Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 14 2019, 11:23 AM

I was playing Farm Town when layering first started and I remember then it was made quite clear it wasn't supported and that players who layered would be on their own if it all went wrong. Now personally I think the devs should have either put a stop to it or supported it, not sat back and thrown up their hands, but that's always been the situation. Layer at your own risk.
Old Jan 15 2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolan View Post
You have copied & pasted the same message with others, which indicates to me that you have anticipated this happening. I would recommend that whatever the developers have done to create this problem, should reverse it, so that we can all continue playing as we have done, without a loss. A company can't maintain a high level of player spending all of the time. So, if they were trying to find a way for a player to cut back on something in order to increase buying, this is not the way to do it.
The only way to cut down on or stop people from layering is to cut down on the sometimes ridiculous amounts of crops, flowers, trees, and fish we need for a facility. That isn't going to happen so people are going to continue to layer.
Old Jan 15 2019, 01:30 PM

I don't agree--layering started long before we had anything like this number of facs.
Old Jan 13 2021, 02:38 PM

Question Layered farms

I noticed my farms have been reduced from 10 layers to only 2 layers. is this what we can expect now? I had 19 50X50 farms with 10 layers that are my primary reason for continuing to play farmtown after 10+ years with thousands of hours and dollars invested.

Last edited by emptysmith; Jan 13 2021 at 02:43 PM.
Old Jan 13 2021, 02:46 PM

Default All good

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptysmith View Post
I noticed my farms have been reduced from 10 layers to only 2 layers. is this what we can expect now? I had 19 50X50 farms with 10 layers that are my primary reason for continuing to play farmtown after 10+ years with thousands of hours and dollars invested.
My 9-layer fields are unaffected. Did you have some glitched layers that actually had plots on top of plots?
Old Jan 13 2021, 03:31 PM

Default Low harvest

Today was the first day I noticed it. My layered green grapes were on a 50X50 farm and I only harvested 667000 grapes instead of the usual 2,000,000 (approximate). Yesterday everything worked as expected.
Old Jan 15 2021, 05:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptysmith View Post
Today was the first day I noticed it. My layered green grapes were on a 50X50 farm and I only harvested 667000 grapes instead of the usual 2,000,000 (approximate). Yesterday everything worked as expected.
I've noticed lower than normal harvests on everything but I think that is because I am having to do the work myself instead of hiring a stranger from the market.
Old Jan 24 2021, 01:01 PM

I get quite upset when I read that layering fields and plowing under buildings, trees, etc is a "trick" It may have started out that way, but, devs have provided tools like the purple hand that HELPS and SUPPORTS the "tricks". I also have it on very good authority from a friend who writes code for a living, that the devs can programme the "tricks".
The "tricks" have become so much part of the way we play that devs and moderators should really consider NOT calling them tricks any more, and see them as the integral part of the game they have become, and give them back to us. Soon!
Old Jan 24 2021, 02:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy559 View Post
I get quite upset when I read that layering fields and plowing under buildings, trees, etc is a "trick" It may have started out that way, but, devs have provided tools like the purple hand that HELPS and SUPPORTS the "tricks". I also have it on very good authority from a friend who writes code for a living, that the devs can programme the "tricks".
The "tricks" have become so much part of the way we play that devs and moderators should really consider NOT calling them tricks any more, and see them as the integral part of the game they have become, and give them back to us. Soon!
Hi Poppy,
The layering has been an unintended addition to the game. They are still tricks and still cause problems with your farms if you do excessive amounts. For that reason the developers will not allow any instructions or help for that in the forums. The purple and even the green hand will allow you to "stack items yes, but there still has to be at least one clear spot (tree size) to set something down. The #EX tools were made to allow the working of existing layering of crops, but no tool has been made that will layer the crops for you.
How much of the layer is available later as the game is being put back together will depend on how well it works in the new language.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 25 2021, 12:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Poppy,
The layering has been an unintended addition to the game. They are still tricks and still cause problems with your farms if you do excessive amounts. For that reason the developers will not allow any instructions or help for that in the forums. The purple and even the green hand will allow you to "stack items yes, but there still has to be at least one clear spot (tree size) to set something down. The #EX tools were made to allow the working of existing layering of crops, but no tool has been made that will layer the crops for you.
How much of the layer is available later as the game is being put back together will depend on how well it works in the new language.
If the Devs completely remove the ability to layer then I will quit the game permanently because without the ability to layer it is impossible to keep my facilities full. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels like this. My only regret is that I have already spent a lot of money on this game