Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 06 2021, 05:52 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbyman View Post
Hello Peoples
Facility = Paper Mill / Product = Paper Roll. A 1 day run says i require 3374 but says i need a further 2408. I have 44 paper Mills (have enough ingredients for 100% Mill capacity in all owned after running facility manager) How is it possible that I can be short 2408??
Cheers
Hi yabbyman,

What are the figures you are quoting for? A lack of pine logs to make the paper rolls or a lack of paper rolls to use in other facilities?

You have enough pine logs to make everything in the paper mills, so it shouldn't be showing a shortage of pine logs for one 15 day fill.

If it's the paper rolls that you are running out of, that facility can only make a maximum of 84 per day. If you also have 7th Dan for the paper rolls then you will be getting a chance of up to another 48% on top of that for bonus batches which could bring the amount up to around 124 paper rolls per paper mill.

If you are running out of paper rolls, you need to have a look at how many other facilities you own that use the paper rolls to see why you are running out of them, if you are loading those facilities as well.

For example you own 39 bar supply factories. Those alone would require 7,020 paper rolls to start all the products in it that require it.
You also have a considerable amount of other facilities that are using paper rolls.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 07 2021, 12:32 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default filling single set of facilities.

Hello
Not sure if this should be in facilities or neighbours but here goes.
I would like to empty all my facilities on a single farm so that I can move them to storage without losing the products. Is there a way to do this via the facility manager, please?

Last edited by slartismum; Oct 07 2021 at 12:37 PM. Reason: pressed Save before completing message
Old Oct 07 2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slartismum View Post
Hello
Not sure if this should be in facilities or neighbours but here goes.
I would like to empty all my facilities on a single farm so that I can move them to storage without losing the products. Is there a way to do this via the facility manager, please?

Hi slartismum,

I have moved your post to the facility thread as any of your friends can work your facilities not just neighbours.

The only way to empty them and also keep the products being made or stocked, is for the work in them to be completed, then you will need to store what's done and cash out the service facilities before you move them.

However, this is important....if you are participating in the NCC you must NOT move those facilities to other farms as that will force you to abandon the contest for the rest of the week and there is no way to get you back into it, you would have to wait until next week to enter again.

The safest method is just to let them all get emptied by your friends working them, then it won't matter if a mistake is made later with changing filters in the Facility Manager and you won't have to remember to change the filters back after you have moved them to another farm. Emptying the facilities will go faster the more friends you have that can work them until all the production is completed, you have stored and cashed out, but remember, don't store or move the NCC facilities, those will have to wait until the contest is over if you don't want to abandon it.

If you are wanting to keep the facilities active on the other farms then there are a couple of other ways to do it as long as you own all of the facility tools and those tools are still all in your item storage. I will just list the easier one of the 2 that I can think of as the other one is more time consuming.

Set the Location in the facility manager to a Group of Farms so that you only harvest/start/load those farms and leave it set that way until the facilities are emptied. You want check marks added for the farms you want worked and make sure that the farm you want emptied doesn't have a check mark, then click the green check mark to save those changes.

You would then have to manually harvest those animal sheds on that farm and and work any NCC facilities either manually or from the NCC manager.

You also would have to remember not to change the Facility Manager Location
until you've moved them or you will end up with them started and loaded again.

Once you've moved the facilities you can change the Location in the facility manager back to All Farms again.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Oct 07 2021, 03:00 PM

Level:
XP:
Default Thank you

Thank you, Tiger, I think that I have digested that.
To recap, I make a group of farms and only tick those that I want loading basically. Then I work the one that needs emptying separately by hand.
Old Oct 07 2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Thank you, Tiger, I think that I have digested that.
To recap, I make a group of farms and only tick those that I want loading basically. Then I work the one that needs emptying separately by hand.
Hi slartismum,

Yes, when you click on Group of Farms then click on Select just add a check mark for all of them and leave it off for the farm you want to empty, click the green check mark to save.

After you have done that, when you use the buttons at the very top of the Facility Manager that will then only harvest/start/load the facilities on those farms where you added the check marks.

Then as your friends work all your facilities on all farms, the farm you want emptied will gradually get completed.

All you are doing with the facilities on that farm that you are trying to empty, is harvesting the animal sheds and checking once in a while to see if the the production is finished in all of them.
You can store from them if you really need the products, but it's quicker to do it in one go when they are all done.
If there are any NCC facilities on it you can start/load those from the NCC manager.

When all the production is done on that farm and you have the time to move them:
  • Go to that farm,
  • Open the Facility Manager, Funnel Icon and change the Location to Current Farm.
  • Click the green check mark to save the change.
  • Then ONLY use the Store ALL and Cash Out All buttons.
    Don't use Start All.

Once you have moved the facilities that are not part of the NCC to where you want them, you can then change the Facility Manager Location again to All Farms and then use all the buttons at the top of the Facility Manager as normal.

Any NCC facilities on that farm will have to wait until the contest is over and the new facilities picked. What you can do when the contest is over, is remove the check mark on just those NCC Facilities in your Facility Manager so that no more production is started or loaded in them so that they empty.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Oct 08 2021, 11:52 AM

Level:
XP:
Default emptying facs

Thank you again, Tiger. You were very patient and i completely understand it now. I certainly did not know about the NCC facs but I do now.
Old Oct 08 2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Thank you again, Tiger. You were very patient and i completely understand it now. I certainly did not know about the NCC facs but I do now.
You are very welcome slartismum

Clickable Help Links:

Old Oct 09 2021, 11:30 PM

My Farm 21 does not work correctly. I have dozens of facilities on that farm When I use the Facility Manager and hit "Cash Out", it reads "Nothing to cash out at this time." However, with as many facilities as I have on this page there should always be a big cash payout. It has always worked until yesterday and today. It also will not allow any products to be stored in the three facilities that use that. I have also tried it without the Facility Manager and both still don't cash out or store any products.

Thanks,
Debbie (100000187697715)
Old Oct 10 2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDJ13 View Post
My Farm 21 does not work correctly. I have dozens of facilities on that farm When I use the Facility Manager and hit "Cash Out", it reads "Nothing to cash out at this time." However, with as many facilities as I have on this page there should always be a big cash payout. It has always worked until yesterday and today. It also will not allow any products to be stored in the three facilities that use that. I have also tried it without the Facility Manager and both still don't cash out or store any products.

Thanks,
Debbie (100000187697715)
Hi Debbie,

If it's every facility on that farm you are having a problem with then please open your Facility Manager and make sure it's set like this so it can see all the facilities on every farm. If it's not set like this, then it may not be seeing all of them to be able to load/store/cash them out:
You haven't told us which product you are having a problem with in which facilities so we can't check that for you. I had a look at farm 21 and there's a more than 3 facilities so I'm not sure which ones you hare having a problem with.

Have a look at what product is not loading into a service facility and see if it can be stocked in more than one type of facility. You can open any facility and click the question mark on a product to get information about where something may be produced or stocked.

For example if it was Farmerade Energy Drink you were having a problem with, which is made in the Soft Drink Factory. That can be stocked in 3 different service facilities so you would need more than one Soft Drink Factory making it to be able to stock all 3 service facilities to 100%.

If it's not that either, then please also check in your facility manager that the facility that makes the product has a check mark on the facility, then open the facility and make sure there is also a check mark in the box for the product you are having a problem with. Any removed check marks whether it be on the facility or a product inside the facility a facility prevents that product(s) being made or stocked.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Oct 10 2021, 02:10 PM

can not move facilities I bought and paid for from storage to farm please help I already paid and can not use

Tags
belt, can't post from facility, cash out, display issues, duplicate facility, facilities, facility manager, facility wall requests, find facility on farm, fuel problems, fuel usage, funeral facilities, ingredient planner, levels, load all, non-workable facs, production facility, religious facilities, service facilities, service facility, store all, what's in stock, what's pending