Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 27 2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLouW View Post
I've been playing FT for about 2 months now and find it to be highly addictive! I love to harvest and plow and I find the very best times to get hired are the wee hours of the morning (Pacific time) - like between 3-5am. I haven't had a single problem getting hired. I've reached level 80 and have my third farm and a ton of money and it took a whole lot of jobs to get it all.

If someone is obviously working in a given area, I dont' go near them.. let them finish what they started. But, I too have noticed that as of late, people tend to leave 5-8 unplowed plots or a group unharvested crops or trees. I end up doing them myself. They don't check before they leave to make sure it's done.

One farm I plowed, I no more than got there when he wanted to put me in his buddy list. He said if I should get booted out, I could get back to him via the buddy list and be rehired. I thought that was a rather nice idea.

I would really like to see the levels of people before I hire. I'd like to give some of the newer ones the same opportunities that some people gave me but it seems that everyone I hire is 76-80. I don't care if they're fast or slow as long as they are not rude. One lady told me to get the he-double L out of there and that she was going to do the whole job by herself. Well... it sort of hit me the wrong way and I reminded her that I too was hired and that I intended to stay. Will have to say, she later apologized and said she was having a bad hair day.

I've some people plow faster than I can blink my eyes. How do they do that? Is there a special gaming joy stick or mouse? I can't imagine any mouse holding up very long under someone clicking that fast.

Bottom line, it's a fun game but harder than heck to get neighbors so you can get gifts and such.
Re the few plots appearing to be left unplowed or unharvested ..... I farm with neighbours and friends and we find that what appears to be left behind on one farm will be perfectly done on the other. It is usually not that they don't check before leaving, but that it appears to be completely finished on their screen. Usually if I refresh the screen those errant fields are cleared with the reload of the game.
Old Apr 27 2010, 06:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Re the few plots appearing to be left unplowed or unharvested ..... I farm with neighbours and friends and we find that what appears to be left behind on one farm will be perfectly done on the other. It is usually not that they don't check before leaving, but that it appears to be completely finished on their screen. Usually if I refresh the screen those errant fields are cleared with the reload of the game.
I think what is happening here is the few seconds it takes to load the farm when you enter it the other person has clicked on a few fields but the game doesn't see it on your end. If you reload all will be fine though, I just wait till they are through doing what ever then reload and see if they missed any and like you most of the time they didn't.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 27 2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Thank you again!!! I guess I'll just have to learn to click faster!! I do have a wireless mouse for my laptop - maybe I need to feed it a better brand of cheese!

I appreciate the answers to some of my dumb questions! As a rule, there are others who have the same questions but are too shy to ask. Shyness has never been a habit of mine.
LOL - Love it - make some special super mouse cheese in your dairy facility.
Old Apr 27 2010, 06:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
It really ticks me when people are rude when harvesting or plowing and one person keeps jumping in front of others to grab what they can. When I am working on someone's farm and a rude person does that to me, I make sure they know I felt it was rude, I also note their name, and I make darn sure I never hire that person.

A lot of people plant their farm in little squares. If someone is working in that square, the other workers should just back off and let that person finish the square. Everyone isn't a speed demon and it's unfair for those that are to jump in that square and grab the half a dozen squares that are left.

There.. now I've got that off my chest, I think I'll go find a plowing job!!
I agree that ppl should take a part of the farm and leave enough for some one else, but that would only be a fantasy.
When you hire more than 1 person to work on the same farm, you are in essence encouraging them to race.
No one makes much money if they arent by themselves, and we all know how crappy this game's server is. The more workers on the same farm - the better chance the server will time out on someone.
If your'e tin that big of a hurry to have the work done, then why play the game?
This is why I no longer bother with the market place to find jobs anymore.
No one knows how to hire 1 at a time, and its like 4 workers will make like 50 bucks instead of 1 worker actually getting some decent money for spending his time working...
Who has any kind of incentive to care one way or another if they act accordingly while working on your farm if you dont care if they make any money or not?
Old May 02 2010, 11:29 PM

I hire one person at a time to harvest and they even get my other farms. even then they don't finish or if they think it's a low paying crop they leave before i have a chance to tell them I have another farm. I don't hire to plow since I am trying to level up and don't have the time to go to the market place to hire myself out, but since I only hire one person at a time I think it's a fari exchange. i see that with the facilities it doesn't matter if I hire someone to harvest or not, so my incentive now is to plant ingredient crops and free myself of the market place altogether. Sorry if this sounds harsh but I've been playing this game nearly a year and have gotten tired of the pettiness and rudeness in the market place.
Old May 02 2010, 11:55 PM

I don't mind working with one other person and for the most part, I find they are pretty decent people. But every now and then, you DO run across those jerks that want to show off.

This happened a few nights ago, there were two of us harvesting with the option to plow. There were lots of different kinds of crops, all planted in nice straight little rows. So, I started going systematically down the row of one of the least profitable crops and leaving the better stuff for the other person.

Well, that other person must have been on something because he/she was bouncing all over the placed harvesting whatever was in the way. There were little empty squares all over the place. That was okay until they got in my row and I let that person know I thought he/she was very rude. I think I got my point across because he/she apologized very nicely and said to leave all the plowing for me.. then left. I sometimes wonder if they don't know that's rude?

As a rule, I too hire one person at a time, however, this morning I had a huge amount of harvesting and the person I hired was incredible slow. Methodical, but slow. It would have taken half an hour to finish harvesting and plowing so I did bring in a second person. I could not get the first person t hide trees either and there were lots of crops hidden.

On that screen that comes up when you go to the market place - you can just close it and not have to pick an option from the menu. I would like to see that changed so those who are hiring would have to click that option and they would not show up in the market place. I go through half a dozen people who aren't there to be hired, but there to hire. Not having them in there would save a lot of frustration.
Old May 03 2010, 12:18 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Hazel View Post
I don't hire to plow since I am trying to level up and don't have the time to go to the market place to hire myself out, but since I only hire one person at a time I think it's a fari exchange.

If you hire people to plow your farm you still get the xps as if you plowed it yourself. Both the employee and the employer gets 1 xp per field plowed. It also saves you 5 or 10 coins depending on if you have someone from the MP plow or hire a neighbor to plow.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old May 03 2010, 12:25 AM

How or when do you start getting fish in your lakes and/or river?
Old May 03 2010, 12:33 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
I don't mind working with one other person and for the most part, I find they are pretty decent people. But every now and then, you DO run across those jerks that want to show off.

This happened a few nights ago, there were two of us harvesting with the option to plow. There were lots of different kinds of crops, all planted in nice straight little rows. So, I started going systematically down the row of one of the least profitable crops and leaving the better stuff for the other person.

Well, that other person must have been on something because he/she was bouncing all over the placed harvesting whatever was in the way. There were little empty squares all over the place. That was okay until they got in my row and I let that person know I thought he/she was very rude. I think I got my point across because he/she apologized very nicely and said to leave all the plowing for me.. then left. I sometimes wonder if they don't know that's rude?

As a rule, I too hire one person at a time, however, this morning I had a huge amount of harvesting and the person I hired was incredible slow. Methodical, but slow. It would have taken half an hour to finish harvesting and plowing so I did bring in a second person. I could not get the first person t hide trees either and there were lots of crops hidden.

On that screen that comes up when you go to the market place - you can just close it and not have to pick an option from the menu. I would like to see that changed so those who are hiring would have to click that option and they would not show up in the market place. I go through half a dozen people who aren't there to be hired, but there to hire. Not having them in there would save a lot of frustration.
I have two particular neighbours - both from the same country - who have told me that their 'scattergun' approach to harvesting and plowing is a deliberate ploy which makes many fellow workers leave the farm and thereby leaving the whole farm for them to work on by themselves. When I mentioned to them that I felt it was very rude, they explained that to them it is a legitimate 'game tactic'. Needless to say they don't do it to me anymore, but I know that they both still do it.
Old May 03 2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beermasterg View Post
How or when do you start getting fish in your lakes and/or river?
Hi there. They are already there. Just start clickin away