Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 16 2011, 12:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahra01 View Post
Sorry to disagree but I think to charge FC for something like this would cause such a virtual riot on here. I believe the Devs could get away with releasing a premium item that would hasten the crop to harvest, or unwither crops, but to do on a "per use" scheme really would be nothing short of FT murder!! Much of what you have described is way too similiar to FV and much of what people hated about that game.. so why bring it in to FT? Just my thoughts though!
In my opinion people shouldn't be able to regularly reduce the time crops grow or unwither them it should be done only when really needed. Having it cost fc makes it to where people can't get those options without spending money on the game and means they will not be using it that often because they will want to save it for when they really need it. Making it cost coins means people would buy the special fertilizers and plant and harvest all day long even if you make the fertilizers cost a lot of coins that means nothing, just look at the land cost that has not slowed down people one bit. Also in my suggestion there are ways to get the special fertilizers without spending fc so people will still get some to use when it is really needed but they will not have unlimited supplies of them so they can go in and grow 50,000 of all the crops in a day or two. That would completely change the dynamics of the game.

On the being too much like fv, ft and fv are both farming games there are going to be similarities between the two games no matter what you do. There is no way of saying that well fv has this so don't bring it to ft, if that was the case tons of stuff would not have been added to this game because fv had them first. Everything people have asked for that was like fv (except the belts) others have said the same as you no that is to much like fv don't do it. When the developers added it it was done in a much better way then fv and the players have loved the addition to this game. Why add it to ft because a lot of people have asked for it that is why. Again you can not look at how fv does something and say no I don't want that in this game because the devs will do it differently and because you can't make everything that fv has off limits in this game. To do that would kill this game.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 16 2011, 12:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
i have already suggested directly to the devs

a super manure spreader

requires stables and horses aswell as the pig manure as we do now but has a yield of 4x instead of the current 2x
The problem with this suggestion is first we need horses added to the game.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Jun 16 2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
The problem with this suggestion is first we need horses added to the game.
We already have horses
Old Jun 16 2011, 01:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo1960 View Post
We already have horses

We have an animal that is called a horse but it doesn't look like any horse I have ever seen.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Jun 16 2011, 01:15 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
I know people complained about belt posts every 3 hours and the crop limit not being enough but honestly this 12 hour limit on the ingredients and belts is driving me and my neighbours nuts. Who is around for the other 12 hour time on the clock! Basically this now means we get one stab at it every day!
And the 1000 items per 12 hours on the buying/selling is not enough - the market place is full of sellers because we have all maxed out on our limits!
I absolutely agree with you! I thought the whole idea of changing things was to lower the number of posts on our walls because people were complaining, BUT instead we get a whole lot of posts that we cannot click! If someone actually gets a chance to post twice per day, we can get up to 20 posts from that person, BUT we can ONLY CLICK 4 of those posts at the very most. It makes no sense that the number of posts was increased and the number of times we can click was decreased. I understand that the bonus posts are temporary but the ingredients posts aren't so it would be really nice for it to be changed back to 3 hours. I'd like to help my friends more than once with ingredients and it helps me, too. I was doing a lot better being able to fill my factories when the ingredients were every 3 hours. Now it's impossible and FRUSTRATING!

I also agree about the 1000 items buy limit needing to be increased or possibly just change the time on that too. It would be nice to be able to help my friends out with more than 1000 items or to be able to sell to them again in a few hours.

Basically as you said with a 12 hour limit we only get one shot.
Old Jun 16 2011, 01:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdoe View Post
I suggested a year or two before, before we have a mega updates for facilities and only had farms to make this Farmtown more realistic.

My suggestion was to add weather to the game (random of course because this will increase the need to buy and sell as some farms may have bad weather for few weeks ) We would have a daily forcast weather report for the next 7 day and depending on the weather if you could seed or harvest.

The weather report could be either symbols under the fuel tank icon or in preferences.

Eg If you sow one day and your crop is due when heavy rain is forecast that you only receive 75% of crop. or if you seed say a 3 day crop and the next 3 days is sunny that your crop yield increases to 130%

And if you get a weather report of a hurricane that any crops needing on that day will suffer loss of their crop.. but you can still sow and plow on that day.

That would make Farmtown more challenging.

here are some other ideas eg.

Cold snap - Fruit Trees 20% loss of harvest
Heavy Rain - loss of 25% of harvest
heat wave - Certain crops loss of 25% - cucumbers, squash - plants that affect by heat
Hurricane / tornado (rarely) - loss of crop or up to 50%
Snow - depending of the crop - loss of crop or up to 50%
Sunny Days - for crops 2 days or more increase harvest by 10% per day.

programing would not be hard - if then statement
yield =harvest yield x type of harvest divide or multiply weather factor.

I feel this would make the game more interesting and could to lead to other ideas. ( I have many more if this was to happen)

Also Farm town should have two levels..for this to happen
Level 1 farms to continue playing the game as they are now
Level 2 (more experience players) for the farmers that want the real experience - reward would be maybe double - Farmtown cash for each level . greater exp points etc.
i don't like this idea either ..... just saying ....
Old Jun 16 2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post

We have an animal that is called a horse but it doesn't look like any horse I have ever seen.
Same can be said about the Cows, but then it is only a game
Old Jun 16 2011, 05:12 PM

omg just bring on the release already .....the complaining about the same stuff is getting old they need new stuff to complain about plzzzzzz
Old Jun 16 2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischellesteelersfan View Post
omg just bring on the release already .....the complaining about the same stuff is getting old they need new stuff to complain about plzzzzzz
I 2nd that!
Over 7.5 Billion coins
Avid Farmer since September 17,2009
Farm Town Addict!
Old Jun 16 2011, 05:22 PM

Yeap, that is for sure Mischellesteelersfan. Getting close I think. I hope we get a 5x5 dozer this time.
Closed Thread