Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 06 2017, 03:19 AM

I personally love the ships. As a result of the ships, I have had to get a whole lot of new and active neighbours, which has also been wonderful as I love meeting new people. I have removed all the inactive players, and replaced them with new ones.

Something everyone needs to remember though is that we all live in the real world where we have responsibilities. I cannot be on FT 24 hours a day, and I respect that my neigbours cant either. I load my containers on the week end and at night when I am home and have the time, and I check in on them now and again. I will go mad if I have to sit and obsess where the ships are. Similarly, I move the ships in my port when I log on. I cant obsess about ships in my port.

The ships are a lovely extra, especially since they don't cost real money and it pains me when I read all the rude posts.
Old Jan 06 2017, 03:44 AM

I love the ships too, they are a great addition to the game. People just need to remember that we do need to sleep so a wait of 7 or 8 hours (or even 12 hours) is not unreasonable. I confess to checking FT first thing in the morning, before breakfast, drink my tomato juice while I check my quests, co-op quests and now my ships Also last thing at night, must be an addict.....But real life does come before a game, lol. It is really good that we can "skip port" especially when we get a "port unknown" or know that a neighbour is not interested. Can't understand why some players are so negative, they need to chill out and enjoy the game for what it is and be grateful to have it.
Old Jan 06 2017, 04:31 AM

Hi, I have a question while we are waiting for the new release of the ships: is there a temporary trick or workaround to opt out of the ships at this moment? I do not intend to get rid of my neighbours, just wanted to know if there is a workaround. I already put a message on my timeline asking my FT-friends to skip my farm. But nobody saw it I think :-(
Old Jan 06 2017, 04:39 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmarina View Post
Hi, I have a question while we are waiting for the new release of the ships: is there a temporary trick or workaround to opt out of the ships at this moment? I do not intend to get rid of my neighbours, just wanted to know if there is a workaround. I already put a message on my timeline asking my FT-friends to skip my farm. But nobody saw it I think :-(
Hi Palmarina

It's up to your friends and neighbours to skip your port if they feel their Ships have been waiting for too long. and once the new ability to swap some neighbours around is introduced, am sure some will remove you from their itinerary and add someone else if they have had to skip you repeatedly. Each container you fill in your Seaport Manager when you are playing and able to help out, earns you 500 coins. There have been several suggestions of means of opting out but nothing has been said by the Developpers so far.
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)
Old Jan 06 2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy559 View Post
I personally love the ships. As a result of the ships, I have had to get a whole lot of new and active neighbours, which has also been wonderful as I love meeting new people. I have removed all the inactive players, and replaced them with new ones.

Something everyone needs to remember though is that we all live in the real world where we have responsibilities. I cannot be on FT 24 hours a day, and I respect that my neigbours cant either. I load my containers on the week end and at night when I am home and have the time, and I check in on them now and again. I will go mad if I have to sit and obsess where the ships are. Similarly, I move the ships in my port when I log on. I cant obsess about ships in my port.

The ships are a lovely extra, especially since they don't cost real money and it pains me when I read all the rude posts.
Yep. Definitely psychologically sturdy. To be able to say, "This is how I'm going to do it and I can't worry about the rest." Awesome.

I don't like the rude posts either. Definitely NOT psychologically sturdy folks! But still a bummer to see. I haven't gotten any of those actually. I suspect I have a pretty nice group of neighbors. But I've read posts others have gotten and they've been pretty hurtful. Frankly? If I got a post like that unless it was someone I really liked and that I knew was overly stressed in their real life so that I was able to cut them some slack, I'd probably manage to lose them as a neighbor. I just don't want to be treated that way. Nope, I don't.

I also liked your comments about making new friends and clearing out inactive players. I've thought that's been a neat thing the ships have done, too. I'm seeing the benefits in other aspects of the game as well.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 06 2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftjill View Post
The best part for me is all the discussion - hours of entertainment.
I KNOW!!!!! Coming to the Forum and checking the new posts that have come in about the ships has become part of my routine and I love it, too. I've got to get back to my "real life" eventually but it's been wonderful to sort of immerse myself in Farmtown the past few weeks - including being more active in the Forum.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 06 2017, 12:16 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Wonderful Neighbors

I believe that most people who play this game are wonderful people and only a few have stressed out about the ships. Rather than looking at the few, I choose to look at all my wonderful neighbors who have been calm and not gotten upset.
Old Jan 06 2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1323 View Post
I believe that most people who play this game are wonderful people and only a few have stressed out about the ships. Rather than looking at the few, I choose to look at all my wonderful neighbors who have been calm and not gotten upset.
A-yup.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 06 2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbonet View Post
Actually, if you go to your friends farm and look at their ships logbook, you can see if it's scheduled to come to you.
Where do you find the ships logbook on your neighbours farm? Looked but can't find it.
Old Jan 06 2017, 05:38 PM

Default Friends and Ports

Is there a way to pick the friends you want your ships to go to? Friends you KNOW are working ports. Half the names on my list I do not know and I have to do a LOT of skips.

I do not get friends at my ports. I also do not see my name on my list as suggested by someone. That again goes to the first question.

I am not sending out any more ships until resolved.