Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 31 2020, 08:55 PM

Default switch to HTML5

Hi,
I clicked the link provided to try the new version of the game. The field that shows the farms turned black with a 3 sided cube in white and a bar below it that filled in in white and stopped. Nothing else happens. Game area remains black.

I can click on play or other options and they all work. So I clicked on Play and it works as usual, is that how it works?

Usually the game loads with white background then opens on default farm.

I am working from a 2009 iMac desk top

Thank you Carol Ann
Old Dec 31 2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi KnittyGirl,
With your farms open, find the 3 bars top right of your browser and click on that. will open a menu. Find the line for Zoom and click the plus to increase it, usually 10% each click.
It didn't work. I clicked up to 400% and the only thing that increased was the crops and farm. The tool box, lettering all remained tiny. The farm itself is fine. All of the wording surrounding it - the fuel,coins, map of farms, level, name of farm, upper right tools and the lower neighbor box still remains almost impossible to read. I'm sorry!!! I noticed other people having the same issue. You guys work so hard and I hate to complain.
Old Dec 31 2020, 09:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Checked out the new link and while it was a bit slow loading, the graphics look good. Using Firefox browser, with Win 10 on a 2 year old desktop.

Edit: Tried a second time and the game loaded about 25% faster. I'm good with that.

Will see how my older laptop with Win 7 does in a bit.....

My thanks to all the developers, programmers, and anyone else associated with this move. I can only imagine how much time and work went into getting this accomplished.

Last edited by Mister-T; Dec 31 2020 at 09:05 PM.
Old Dec 31 2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmo View Post
I tried the HTML5 i got a gray screen with an ASCII-like sad face
I got the same thing. Chrome is up to date but I do run a number of extensions. I'll try disabling those and see what happens
Old Dec 31 2020, 09:04 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Is freestyle DIRECT FROM STORE missing a glitch or a delayed feature?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by Taz D; Dec 31 2020 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Removed quote
Old Dec 31 2020, 09:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23Chris03 View Post
I got the same thing. Chrome is up to date but I do run a number of extensions. I'll try disabling those and see what happens
Hi Chris,
That is another possibility.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 31 2020, 09:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler1041 View Post
Is freestyle DIRECT FROM STORE missing a glitch or a delayed feature?
Hi spoiler,
The purple hand is not available yet.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 31 2020, 09:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-T View Post
Checked out the new link and while it was a bit slow loading, the graphics look good. Using Firefox browser, with Win 10 on a 2 year old desktop.

Edit: Tried a second time and the game loaded about 25% faster. I'm good with that.

Will see how my older laptop with Win 7 does in a bit.....

My thanks to all the developers, programmers, and anyone else associated with this move. I can only imagine how much time and work went into getting this accomplished.
Hi Mister = T,
The first time you load it all the graphics have to be downloaded to your browser, so that is why it is slow the first time.
Old Dec 31 2020, 09:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittyGirl View Post
It didn't work. I clicked up to 400% and the only thing that increased was the crops and farm. The tool box, lettering all remained tiny. The farm itself is fine. All of the wording surrounding it - the fuel,coins, map of farms, level, name of farm, upper right tools and the lower neighbor box still remains almost impossible to read. I'm sorry!!! I noticed other people having the same issue. You guys work so hard and I hate to complain.
Hi KnittyGirl,
I am with you about the text size and have sent this to the developers. Hopefully it is something that can be increased easily enough.
Old Dec 31 2020, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi KnittyGirl,
I am with you about the text size and have sent this to the developers. Hopefully it is something that can be increased easily enough.
Thank you so much! I tried switching to Firefox but it's the same issue. Thank you again!!! I'll keep checking back and hopefully it will be fixed. You guys are fantastic!!! Happy New Year!
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl