Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 11 2023, 07:10 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMatthew KC View Post
I had a little odd experience tonight working wall posts. The facility links opening in a Facebook window, but something quickly changes in the address bar - too fast for me to read, other than redirecting... and it takes me to my farm. When I click on the back button twice, it takes me to the person's facilities. I thought I ought to report it. It's not a serious issue, but it confused me a few times.
Hi SirMatthew KC,

Sorry there was on one free to answer you sooner. Are you still getting this problem now?

Have you kept up with the routine things like computer updates, browser updates and clearing?

When you click on a facility request are you just clicking on the link or are you right clicking on it to open it in a new tab window to work so you can keep the facility wall requests page open while working facilities?

Are you loading the game via a saved bookmark in your browser?
If you are, try loading it from the Facebook bookmark on the left side of Facebook or the Play FarmTown button a the top of the forum and see if you get the same problem in that the work request is taking you to your own farm.

If the same problem is happening after trying those:
  • Is the Friend connection on Facebook still there?
  • Is the Friend one of your Neighbours?
  • Is the Friend a Buddy?
  • Could you please also ask that friend if they have you as one of their Neighbours or Buddies.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Apr 11 2023 at 08:16 AM.
Old Apr 11 2023, 07:36 AM

I have been having the same issue this morning. I click on the link to work a neighbors farm and it takes me directly to my farm. It seems to be random. Some links work and others don't. I've never had this happen before, it's weird.
Old Apr 11 2023, 08:11 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbarLFarms View Post
I have been having the same issue this morning. I click on the link to work a neighbors farm and it takes me directly to my farm. It seems to be random. Some links work and others don't. I've never had this happen before, it's weird.
Hi JbarLFarms,

Same questions and things to try for you please:

Have you kept up with the routine things like computer updates, browser updates and clearing?

When you click on a facility request are you just clicking on the link or are you right clicking on it to open it in a new tab window to work so you can keep the facility wall requests page open while working facilities?

If you are, try loading it from the Facebook bookmark on the left side of Facebook or the Play FarmTown button a the top of the forum and see if you get the same problem in that the work request is taking you to your own farm.

• Is the Friend a Buddy?
  • Could you please also ask that friend if they have you as one of their Neighbours or Buddies.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Apr 11 2023 at 08:16 AM.
Old Apr 11 2023, 09:36 AM

Default Facility Wall Taking me to my farm

I am having the same problem as so many others. I have cleared my meme, my browsers are cleared and updated, It is random. The error I receive is:

FacebookUnity.Canvas.ICanvasFacebookCallBackHandle r.OnUrlResponse'ontype"failed.

Then: LOG Not implemented: Class::FromI12CppType

Finally: ERROR MethodAccessException: Attempt to access method 'Facebook.Unity.IFacebookCallbackHandler.OnInitCom plete' on type " failed.

I'm sorry I couldn't share the screen shot, but no idea how to do that in the forum.

And yes, the links are of friends who are still friends.
Old Apr 11 2023, 09:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Girl View Post
I am having the same problem as so many others. I have cleared my meme, my browsers are cleared and updated, It is random. The error I receive is:

FacebookUnity.Canvas.ICanvasFacebookCallBackHandle r.OnUrlResponse'ontype"failed.

Then: LOG Not implemented: Class::FromI12CppType

Finally: ERROR MethodAccessException: Attempt to access method 'Facebook.Unity.IFacebookCallbackHandler.OnInitCom plete' on type " failed.

I'm sorry I couldn't share the screen shot, but no idea how to do that in the forum.

And yes, the links are of friends who are still friends.
Hi Early Girl,
Same questions and things to try for you please:

• Is the Friend a Buddy?
Please also try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try working those again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 11 2023, 10:05 AM

Taz, I apologize. I always make sure to do all the basics before I ask. My browser is updated and history cleaned. I have cleaned my meme cache. The links are still Friends on FB. I have no Buddies. I have not noticed it with Neighbors. I do multitab facs - up to 6. Tried going down to 5, but it made no difference. I will ask questions from the links.
Old Apr 11 2023, 10:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Taz, I apologize. I always make sure to do all the basics before I ask. My browser is updated and history cleaned. I have cleaned my meme cache. The links are still Friends on FB. I have no Buddies. I have not noticed it with Neighbors. I do multitab facs - up to 6. Tried going down to 5, but it made no difference. I will ask questions from the links.
Hi Early Girl,
While you are asking them the questions also see if they posted from Facebook or from the website. Were you working through Facebook or the website?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Apr 11 2023 at 10:24 AM.
Old Apr 11 2023, 10:22 AM

I will. These are all posted through the FB site. Been in contact with 1, and she said I am her neighbor - she is not mine. Was wondering what would happen with 1-way neighbors.
Old Apr 11 2023, 10:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I will. These are all posted through the FB site. Been in contact with 1, and she said I am her neighbor - she is not mine. Was wondering what would happen with 1-way neighbors.
Hi Early Girl,
We are not sure how those will work as yet. They are still working on those things.
Were you working those posts through Facebook as well or through the website?
Old Apr 11 2023, 10:52 AM

It's a weird concept. Totally understand. The problems are only coming from the FB facility posts - not the SK site.

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests