Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 10 2012, 06:25 PM

Oh great.. the locomotive does not rotate.

Farm Town addict since May, 2010

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2282&farm_ix=0
Old Jun 10 2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Ok - I managed to buy all boxcars, get them linked up and dispatch them. Two things and then I think I'll be happy:

1. How do we see what products each car is bringing?
2. And again - now that I see the "ghost train", that's going to drive me NUTS. It wrecks the look of my farm. I agree that we need some kind of status indicator, but . . . can it either be something that only appears on mouseover and/or, can we turn off the ghost effect if we don't like it (like we can turn off the fertilized crop thing)? The only other thing I can think of is to hide it behind a bunch of trees or put it on a farm I don't care about - but it LOOKS cool - I'd hate to have to hide it.
You click on the query box at the top of each box car in the store and it tells you what products it carries.

Old Jun 10 2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Borgies View Post
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to work our neighbours farms so it isn't so time consuming....we also would then gain more products for our facilities at the same time. It seems that isn't going to happen for some time even if it ever does. Not while they are wanting to sell Train Carriages/Freight Cars to the players to gain more products. I for one will not be spending my money on these items. I will pay real money for a quick way to work my neighbours facilities though.

Like myself, I have noticed in the last few month that many of my neighbours are not playing to the same degree as they used to. Only a matter of time before I put the game on the back burner...only so much acorn squash that I will grow. Pity really...it is the only game I play after deleting and becoming bored with others.
I've been playing since the beginning and I feel the same way. It takes too long to work people's factories cause there is too many and it isn't fun. But I try to do it so that people will work mine. Lately it seems that no one wants to work anymore. I have so loved this game for so long, but its getting old and I'm tired of the updates being so much more of the same thing. I just keep hanging onto the hope that they will once again prove themselves greater than that ridiculous FarmVille. I've invested so much time and $ in this game that I used to love... it has disappointed me so much lately though. I really hate to leave it, but I feel my attachment to the game dissipating quickly.
Old Jun 10 2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
I am trying to figure out why I would want to buy a 2nd train. Only one can be dispatched at a time?
and sad to say, but I'm trying to figure out why I would want to buy any of the freight train at all

I may not have got my head around all the instructions yet, but from what I have got so far, the products that I can send my box and container cars off to get for me are things that I already have a huge supply of, and nothing that I really need to be able to send out for.

We already have a way of asking our neighbours for extra produce if we need it, via the plus sign in each facility box, and the extra produce that everyone has been begging for more of are not the ones obtainable via the freight train.

I really had a huge hope that somehow we would be able to send our freight train off to our neighbours' farms to work their facilities and bring back our share of the booty. No such luck.

very sad from my point of view ..... unless I am missing the whole point.

Old Jun 10 2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
and sad to say, but I'm trying to figure out why I would want to buy any of the freight train at all

I really had a huge hope that somehow we would be able to send our freight train off to our neighbours' farms to work their facilities and bring back our share of the booty. No such luck.

very sad from my point of view ..... unless I am missing the whole point.
Agreed! Wouldn't that have been cool. I think they really blew the train idea. It could have had so much potential to improve the game. If it worked your neighbors factories that would have been amazing!
Old Jun 10 2012, 06:39 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

On a side note, does anyone else have Guns n Roses "Night Train" stuck in their head right now?

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 10 2012, 06:40 PM

Bring on the seed and tree.
Old Jun 10 2012, 06:44 PM
Account Not Linked

Default why buy 2nd train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
I am trying to figure out why I would want to buy a 2nd train. Only one can be dispatched at a time?
I'm thinking if we/you would like to start different trains at diff times, and dont hook them all up to the same engine, maybe have 3 different farms with three diffent engine's and 1 box cars, one of each of three diff. farms.
Maybe? do ya fellow me. not three full trains, just one of each with engine, on three different farms. maybe can start them at different times if ya want. Iduno, just thinkin/typing out loud.
Old Jun 10 2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
If it helps anyone, i've now released a new chapter in the Game Guide for the freight trains

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5185334
Thanks so much Rob -

However I have a problem - I cant figure it out at all - I bought the box car for the stone windmill OK, but it wont let me buy the other two - I have the necessary facs on the same farm? What am I doing wrong/

[COLOR="rgb(46, 139, 87)"]Never mind I had some inspiration and cleared my cache etc and reloaded it works now I can buy them.[/color]

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****

Last edited by maggiel29; Jun 10 2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Added extra note
Old Jun 10 2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
On a side note, does anyone else have Guns n Roses "Night Train" stuck in their head right now?
Snap I went to Farmer Susan's farm to have a look at the 'ghost' train and straight away thought of that song

Thanks Susan

Closed Thread