Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 02 2023, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi RichmondGuy,

When you harvest for someone else you only get a percentage of what is harvested so as a super neighbour you can't harvest one soybean to get the step completed on the quest.

For crops you get 10% of what you harvest, so for one soybean you would need to harvest 10 of them as a super neighbour.

If crops are fertilised you can get the step completed by harvesting less than 10 as you would get more crops when they are fertilised than you would if they were not.
Tiger,
I understand the percentage thing, I was under the impression the number was 15%. This is why I harvested five, then ten, and they were indeed fertilized. I went back using the fb version of ft, and got the one soybean I needed by harvesting a further five.
Old Jun 02 2023, 08:16 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichmondGuy View Post
Tiger,
I understand the percentage thing, I was under the impression the number was 15%. This is why I harvested five, then ten, and they were indeed fertilized. I went back using the fb version of ft, and got the one soybean I needed by harvesting a further five.
Hi RichmondGuy,

The 10% for crops hasn't changed so I am not sure where you got the 15% from.

The only thing I can think of that would not always get you the correct amount when items are also fertilised, is if there was any kind of layering on the farm or it ever had layering in the past. That can corrupt the data on a farm which can mean it takes more attempts than usual to get enough to complete the step.

If it couldn't be that either, you've not noticed any slowdown or hiccups when harvesting that might indicate a temporary data transfer issue and you have been keeping up with the routine clearing, browser/computer updates etc then we can keep an eye on that same issue happening to ourselves or for others. What we can't do is give ourselves a particular quest or lifeline to be able to test it. If you do get this problem again please let us know.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 02 2023, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Hi RichmondGuy,

The 10% for crops hasn't changed so I am not sure where you got the 15% from.

The only thing I can think of that would not always get you the correct amount when items are also fertilised, is if there was any kind of layering on the farm or it ever had layering in the past. That can corrupt the data on a farm which can mean it takes more attempts than usual to get enough to complete the step.

If it couldn't be that either, you've not noticed any slowdown or hiccups when harvesting that might indicate a temporary data transfer issue and you have been keeping up with the routine clearing, browser/computer updates etc then we can keep an eye on that same issue happening to ourselves or for others. What we can't do is give ourselves a particular quest or lifeline to be able to test it. If you do get this problem again please let us know.
Thanks Tiger,
That was my plan, I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it happens again. Difficult to replicate for sure.
Happy farming...
Old Jun 02 2023, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Hi Alexandra_J,

You can only open a facility when previous steps needed to make a specific product have a check mark. That hasn't changed.

When you have a quest with multiple products made in the same facility you can only open it when one of those products has all the check marks needed to make it and that step has not been started yet.

For example if you had ONLY got green check marks on soybean and blueberries, you would be able to open the ink and pigments factory using the open button on Produce blue ink which would then allow you to request ingredients for anything that facility makes.
Exactly, I have all my ingredients so it should have allowed me to open the facility via the quest box to ask for ingredients but it didn't. So I had to use my farm or my facility manager. Did you see my video? It should still allow me ask foe ingredients no matter what step you're on. Like for example I'd be able yo open the oil pump to ask for crude oil and then the oil refinery to ask for something in there.
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Jun 02 2023, 09:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra_J View Post
Exactly, I have all my ingredients so it should have allowed me to open the facility via the quest box to ask for ingredients but it didn't. So I had to use my farm or my facility manager. Did you see my video? It should still allow me ask foe ingredients no matter what step you're on. Like for example I'd be able yo open the oil pump to ask for crude oil and then the oil refinery to ask for something in there.
Ho Alexandra J,
If you don't hve all the green check marks in the quest for all the ingredients needed to startthe product in that facility then you won't have the open. And if you do have all the ingredients checked in the quest why would you need to ask for ingredients as you already have them?

We have never been able to open a facility from a quest to ask for ingredients. You can only open them when you have all the ingredients needed checked and that is to start the product.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 02 2023, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Ho Alexandra J,
If you don't hve all the green check marks in the quest for all the ingredients needed to startthe product in that facility then you won't have the open. And if you do have all the ingredients checked in the quest why would you need to ask for ingredients as you already have them?

We have never been able to open a facility from a quest to ask for ingredients. You can only open them when you have all the ingredients needed checked and that is to start the product.
I meant I have all my primary ingredients, but as I have the gift lifeline, it should also allow me to click on the 'open' tab on the facility from inside the quest (I've done it before) and then allow me to get the rest of my ingredients. Even if I didn't have my primary ingredients it should still allow me to open it via the quest box to get what I need. And it didn't. It's completed now as I went into my facility manager to get what I needed.

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Jun 02 2023, 01:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra_J View Post
I meant I have all my primary ingredients, but as I have the gift lifeline, it should also allow me to click on the 'open' tab on the facility from inside the quest (I've done it before) and then allow me to get the rest of my ingredients. Even if I didn't have my primary ingredients it should still allow me to open it via the quest box to get what I need. And it didn't. It's completed now as I went into my facility manager to get what I needed.
Hi Alexandra J,
No. The only facilities that will open in a quest is when you have all the ingredients required checked. Never have they opened for getting ingredient requests.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 02 2023, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Alexandra J,
No. The only facilities that will open in a quest is when you have all the ingredients required checked. Never have they opened for getting ingredient requests.
ok, I'll just go to the farm the facility is on in the future or the facility manager.

Old Jun 03 2023, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks Tiger,
That was my plan, I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it happens again. Difficult to replicate for sure.
Happy farming...
Tiger,
The same thing happened today to another farmer friend of mine. He needed one soybean for a quest, and got the Employee lifeline. He didn't have any ready, so came to my quest farm and harvested all 16 plots of fertilized/irrigated soybean, using the web version of FT, and the soybean step in his quest did not show as completed, even after a restart.
I suggested he try another farm where he is SN, using FT via facebook. He harvested a small number of soybean, and the quest step showed as completed.
If I see this happen with another crop/tree/flower/facility production, I will let you know.

Last edited by RichmondGuy; Jun 03 2023 at 08:56 AM.
Old Jun 03 2023, 11:55 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Tiger,
The same thing happened today to another farmer friend of mine. He needed one soybean for a quest, and got the Employee lifeline. He didn't have any ready, so came to my quest farm and harvested all 16 plots of fertilized/irrigated soybean, using the web version of FT, and the soybean step in his quest did not show as completed, even after a restart.
I suggested he try another farm where he is SN, using FT via facebook. He harvested a small number of soybean, and the quest step showed as completed.
If I see this happen with another crop/tree/flower/facility production, I will let you know.
Hi RichmondGuy,

If you are both using the website, do you tend to stay logged into it or do you log out every evening and log back in the next day?

Are you using a saved bookmark in your browser to use the website? It may be worth you both running memcache then logging out of the website, closing the browser, reopening it and then using the Play in FarmTown.com button at the top of the forum to log back into the website to make sure you're both in the current version.

If that doesn't help either then it's time to contact support and let them look into it as we can't test this easily.

If you are using the Website use these links:
Memcache:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Website game support link:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

If you are using the Facebook version of the game use these links:
Memcache:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Facebook game support link:
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Tags
8 quests, brown quests, completed quest, employee lifeline, friends list, gift issues, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, personal quests, quest, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline