Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 01 2014, 11:28 PM
Account Not Linked

To add to what she just said..it is better for the employee that you are not on the farm,as that makes it lag.I always go offline mode when I hire,and my neighbors all have said they do notice the difference.
Old May 02 2014, 12:34 AM
Account Not Linked

speaking of lag and employees, if you hire 2 people for different jobs on different farms, do they lag each other out? i kinda think not but idk for sure. i know they lag me out when i'm trying to do something else so i go offline.
Old May 02 2014, 10:20 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

most times when i work out of the market if more than 1 is hired for the job, if you start out on the same farm the other 1 likes to hop skip around the field making a mess, they think by doing that you will stay & finish they go on to the next farm to have it all by them selves, or they are scared they wont get enough and try to louse you up on what you are doing, when this happens i generally leave & send a not to whom i was working for explaining to them why i left
Old Jun 17 2014, 11:47 PM

It is so frustrating to be hired to harvest and plow 16 farms and then have to click on every farm to find the two farms (farms 3 and 16) that had any H/P work to do on them.The other 14 farms all had crops that weren't ready to be harvested yet. I know I wasn't hired to do anything other than h/p because my combine was the only tool I had access to. This just happened to me a few minutes ago for the 100th time. I don't know if people are doing this on purpose or just not paying attention to what they are doing when they hire but it is annoying and frustrating and a waste of time to have to go through every farm you have to find the ones you want me to work.

Last edited by ccheney; Jun 18 2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old Jun 24 2014, 04:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Letting others use your tools and fuel sounds great on the surface. But it has turned hiring people into a horror. People with 3 x 3's are lying about what they have. I hire someone and they go to my farm. While at the market I usually take a job. When I get back to my farm, hardly anything is done. I've gone back to hire someone 3 times and still got screwed. I ask specifically for someone with Large tools. One person said dhe had all large tools. When she got through the 1st farm, she asked if she could use my tools AND fuel. I refused and reminded her that she said she had everything. She copped an attitude with me. Bad idea! What's the advantage to me to let them use my tools and my fuel? And the comment in one of the first posts in this thread, by Taz that the incentive for people to buy large tools was so they can use them on their own farms. Really? How about they just hire someone to do it? I'm thinking your revenue is going to start dropping.
Old Jun 24 2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackonLI View Post
Letting others use your tools and fuel sounds great on the surface. But it has turned hiring people into a horror. People with 3 x 3's are lying about what they have. I hire someone and they go to my farm. While at the market I usually take a job. When I get back to my farm, hardly anything is done. I've gone back to hire someone 3 times and still got screwed. I ask specifically for someone with Large tools. One person said dhe had all large tools. When she got through the 1st farm, she asked if she could use my tools AND fuel. I refused and reminded her that she said she had everything. She copped an attitude with me. Bad idea! What's the advantage to me to let them use my tools and my fuel? And the comment in one of the first posts in this thread, by Taz that the incentive for people to buy large tools was so they can use them on their own farms. Really? How about they just hire someone to do it? I'm thinking your revenue is going to start dropping.
The advantage to me, is that my farms are all getting done by the people I hire in the market. I had stopped hiring from the market and started doing all my own work...then the devs made it so we could share our tools and fuel. This has turned out to be the best thing since sliced bread! I am hiring in the market everyday now and no one is turning down the work-including FISHING! My tools are more valuable to me now that I can share them with the people I hire. You can nitpick about not sharing the tools you paid hard cold cash for, and I will share tools and fuel and get all my work done with no headaches.
Old Jun 24 2014, 04:50 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
To add to what Dutch said....if I have fuel and the tools...and I hire others to do the work on my farms...what good are my tools and fuels if I do not let the workers use them?I am so confused as to why you WOULDN'T let others use them.
Old Jun 25 2014, 02:45 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosyou? View Post
To add to what Dutch said....if I have fuel and the tools...and I hire others to do the work on my farms...what good are my tools and fuels if I do not let the workers use them?I am so confused as to why you WOULDN'T let others use them.
well said.

also, if you hire someone with fuel, but not quite enough fuel for your big job, then they can finish and you don't have to spend another 10 minutes going to the market and finding someone else to hire.

i don't think they're going to lose money on this idea at all. after using other people's big combines, i got spoiled and never wanted to have to use a 5x5 again and bought 500fc to upgrade everything to 8x8.

there's so many facilities, tools, and toys (green hand) for people to buy that a new person is really at a disadvantage.

i started playing my daughter's farm and it's taken me to lvl 400 to get 6x6 seeder, combine, fuel and 8x4 shake. and i didn't make any mistakes like my friend who didn't know about the Need Neighbors thread here who used FC to unlock farm 3 and the newbie i saw the other day (lvl 40ish) who had a Flower Shop on 1 of her 2 farms and about 100 flowers in the corner.

if we want new people to keep playing the game, we have to make it a little easier on them than hiring them with their 1x1s.
Old Jun 25 2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Letting others use your tools and fuel sounds great on the surface. But it has turned hiring people into a horror. People with 3 x 3's are lying about what they have. I hire someone and they go to my farm. While at the market I usually take a job. When I get back to my farm, hardly anything is done. I've gone back to hire someone 3 times and still got screwed. I ask specifically for someone with Large tools. One person said she had all large tools. When she got through the 1st farm, she asked if she could use my tools AND fuel. I refused and reminded her that she said she had everything. She copped an attitude with me. Bad idea! What's the advantage to me to let them use my tools and my fuel? And the comment in one of the first posts in this thread, by Taz that the incentive for people to buy large tools was so they can use them on their own farms. Really? How about they just hire someone to do it? I'm thinking your revenue is going to start dropping.
People say they have the large tools because people like you won't hire them otherwise. They could be new players who don't have enough FC to buy them. Maybe they can't afford to buy FC to buy tools with them. The earn free FC offers aren't worth the trouble.
Old Jun 26 2014, 06:00 AM

being able to hire someone and let them use your tools can work to your advantage it means you dont have to worry if they have the big tools or not before you were able to do that I would ask in the market place if anyone had large tools as I had several farms like 20 or so to harvest and plow the number of times people woudl say ooh me you go to hire them only to fin dhtem doing one plot at a time!!!!

it also means they can get a lot of experience in one go.

I havent int eh last few weeks let people use my fuel as I like to save that for my own sowing