Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Dec 02 2022, 01:42 PM

I should have known something was up - or rather down - when I noticed that Farm Town had disappeared from my shortcuts on the left side of my home page.
Old Dec 02 2022, 01:55 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punnybone View Post
Maybe it's time to take the game off Facebook and be independent?
My understanding is this is already underway. It's not a simple matter to move from one host to another overnight or in a couple days. That requires time and constant testing to ensure the new host operates properly.

We the players just have to wait this out and STOP speculating as to what caused the game outage.
Old Dec 02 2022, 02:22 PM

It is time for us all to find another hobby.
Old Dec 02 2022, 02:23 PM

If you think about just the friends aspect of game. Friends is a Facebook feature. That in itself is probably not too easy to duplicate on a stand alone game server. The interconnectivity between players is probably one of the top hurdles to cross in order to play the game independent of Facebook.

For all the enjoyment this game has given all of us, a nominal monthly charge of, lets say $4.99 is well worth it, if those funds can give us the same sort of platform as we get from Facebook.

However it takes a lot of time for the developers to write the code to get us to that point.
Old Dec 02 2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-T View Post
My understanding is this is already underway. It's not a simple matter to move from one host to another overnight or in a couple days. That requires time and constant testing to ensure the new host operates properly.

We the players just have to wait this out and STOP speculating as to what caused the game outage.
Hi Mister-T,
People are not only speculating but making unsubstantiated claims that run around the rumor mill as if they were fact.

By the way, did you know that Mr. T had T-cell lymphoma a while back? Ironic that it matched his name. Of course I did too, which is why I started playing years ago at this point. It was my own form (I almost typed farm) of physical therapy!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 02 2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
It is time for us all to find another hobby.
Hi JohnAlbertini,
Retail therapy just doesn't have the desired effect on us males!
And if single there aren't as many people to meet at the malls.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 02 2022, 05:17 PM

I am just wondering if there is any update as to what is going on why Facebook has blocked FarmTown and when it is schduled to come back? I know you guys are working hard on this but just curious...Thank you for ally you do!!!
Old Dec 02 2022, 05:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance75231 View Post
I am just wondering if there is any update as to what is going on why Facebook has blocked FarmTown and when it is schduled to come back? I know you guys are working hard on this but just curious...Thank you for ally you do!!!
Hi Lance,
When we get any update from the developers be assured it will be posted here in the forums.

For all please do not speculate on what is going on or when Farm Town will be back. If you don't see it written by the moderators or Raul here in the forum then it is not true and only a rumor someone thought it was cute to start. This is the only place you will get the facts.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 02 2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcandymountain View Post
The thing I find frustrating is that with a game as big as Farmtown, when Facebook takes it down, and the developers are left to wonder what the reason was, that Facebook treats Slashkey with no priority service. The lines of communication going into Facebook are nonexistent.
Its like we (slashkey) have to wait in a queue and see what 'rule' was violated so that it can be rectified. Then we can get back to the game.
How do you know there were no lines of communication between the developers and FB? You also state that FB treats Slashkey with no priority service. DO YOU KNOW THIS FOR A FACT? FT knew why it was taken down last time due to a security feature that was not implemented They thought they had it fixed and it wasn't fixed all the way. Then the 1st rolls around people are paying for the farm pass boom the game is shut down again. Every other game on FB is working so where did the problem start? I was able to play the game until a half hour ago when the game reloaded on its own. So maybe they are fixing the game
Old Dec 02 2022, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Lance,
When we get any update from the developers be assured it will be posted here in the forums.

For all please do not speculate on what is going on or when Farm Town will be back. If you don't see it written by the moderators or Raul here in the forum then it is not true and only a rumor someone thought it was cute to start. This is the only place you will get the facts.
Thank you Taz

Tags
cannot load game, dotween, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, settweenscapacity, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error