Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 06 2013, 04:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiefry View Post
NOt sure why some are complaining of the update. yeah not really new stuff but hey when i was farming today and didnt have to wait for my avatar to keep up was such a HUGE thing. LOVE this part of the release. Now if i can just get my snowy mountain tops Ive been wanting for like 2 years now, Id be a happy farmer

But if i can add a negative thou, although i completely understand the protection of dummy accounts and such but Im a little confused. My daughter has an account that she no longer wants and has cash so instead of wasting it she was gonna send it to me and I guess we put it off too long since now she cant. And its over 6 months old????
That change has not been put in yet. Probably later tonight as Raul tends to work late hours.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 06 2013, 04:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
NOt sure why some are complaining of the update. yeah not really new stuff but hey when i was farming today and didnt have to wait for my avatar to keep up was such a HUGE thing. LOVE this part of the release. Now if i can just get my snowy mountain tops Ive been wanting for like 2 years now, Id be a happy farmer

But if i can add a negative thou, although i completely understand the protection of dummy accounts and such but Im a little confused. My daughter has an account that she no longer wants and has cash so instead of wasting it she was gonna send it to me and I guess we put it off too long since now she cant. And its over 6 months old????
After the change goes into affect like Taz mentioned your daughter will be able to send you her FC, cause according to the release notes it says that if an account has been active for 6 months or more than the requirement for purchasing prior FC is no longer needed and you said hers was over 6 months old, so as long as she as at least 55, 120, or 240 FC. Those are the amounts of the gift cards you can send, other than those amounts she could find tools or facilities or something that cost FC and send to you.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Nov 06 2013, 04:53 PM

Please pass on my thanks to the developers for the improved avatar performance! It is great! Looking forward to adding the 10x10 Combine to my collection.

Thank you for all of your work too!!
Old Nov 06 2013, 04:53 PM

I have played Farm Town since spring 2009. I loved this game but the FC restrictions have made me feel that this is turning into FarmVille. I really disliked that game but played it for a relative and her grandkids. She has since died and I immediately left it. I have coaxed people back to playing FT when they left because there was something they were having problems with or what have you but when it was fixed or upgraded, I told them and they played again. My hubby and I love playing together. We buy our FC and share it. With this upgrade, this will require us both to buy it. Not happy about that... I have a friend that loves to play and she is disabled and has a child with cancer....now I can't send things to her. Where's the 'good' neighbor policy that this game has always encouraged?? You put up statistics of how many people we help out...but you TAKE AWAY our ability to help in the 'true' sense??? I KNOW you aren't losing money on this game. I see too many people with many, many FC items and know that they bought it. Facebook isn't my favorite place because of privacy issues...but I have stayed because of THIS game.. I have met so many wonderful people... BUT, you may have pushed it too far with this restriction. If I want to 'give', I should have that option. (I have applauded the devs many times over but haven't you looked outside the game to see what our economy is like?)
Old Nov 06 2013, 05:00 PM

I would just wait until it is set up so you can if the account is over 6 months old.
Quote:

Old Nov 06 2013, 05:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie55 View Post
I have played Farm Town since spring 2009. I loved this game but the FC restrictions have made me feel that this is turning into FarmVille. I really disliked that game but played it for a relative and her grandkids. She has since died and I immediately left it. I have coaxed people back to playing FT when they left because there was something they were having problems with or what have you but when it was fixed or upgraded, I told them and they played again. My hubby and I love playing together. We buy our FC and share it. With this upgrade, this will require us both to buy it. Not happy about that... I have a friend that loves to play and she is disabled and has a child with cancer....now I can't send things to her. Where's the 'good' neighbor policy that this game has always encouraged?? You put up statistics of how many people we help out...but you TAKE AWAY our ability to help in the 'true' sense??? I KNOW you aren't losing money on this game. I see too many people with many, many FC items and know that they bought it. Facebook isn't my favorite place because of privacy issues...but I have stayed because of THIS game.. I have met so many wonderful people... BUT, you may have pushed it too far with this restriction. If I want to 'give', I should have that option. (I have applauded the devs many times over but haven't you looked outside the game to see what our economy is like?)
Yu have played for over 6 months. When the final change is in place then you will not have any problem sending farm cash or the tools or facilities that cost farm cash.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 06 2013, 05:06 PM
Account Not Linked

Another great update thanks. Especially like the improvements to the Avatar.
Old Nov 06 2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie55 View Post
debbi i have to agree with you. i have spent a lot of money on this game and was planing to spend more now i cant and i have sent stuff to people. i hope they change there mind on this and also i do not have fake accounts. maybe it is time to move on to something else. thanks for rest of the good stuff.
Old Nov 06 2013, 05:11 PM

Smile Hooray!

I just love the speedy new avatars! This is the best upgrade ever. I have all 20 farms and a full time job so it was getting tough to find the time to work them all every day. And it didn't cost me a cent. Thanks so much devs.
Old Nov 06 2013, 05:12 PM

I love this game and have played faithfully for many, many hours...Thanks for all your hard work Slashkey... (((HUGS)))
Keep up the GREAT work!
Closed Thread