Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 15 2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdoe View Post
I appreciated your thoughts and reasoning. I thought long and hard about this idea that why I also suggested 2 Levels.. for players like you that want to keep playing the game as you are... the second layer are for players that need more stimulation.

There many parts of the game many players don't like - introduction of alcohol and naming of drinks (Sex on the beach) belt system etc but players still play on.

My suggestion and idea is giving each player the option without restricting each other.
theres a Idea "Farm Town 2"

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Jun 15 2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
What I have suggested in the past and I think could be good for the game is some different kinds of fertilizer for the farm. They would cost fc but there would be other ways of getting them, more on that in a minute. What the fertilizers could do is this.

1. Take time off of growing anywhere from 1 hour to instant growth.
  2. Unspoil on a crop that way if you miss getting a crop you could bring it back to life. I don't know if this is possible but it would only work for the top layer if a farm is layered.
  3. Add a percent of mastery for the belt system, though as easy as the belts are this wouldn't be much help to older players.
How it could work is this the fertilizer cost fc that way people are not using tons of it or if they are they are spending real money or doing offers to get it that way the devs make some money off of it. Other ways to get is is to redo the lottery system and change it to a rewards system where you get the following depending on the day in a row you play.

1. Day one you get coins.
  2. Day two you get 1000 of a crop that is needed a lot like rice, wheat, potatoes, or corn but not limited to those options.
  3. Day three you get another 1000 crops like before.
  4. Day four you get 500 of a cash fish like cod, salmon, or lobster to use in facilities.
  5. Day five you get an ingredient that is needed a lot like cheese, canned tuna, or something that is used in other facilities, fuel could be an option here as well.
  6. Day six you get one of the special fertilizers to use in the farm and could send 1 to six different neighbors.
  7. Day seven you get 1 fc.
This would let people get a break form unexpected stuff coming up but at the same time not let it be common place because you buy it with coins. It could also help when you have a new facility come out that uses a longer term crop like we had with the last facility you don't have to wait 3 or more days to get the crop you need for the new facility. I think it could also help keep players because they would get a little free fc not so much that it will negate buying it but there is that added reward for not skipping a day playing the game.
i have already suggested directly to the devs

a super manure spreader

requires stables and horses aswell as the pig manure as we do now but has a yield of 4x instead of the current 2x

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Jun 15 2011, 11:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdoe View Post
Jason.. I can see you put some effort into this idea.

I for one dont like it because it is to easy to get things for no or little effort.
If you short of crops then go and buy some.. or organise yourself and sow what most important to you. I dont know how you can be short of crops with all the freebies you can get from the belt system.. I have so much that I go to empty my stocks by going to the Sellers market. Unfortunately not many visit there anymore because they can get all they need from all the freebies

If you short work your fiends facilities. I do it to top up my stocks or ask them to send back to you.

Your ideas makes it to easy so why play the game.. and sorry if your crop dies its dead.. then nothing should bring them back a life.. not even a magic potion.
First my name is not Jason.

Second I never have luck buying stuff in the market never anyone there selling stuff you need.

Third some crops take over 7,000 to max out all the facilities and hard to keep up with that many crops.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 15 2011, 11:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
First my name is not Jason.

Second I never have luck buying stuff in the market never anyone there selling stuff you need.

Third some crops take over 7,000 to max out all the facilities and hard to keep up with that many crops.

Sorry Jas.. please dont take it so personally..

I said it before I believe that the sell and buy market is failing for 2 reason The belt system are getting product which is sometimes greater than the limit at the market and its free

Another reason is that the time limit and quantity we allowed to trade. Delv have not realised not everyone on the same time zone. When I play farmtown.. most of my Aussies friends are at work The USA friends are asleep and Euro is just waking up.. When I go to the market I be lucky to see 3 people.

The only crop I used to have problems with was wheat .. but I now on top of it because I ensure that there are two farms out of 9 farms are growing wheat at one time.. I have more then enough now that I was trying to sell the access at the market.. but no luck as there is no one to buy...

I wish we had trading centre warehouse where we can post what we selling and others can purchase while we not there.. I even pay cash to have this ability.
Old Jun 16 2011, 07:44 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
What I have suggested in the past and I think could be good for the game is some different kinds of fertilizer for the farm. They would cost fc but there would be other ways of getting them, more on that in a minute. What the fertilizers could do is this.

1. Take time off of growing anywhere from 1 hour to instant growth.
  2. Unspoil on a crop that way if you miss getting a crop you could bring it back to life. I don't know if this is possible but it would only work for the top layer if a farm is layered.
  3. Add a percent of mastery for the belt system, though as easy as the belts are this wouldn't be much help to older players.
How it could work is this the fertilizer cost fc that way people are not using tons of it or if they are they are spending real money or doing offers to get it that way the devs make some money off of it. Other ways to get is is to redo the lottery system and change it to a rewards system where you get the following depending on the day in a row you play.

1. Day one you get coins.
  2. Day two you get 1000 of a crop that is needed a lot like rice, wheat, potatoes, or corn but not limited to those options.
  3. Day three you get another 1000 crops like before.
  4. Day four you get 500 of a cash fish like cod, salmon, or lobster to use in facilities.
  5. Day five you get an ingredient that is needed a lot like cheese, canned tuna, or something that is used in other facilities, fuel could be an option here as well.
  6. Day six you get one of the special fertilizers to use in the farm and could send 1 to six different neighbors.
  7. Day seven you get 1 fc.
This would let people get a break form unexpected stuff coming up but at the same time not let it be common place because you buy it with coins. It could also help when you have a new facility come out that uses a longer term crop like we had with the last facility you don't have to wait 3 or more days to get the crop you need for the new facility. I think it could also help keep players because they would get a little free fc not so much that it will negate buying it but there is that added reward for not skipping a day playing the game.
Sorry to disagree but I think to charge FC for something like this would cause such a virtual riot on here. I believe the Devs could get away with releasing a premium item that would hasten the crop to harvest, or unwither crops, but to do on a "per use" scheme really would be nothing short of FT murder!! Much of what you have described is way too similiar to FV and much of what people hated about that game.. so why bring it in to FT? Just my thoughts though!
Old Jun 16 2011, 08:02 AM

Here's an idea to make the devs tear out their hair...... levels of difficulty.

Stage I - about the same when we started and all one could do was plant, harvest, plow, repeat, gather animals, create a farm. (I bet newbies are overwhelmed by seeing all at once what it took years for the rest of us to get.)

Stage II - Facilities and tools become available

Stage III - Once a player is way up there, the time has come for the player to decide: add weather and other menaces (pay taxes - lose 50,000 coins per farm), more risk, more reward, more difficult levels. Or play as we have been, no risk, no waking up to ruin. Opportunity to switch for a change offered perhaps on a monthly basis.

I recall when I started playing trying so hard to advance because some items became available at higher levels. This aspect could be added back in by offering paths of the game.

I am NOT a programmer - I don't know how ridiculous this is, but I offer it. Happy farming!
Old Jun 16 2011, 08:08 AM

Send a message via ICQ to gailpinder
Default Farm 10

Does anyone have any idea when Farm # 10 will be released??? I am more than ready!
Old Jun 16 2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailpinder View Post
Does anyone have any idea when Farm # 10 will be released??? I am more than ready!
Hi, only the Developers know.
Old Jun 16 2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailpinder View Post

The Guess-When-Farm-#10-Is-Released opinion game is now officially begun....

I guess this Friday nite.... more levels and #10 just in time for Farmer-Father's day

Old Jun 16 2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
i just do not want to see this game become like farm ville where you can unwither your crops that is one reason i stop playing that game.
It would not be terrible to be able to freeze a crop. Not everyone has a lifestyle that allows for all day playtime, or even regular playtime. I am only suggesting a solution that will help keep people playing.

There are other options to freezing. How about we pay different amounts to allow any crop that is less than 1 day to mature to be any time frame. If it costs 15 coins to plant a square of raspberries with a 2 hour grow time, how about 45 coins to extend the time to 4 hours, 80 coins to extend to 8 hours, and so forth.

I do not believe that unwithering a crop should be allowed, and that is why I made the suggestion to allow special seeds with a temporary freeze feature. Farmville, as well as all the other 'ville games suck. You can't do anything without having to get your friends involved. At least with Farmtown, you can choose to invite your friends to work in your facilities, but it isn't necessary.
Closed Thread