Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Closed Thread

Old Dec 10 2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckfreeman View Post
Your response does not apply in any way to the mobile sprinkler problem if you really think about it
Your right, I do not have a problem with the mobile sprinkler operation!

Started playing Farm Town May 30 2009 been addicted ever since
Old Jan 02 2012, 02:31 AM

Default Bigger farms and the Orange Sprinkler:

Farm Town friends & neighbors, just a note:

In this last update of Farm town we are getting more space on our farms and that has caused me to change my methods. I will still update my facilities and services and post them every third day. More space is a benefit; however, I still need a lot of stuff from my farms.

I also bought the Orange Sprinkler, primarily for my trees and flowers and secondarily for the crops to bring those all in on a faster cycle. I don’t get more; I just get the results of those faster. But I will still need three days to get all the stuff I need to post.

With the new farms (Farm 13 etc.) in the future; I will layer less & less, as those farms will provide more farming space. I already have three farms with no crops and I utilize those farms for the buildings and the lakes, ocean fronts and other such as well as flowers and trees. I now am moving more stuff that are not crops to those three farms because they are now bigger thus making more space in those other 9 farms, which are also bigger, for crops, and that is also a benefit to me.

Just to let you all know. Playing Farm Town still takes a lot of my time, but it for me is a wonderful game, however, in the future, for me, time is paramount and I will devote and can devote only so much time to this game.

Last edited by rjohn726; Jan 02 2012 at 02:35 AM.
Old Jan 26 2012, 08:02 AM

The watering should be for each CROP, not each farm......I had to split a farm into 2 different crops and today I cannot water the shorter termed one....I needed it done in 2 hours...Would that be possible to program into the system >???????
That would be a GREAT HELP !! Thanks ann
Old Feb 01 2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I love the sprinkler but I paid 50 farmcash for this and after a farm is ready and harvested and plant a new one it should help out for the new planted farm now i have to wait 9 hours before I can use it again.And that was lot of farmcash to spend on that.
Amen! I was under the impression (mistaken, obviously) that the sprinkler would work the way the manure spreader does. I even did a search and tried to figure out how to make it work for multiple crops. The answer said to sprinkle BEFORE planting. So I planted one plot of watermelons, sprinkled, then planted the rest of the farm in watermelons. Guess what? Only the one plot will be ready in half the time. Sometimes I have several short crops I'd like to plant/harvest and get them in my storage. Doesn't work with sprinkler. If I plant say, a 12 hour crop, harvest it, then another 12 hour crop, the second crop will take the full 12 hours and I can't re-sprinkle. $50 FC is a lot to spend for less than optimum use. Not pleased.

Last edited by BamaNana; Feb 01 2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Spelling is important
Old Feb 01 2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaNana View Post
Amen! I was under the impression (mistaken, obviously) that the sprinkler would work the way the manure spreader does. I even did a search and tried to figure out how to make it work for multiple crops. The answer said to sprinkle BEFORE planting. So I planted one plot of watermelons, sprinkled, then planted the rest of the farm in watermelons. Guess what? Only the one plot will be ready in half the time. Sometimes I have several short crops I'd like to plant/harvest and get them in my storage. Doesn't work with sprinkler. If I plant say, a 12 hour crop, harvest it, then another 12 hour crop, the second crop will take the full 12 hours and I can't re-sprinkle. $50 FC is a lot to spend for less than optimum use. Not pleased.
Well I harvest crops, plant crops, Harvest the trees and flowers, and then water that farm and it does a fine job for that farm, however only one time a day.

Therefore If I want to plant 4 hour, 8 hour, and 12 hour crops all in one day, after harvesting crops, trees and flowers on that farm I plant the 8 hour crop water that crop along with the trees and flowers first, then in 4 hours I harvest that crop and plant the other 4 hour crop, and in 4 hours it's ready to be harvested without being watered, and I plant the 12 hour crop not watered for tomorrow morning.

That all works fine for me.
Old Feb 01 2012, 02:44 PM

rjohn, I'm glad that works for you, and eventually I guess I'll get used to it. It's just that it seems to me that sprinkling should work the same way as the manure spreader...for as long as a farm is fertilized, it gives you twice the amount you would get if it weren't fertilized. Following that logic, you'd think the sprinkler would work the same way...for as long as the farm is watered, your crops are ready for harvest in half the time. Makes sense to me anyway.
Old Feb 01 2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaNana View Post
I really don't think the point of that sprinkler was to let us use it willy nilly over all crops at all times. It is designed as a strategic tool and we are meant to use our brains when deciding if and when to use it.

Old Feb 03 2012, 09:19 PM

Gee, why didn't I think of that??? I thought paying for it would give me the right to use it willy nilly if I chose.
Old Feb 23 2012, 10:22 AM

Speaking of flowers and since I am not sure of any other posts with this questions can ayone tell me how many of each flower I need to plant to fill the flower shop? I wnet thru search but didn't find the answer , sorry if I missed it , thanks , I love Farm Town and all the challenges it presents, the devs and moderators keep it rocking !!!

Serenity Acres
Old Feb 23 2012, 11:56 AM

I wish I could answer your question. I had to keep planting flowers by the farmload until I managed to stuff that flower shop to capacity. Even now I come up just short, mainly due to a missing bird of paradise, so I keep planting more. I even have a farm dedicated to posies, which isn't enough on its own. So happy planting!
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity