post
All players that refuse to load ships can use Preferences to Disable Ships, then they will stop appearing on our dispatch log, right?

Slashkey assigns the neighbors to my ships; I need to be able to pick only those who are active. I recently removed a neighbor due to ships sitting at her port for days; then I found she was only active, like once a week.

The only way to remove her from my dispatch log was to remove and unfriend her. She did not post for or help refer/speedup either, so no big loss.
Hi Alyceclover,
Please read the Game Guide chapter 32 about the ships:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

That chapter will tell you how to replace ports and to set up a "Reuse logbook"
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 26 2023, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Alyceclover,
Please read the Game Guide chapter 32 about the ships:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

That chapter will tell you how to replace ports and to set up a "Reuse logbook"
Thanks, but that is old news. Issue is I can click "replace" port, but there is no neighbor to replace them with, thus stuck skipping 7 to 9 points for every ship.
The chapter does not show how to choose only the neighbors I want my ships to go to. I reorder my itinerary, Use Last itinerary, every time I load ships.
Old Mar 26 2023, 08:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyceclover View Post
Thanks, but that is old news. Issue is I can click "replace" port, but there is no neighbor to replace them with, thus stuck skipping 7 to 9 points for every ship.
The chapter does not show how to choose only the neighbors I want my ships to go to. I reorder my itinerary, Use Last itinerary, every time I load ships.
Hi Alyceclover,
Unfortunately you do not have enough neighbors to even fill out the 30 slots, so you have no choice except to use the ones you have that have their port open. That means all of those who have their port open. The only thing you can do is rearrange the ones you have into an order that works. Be sure you move one that you know will load the ships to the 30 slot so your ship isn't stuck waiting for the time to expire.

The only other suggestion I can make is for you to add more neighbors who do the ships. That can also increase your storage area too.
Old Jul 29 2023, 07:47 PM

I think the time penalties for the cargo ships are unfair. I send off a cargo ship every day but if one day my internet goes down or there is a storm and electricity goes out by the time I get to send off another cargo ship the time between loading containers has doubled. It just isn't right!
Old Oct 28 2023, 09:16 PM

I presume that this has already been requested several times, but here goes. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get all the game programmers together and have them decide on a 'standard' way to play portions of the game. Specifically: 1) Seaport Manager: My Seaport: When there are several ships in My Seaport, click to finish each one makes it disappear, and the next one comes up. 2) My Train Manager: Boost Others' Trains, unlike My Seaport, I have to move and click on each train, why not make this like My Seaport - when I click a train, it disappears. 3a) Facility Chains Manager: Import Products From: clicking on a Farmer imports their products and they disappear. 3b) Export Products To: sometimes dozens of farmers are listed with only a few able to export to, but they DON'T disappear when done. 3c) Import & Export function: Closing the current Import or Export windows doesn't turn the icon from Green to Blue. I have to remember which (of the almost 150 icons) I opened and ignore it for a 2nd click. 3d) Why not make the My Chains functions work like the Trade Products functions? (all Import / Export farmers are listed and I can run through the list quickly importing and exporting the products I wish to. 4) Show Cooperative Quests: If I start with the highest player and work coop quests to the left (lowest player) the window crashes every time I hit a player that just completed their last quest. This DOESN'T happen when I start with the lowest player and work to the right (highest player). There's other issues, but this is a starting place for now.