Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Dear Slashkey;
This is to inform you that you are in non-compliance with railroad safety regulations. All steam trains are required to have a caboose as the last car on any train consist. Please correct this oversight imediately.

Railroad Safety Commission
And let it be a RED caboose with no discoloring!!
Old Jun 11 2012, 03:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Mae View Post
I like the trains. They look great and will be a nice addition to what is needed on the whole farm. The only thing that made me nuts is The long container car I can not buy it will only let me send. The other is the ghost train. I wanted to move it to the side of the farm. I guess I have to wait the whole week to move it to the side. But in general I LOVE IT!!! Thanks to the devs and of course Raul!!!!
Sandy make sure you are on the farem where the facility is and have a locomotive there too. Then refresh your farm. That should unlock it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 11 2012, 07:27 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I thought the trains would be for people to put extra goods into for a small payment then the cars of the train(s) would randomly show up in the market or on peoples farms for people to look at what that train car has available and buy what they need up to their limit.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 12 2012, 06:59 AM

Default That doesn't address the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
If you look at the math to do with the stone windmill.......you will find it is a lot more efficient than the red ones.......in the red ones u put 10 wheat and get 5 flour........in the stone mill you put 10 wheat and get 15 flour so thus you will get more flour per wheat with a stone mill and that means you dont have to plant wheat as often .
I already knew that. My question is more why require a FC item for the trains when there is a coin equivalent. Why should I need to buy a stone windmill, and pay extra FC to get a working train when a regular red windmill would be sufficient?
Old Jun 12 2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meacara View Post
I already knew that. My question is more why require a FC item for the trains when there is a coin equivalent. Why should I need to buy a stone windmill, and pay extra FC to get a working train when a regular red windmill would be sufficient?
Hi, sorry but no one here can really answer that question , it is simply the way the developers have set it up. The only thing I can suggest is that you post in the Suggestion section and suggest they allow the red windmill to be sufficient to allow you to purchase the freight car.
Old Jun 12 2012, 07:50 AM

I am loving the trains. Got mine all set up with 3 carriers and look forward to more enhancements to carry more products like milk, eggs, sugar etc. Things we all run out of often. Also planted the new cashew tree's and the lemon grass. I enjoy playing FT.
Old Jun 12 2012, 08:10 AM

Sorry, but I fall into the what a waste of money category! It's not that I don't want to spend money on the game, I have spent a couple hundred on it already and will spend more. If they come out with cars that will carry things that I acctually run out of I might get it, but pigments??? really??? I make them once a week or 2 and have plenty. I have to have 5 textile and spinning mills to keep up with canvas - now that is a need. Please come out with a car that carries items which demand more than 2 facilities to keep up.
Old Jun 12 2012, 08:11 AM

Trains, as I see it are the beginning of a long and new journey in Farm Town. There are many things that can be done with those trains in the future.

As of now those Trains are just a new element in this game and I encourage the developers to continue on in that journey which may be in different arenas than we are thinking.

I see bigger farms in the future as well as bigger towns, therefore Trains that move stuff I feel are great.
Old Jun 12 2012, 10:29 AM
Account Not Linked

Although some may like them, after reading the guide on Trains and what is being offered at this time, I think I will pass. I was expecting them to offer more of in-demand things such as silk rolls, canvas rolls, lumber, and cheese first (some of the ones I have the most trouble keeping a good stock of). If these are offered in the future, I may reconsider.
With the exception of the Paper Roll (which recently became more in demand because of the Post office supply factory), I am well-stocked on everything the trains are offering at this time because I have spent a lot of time planning my production line/farms/crops over time. But, I also don't feel the need to post facilities everyday, or play everyday anymore. But that's just the way I play and my opinion. Happy Farming everyone!
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity