Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 24 2012, 11:28 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
I do the same Jerry, not hard at all to the trees and it breaks the monotony of harvest and plow and seed, lol

I am trying to put all the trees or at least the majority of them in one farm so when I go to that farm get all the trees needed for production at one time instead of going through all the farms. And it is true that people just put trees wherever and with no pattern at all and that makes it very difficult to harvest and more difficult to know if you have missed some or not.

Well, putting all your trees on one farm may slow down the game - an chances are you will run out of space for all the trees you have....

I have all my chopping trees on farm 6 (Cork at the right, and others heading left by size). Pretty much fills that one.

For other trees, I have put them on 4 different farms - by harvest time. So all 5 day harvest trees on farm 2, 4 days on farm 3, and so on (3 on 4, 2 on 5). I again placed them from the back of the farm heading to the middle by size using both the top and right sides to make a long line of each. I increased the trees untill such time as I never run out of items. Some required only a line or so, others needed many lines of trees. For the trees not used, I added a full line and keep them in case they are ever needed.

This way all the trees on one farm are abvailable for harvest on the same day

Had just finshed rearrnaging all my trees and Cashew trees came out So put them on farm 1 for now

Check it out if you want - Senior Cornwall
Old Jun 25 2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorCornwall View Post

Well, putting all your trees on one farm may slow down the game - an chances are you will run out of space for all the trees you have....

I have all my chopping trees on farm 6 (Cork at the right, and others heading left by size). Pretty much fills that one.

For other trees, I have put them on 4 different farms - by harvest time. So all 5 day harvest trees on farm 2, 4 days on farm 3, and so on (3 on 4, 2 on 5). I again placed them from the back of the farm heading to the middle by size using both the top and right sides to make a long line of each. I increased the trees untill such time as I never run out of items. Some required only a line or so, others needed many lines of trees. For the trees not used, I added a full line and keep them in case they are ever needed.

This way all the trees on one farm are abvailable for harvest on the same day

Had just finshed rearrnaging all my trees and Cashew trees came out So put them on farm 1 for now

Check it out if you want - Senior Cornwall
I am definitely off to check out your wonderful organizing skills, Senior Cornwall!! I never have managed to come up with a sensible placement scheme, lol. Thanks for sharing and allowing us to come view!
Old Jun 25 2012, 08:41 AM

ooops, your farms are not linked, Senior Cornwall I will just try and visualize lol
Old Jun 25 2012, 09:34 AM

First...please don't close this thread yet....I think there are some issues that started with the June 1 update and perhaps the release of the trains. (Which I don't have.)

With this update, the "Plowed" was added to the fields. This really doesn't bother me, but I can SEE that my fields are plowed!
Before this update, if I harvested trees or flowers individually with the sickle or axe, the name of the tree or flower appeared, and if it was fertilized, with an (F). When I used my tree harvester, flower harvester, or log truck, the group of 32 was highlighted, but no words were there.
After this update, the groups are still highlighted, but the names now appear. Depending on where I hover, some of the trees or flowers say (F,W) but if I move the mouse just a little bit, only the name shows (still highlighted as ready) but does not show (F,W).
Since I KNOW the field is fertilized I am assuming that I am getting a double harvest, but it does make me question.
The same thing is happening after I plant a crop. Moving the cursor will either show the crop.. say Corn, but moving a little will show Corn (F,W).
None of this was happening before this update. It is a tad bothersome, since I know that I fertilized and watered (red), but then I am not sure if it is working correctly when some plots don't show correct info.
For the last week or so, every time I go to "MY NEIGHBORS" tab, every single neighbor that shows up is listed as having 0 coins 0 XP's. I have over 20 neighbors that are level 335 and are active. They are showing correctly at the bottom of my farm. And only about 1/2 of my 80 neighbors are showing under the "My Neighbors" tab.
This concern probably needs to go under the Help section for Facilities, but this is the first time this has happened. I tried to work 2 neighbors facilities a few minutes ago and their farms loaded fine, then I got the Pop-up about helping on their farm for tornadoes, water, etc. I did that request, went back to the FB feed for FT and tried 3 more times on each of these 2 neighbors. Farms loaded and then nothing. When I clicked on a facility, there was no work tab. They had both posted for facilities and service facilities and I tried both request for both neighbors. No luck.
I haven't tried to work facilities for anyone since last week, and I just wondered if "fixing" the ? in the box for non-ingredients might have caused some other problems?
I will ask if this is a FT issue, FaceBook, me?? or a combination of all 3?
Thanks for any help.
Deborah
Old Jun 25 2012, 10:20 AM

First of all.... I like most stuff that you've put out.
Secondly.... I was mad after I've bought the freight train locomotive, and realized that I only can use cash to buy the cargo carts that are productive. The other ones that were of coins value had no produce in them. I'M GREATLY DISAPPOINTED THAT YOU DON'T PUT AND PRODUCE INTO THE COINS CARGO CARTS!!!! I GOT MAD AND DELETED MY TRAIN TRACKS IN MY FARM 14, i'VE ALSO SOLD ALL MY TRAINS AS WELL!!!!! I WILL NOT BUY ANY TRAINS, OR FREIGHT TRAINS OR PUT ANY TRAIN TRACKS FOR MY FARMS FOR ANY FREIGHT TRAINS. I WILL NOT BUY THEM IF THEY'RE ONLY AVAILABLE IN CASH!!!! ENOUGH OF THAT!!!!

Sandie Angel
Old Jun 25 2012, 11:48 AM

is this something new when i just went to my farm i got a message saying would you like to reserve farms in your town for your friends and add them as your neighbours
Old Jun 25 2012, 11:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
is this something new when i just went to my farm i got a message saying would you like to reserve farms in your town for your friends and add them as your neighbours
Was it an in game message or one of the pop up messages from the game? If it was an in game message then it was a hoax. Farm Town does not use the in game messages to contact us.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 25 2012, 12:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I would like to comment about the problems some people are having with their farms, mainly not being able to open quests, or facility manager, going to each farm, saving, saving, saving, etc. My husband & I both farm and starting today he is having the problems mentioned and worse, he can't harvest, seed, anything for himself or on my farms, now the kicker is that my farms are working fine! Using the same computer, one farm works, the other doesn't. Of course I did all the standard fixits, cache, modem, etc., and still his farm is stuck in quicksand. The only difference between his farm & mine is that he is on W8 and he has the trains and I am on W10 and don't have the trains. So is this the trains causing all the problems some people are having?

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 25 2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Was it an in game message or one of the pop up messages from the game? If it was an in game message then it was a hoax. Farm Town does not use the in game messages to contact us.
it was a pop up messages the kind you get when you first sign in the day
Old Jun 25 2012, 12:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
it was a pop up messages the kind you get when you first sign in the day
Maybe they are trying to have you to try getting your friends to play that don't already.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread