Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 02 2023, 08:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
I've had cargo ships now for years, and generally remember to reuse previous itinerary. Once in a while I forget and find an arbitrary itinerary and then work to reset it as I wish.
However, the past few days, I have opened my ships (One per acct) to find the itineraries changed, as if I never set for reuse, on BOTH accounts. Some reliable ports I can't find any more, so I have to hope my new selection will be so, esp on the back end.
Thing is, has there been any glitches with the ships that would reset the itinerary AFTER I have selected reuse last itinerary when I sent them out? Two mornings in a row I have opened a ships (on both accounts) waiting to be prepped to find the reuse itinerary from the previous launch NOT there.
I really hope I am not becoming THAT badly absentminded!!
Hi Riap,
No there haven't been any glitches with cargo ships that we know of. I always check mine after loading all the containers before I dispatch it because I have forgotten a couple times.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 02 2023, 08:43 PM

I hope I haven't been forgetting that much LOL
I double and triple checked this eve.
Tomorrow I hope all will be well and the previous itinerary will be there.
I do recall reading, something I never experienced before, a while back, that if you unload a ship before you start prep or after, or something like that, that it will over write your "Previous itinerary". Is there any truth to that? And if so, what should I do to avoid such rewriting my itinerary?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Riap,
No there haven't been any glitches with cargo ships that we know of. I always check mine after loading all the containers before I dispatch it because I have forgotten a couple times.
Old Jun 02 2023, 08:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I hope I haven't been forgetting that much LOL
I double and triple checked this eve.
Tomorrow I hope all will be well and the previous itinerary will be there.
I do recall reading, something I never experienced before, a while back, that if you unload a ship before you start prep or after, or something like that, that it will over write your "Previous itinerary". Is there any truth to that? And if so, what should I do to avoid such rewriting my itinerary?
Hi Riap,
Yes you need to have at least 1 ship still out (not unloaded) so it has an itinerary to reuse.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 02 2023, 09:08 PM

Thanks! Yes, I do have ships out, though I did, somehow on one of them, did not send out in time. Came in that morning and it said the ship was not sent in the 24 hr period, which has happened before, if I click dispatch and it doesn't go, and I don't notice it failed to launch. With all the mixed up itineraries out there now I have to watch carefully for a few days, but can missing the 24 hr time frame mess it up too?
Quote:
Hi Riap,
Yes you need to have at least 1 ship still out (not unloaded) so it has an itinerary to reuse.
Old Jun 02 2023, 09:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks! Yes, I do have ships out, though I did, somehow on one of them, did not send out in time. Came in that morning and it said the ship was not sent in the 24 hr period, which has happened before, if I click dispatch and it doesn't go, and I don't notice it failed to launch. With all the mixed up itineraries out there now I have to watch carefully for a few days, but can missing the 24 hr time frame mess it up too?
Hi Riap,
If the ship doesn't dispatch in the 24 hours then you have to start over and that also means setting the reuse itinerary too. You can tell if it dispatched because you can see the picture for the first port and it says docked at Port whoever and the port number.
Old Jun 02 2023, 09:40 PM

Thanks, yes.
I guess I didn't really pay attention if it dispatched or not.
Quote:
Hi Riap,
If the ship doesn't dispatch in the 24 hours then you have to start over and that also means setting the reuse itinerary too. You can tell if it dispatched because you can see the picture for the first port and it says docked at Port whoever and the port number.
Old Jun 12 2023, 09:14 AM

Good morning! This isn't so much a problem as it is I'm wondering how this works. I get a Ship docked at my Port from someone I don't recognize. If I'm on the FB website, I cannot help as it states this person is not a Neighbor. If I'm on the FT site, I can help them! The funny thing is, I have no idea who this farmer is as she/he is not a Neighbor and not a Buddy. I'll continue to help! It's just weird that someone I don't know pops up on my Port. Any ideas how this happened? thank you!!
Old Jun 12 2023, 09:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittyGirl View Post
Good morning! This isn't so much a problem as it is I'm wondering how this works. I get a Ship docked at my Port from someone I don't recognize. If I'm on the FB website, I cannot help as it states this person is not a Neighbor. If I'm on the FT site, I can help them! The funny thing is, I have no idea who this farmer is as she/he is not a Neighbor and not a Buddy. I'll continue to help! It's just weird that someone I don't know pops up on my Port. Any ideas how this happened? thank you!!
Hi KnittyGirl,
This usually will happen if someone is using more than 1 account through Facebook and switches between them. The user data does not get transferred correctly, so it appears to be someone you may not have as a neighbor or buddy or friend. If in Facebook instead of loading it in the port manager you go to the My Requests it will have the correct information and show you who actually sent you the ship. The website may not show the correct information but it does know who sent it and allows you to load it.
Old Jun 12 2023, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Hi KnittyGirl,
This usually will happen if someone is using more than 1 account through Facebook and switches between them. The user data does not get transferred correctly, so it appears to be someone you may not have as a neighbor or buddy or friend. If in Facebook instead of loading it in the port manager you go to the My Requests it will have the correct information and show you who actually sent you the ship. The website may not show the correct information but it does know who sent it and allows you to load it.
Ah, thank you Taz! I do have another account so that explains it.
Old Jun 12 2023, 09:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittyGirl View Post
Ah, thank you Taz! I do have another account so that explains it.
Hi KnittyGirl,
I suggest having 2 accounts you work each in a different browser. That way the data transfer does not get mixed up for your neighbors/buddies/friends for each account.

Tags
cargo ships, container, cranes, dispatch ship, logbook, pink port, port deleted, red skip port, replace port, reuse itinerary, ship rewards, ship's logbook, ships, skip port