Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 14 2011, 10:03 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Just because quest are added to the game does not mean they will be to build buildings. That is one way to do a quest there are 1000s of ways to do quest without spamming our friends walls, and begging for stuff to build something. Just because that is the way zynga does them does not mean that is how ft has to do them. About a year and a half ago the most requested thing for the game was harvesting of animals. Tons of people had the opinion you have about quest that is too much like zynga and didn't want stupid little marks over their animals or want to have to click on each one to harvest them, it would be too time consuming and too much like fv. Well did the developers listen yes they did. They gave everyone what they wanted. They gave us a way to harvest the animals and didn't add the stupid symbol over their head or require us to click on each animal. There are other things that FT has added that people said no too much like zynga but the way ft did them was much better and made everyone happy. The only misstep the developers have had along this line is the belts. Not adding the belts but making them way to easy to obtain so you had all those pop ups and posting when they first came out. The idea was a great one just not very well thought out. There are ways to add quest and goals to the game without going the zynga route and can add some fun and enjoyment to the game.

Exactly what I have been trying to get everyone to see. Here is an example of a quest/goal that could be added to the game.

Par 1.

Harvest 500 wheat fields
Tend 5 neighbors farms
Max out 2 products in a regular facility.

Reward 1000xps and 50,000 coins

Part 2.

Harvest 500 corn.
Tend 10 neighbors farms.
Max out 2 products in a service facility.

Reward 1000xps and 1000 cow milk.

Part 3

Harvest 500 tomatoes.
Work 5 neighbors facilities.
Catch 50 fish of any kind.

Reward 1000xps and 1000 onions.

This is a way to give people more xps, coins and some extra crops and would require no posting on our walls or begging people for parts to build stuff. There can be an option to post that we finished a part of the goal and let our friends get some kind of bonus from it but like the belt bonuses it will not be required of us to post them just an option.
that will work in theory if all we have to do to tend to neighbours is click in there to weed or water the farm at the prompt.. if there had to be any other work done on the farm then it wouldnt work.. many people say they dont have that many active neighbours anymore.. but if its just the weeding or watering required then it will work because the farm stays there and still produces the prompt for us to weed or water whether they are active anymore or not. not a bad idea overall
Old Aug 14 2011, 11:02 PM

I totally agree with KayGee, well said. This game is great the direction it is going.
Old Aug 15 2011, 12:28 AM

Talking Great.. Flash Player 11 beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
That is what the problem is. You have the latest update and the problem is being caused by that update. Instead of going backward your best bet is to search for Flash Player 11 beta, download and install the one that applies for all browsers other than IE.That will fix both Chrome and FF. That will also fix the problem.
I did not include a link here because Farm Town does not want outside links top be included in posts here and the moderators will delete those.
Thank you Thanks you SO much, for that text. I have just update my flash player til 11 beta, and IT worked.. Great..
Old Aug 15 2011, 05:49 AM

I am fairly certain this has been asked many times over... but there are 87 pages here and its just too early to look through them all... so I have a question.... any idea when more levels will be added to FT??? thank you... please dont yell at me for asking LOL
Old Aug 15 2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.french09 View Post
I am fairly certain this has been asked many times over... but there are 87 pages here and its just too early to look through them all... so I have a question.... any idea when more levels will be added to FT??? thank you... please dont yell at me for asking LOL
Hi, in the next release.. not exactly sure when it will be.. Hopefully soon
Old Aug 15 2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.french09 View Post
LOL - We wouldn't yell at you. We'd just tell you to take your number 979 and get in line with all the rest of us who are dying to know.

The general rule of thumb with farm town is 'it'll be here when it's here!', but, as Tony says, we should be heading for an update of levels quite soon. I'm going to be away at the end of the week for a short time, so you can bet that's when they will turn up

Old Aug 15 2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
LOL - We wouldn't yell at you. We'd just tell you to take your number 979 and get in line with all the rest of us who are dying to know.

The general rule of thumb with farm town is 'it'll be here when it's here!', but, as Tony says, we should be heading for an update of levels quite soon. I'm going to be away at the end of the week for a short time, so you can bet that's when they will turn up

LOL thank you
Old Aug 15 2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi, in the next release.. not exactly sure when it will be.. Hopefully soon
I beleave it will be on friday this week, but I am not sure.. Usely every 3 week there comes new updates, new lvl or just new things... and on friday it will be 3 weeks since the last update.
Old Aug 15 2011, 10:33 AM

For the first time since the game started all of the green lights of my level 235++ neighbours are on at the same time and for a long time ! We are so busy now and most days we hardly chat trying to keep up with the math involved in facilities

New levels?? Like another 40K XP to level up each one? Good grief!! Makes me wonder ....is there a "slow season" in the game? Bwwaaaahahahaha! NOT!

When I win the Powerball, I will pay for Geisha girls to stand and fan Raul with their giant yellow feathers! I see him sweating over there...
++

MAIN ACCOUNT
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=690252375
Old Aug 15 2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Just because quest are added to the game does not mean they will be to build buildings. That is one way to do a quest there are 1000s of ways to do quest without spamming our friends walls, and begging for stuff to build something. Just because that is the way zynga does them does not mean that is how ft has to do them. .
Amen to that. I personally would love to have quests. It keeps the game interesting and motivates me to come on and try to complete them. In addition to what Jas suggests, perhaps it would help people to not think of them like "quests", but "achievements", which we already have. IMO Slashkey has ignored what could be a significant part of the game by not adding on to the 15 trophies we have now. That trophy section should be completely redesigned and enhanced to include many more quests/achievements/goals/trophies/whatever you want to call them. Upon completion of a trophy, give us a bonus such as coins, exp, more crops, a decoration that can't be purchased or gifted, etc. I really don't get why people are so stuck on the idea that the word "quest" means spamming people's walls all the time. Yes, that's what Zynga does, but that doesn't have to apply to Slashkey.
Closed Thread