Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Closed Thread

Old Oct 12 2022, 06:15 PM

thanks I am glad to be back. Thanks to the Moderators for dealing well with what must have been a stressful situation.

Denise

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p..._id=1450953003

clear memcache https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

I have as many neighbors and buddies as I am allowed

USER ID number is: 1450953003
Old Oct 14 2022, 01:24 AM

Default Thanks

Not sure if this is the place to put this but I would like to thank you all for all you did getting FarmTown back up and running you all did a great job. Only game I play and I love it. it is such a good game Lorraine aka Wild Farmer
Old Oct 17 2022, 06:53 PM

When will a much delayed new release be available?
Old Oct 17 2022, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcandymountain View Post
When will a much delayed new release be available?
Hi rockcandymountain

Im sorry but we dont have that information as the developers dont tell us in advance.
Old Oct 20 2022, 09:46 PM

slashkey and farmtown are a great community hope to see you for a long time. not many games have this level of support and dedication to their community.
Old Oct 26 2022, 05:49 PM

Default Suggestion

Hi,

I'm playing another game that left Facebook several years ago. Before they left, we had plenty of notice and a transition period where we could play it on Facebook or on the platform independent of Facebook. The link to the game is embedded in our game forum which still resides on Facebook. It has been that way for several years. That forum and many of it's existing players are still active on Facebook. Many of us still on Facebook use the link on the forum to access the game years after the game left Facebook.

I'm sure you could set up a standalone Farm Town platform numerous ways, but if you want to keep your existing players that are on Facebook, please consider maintaining a link to the new platform on the existing FB Farm Town page if the game is going to another platform. That way we aren't dependent on maintaining all of our email addresses to get to the game. Rather just one link to the game would need to be maintained.
Old Oct 26 2022, 06:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot mom View Post
Hi,

I'm playing another game that left Facebook several years ago. Before they left, we had plenty of notice and a transition period where we could play it on Facebook or on the platform independent of Facebook. The link to the game is embedded in our game forum which still resides on Facebook. It has been that way for several years. That forum and many of it's existing players are still active on Facebook. Many of us still on Facebook use the link on the forum to access the game years after the game left Facebook.

I'm sure you could set up a standalone Farm Town platform numerous ways, but if you want to keep your existing players that are on Facebook, please consider maintaining a link to the new platform on the existing FB Farm Town page if the game is going to another platform. That way we aren't dependent on maintaining all of our email addresses to get to the game. Rather just one link to the game would need to be maintained.
Hi Parrot Mom,
If you want to make a suggestion, please post it in the Suggestions section where we arrange those by subject for the developers to see. You can not start a thread there but you can reply to a thread that fits your suggestion.

The purpose of providing your email address is to allow the development of a website for playing Farm Town to be used only if Facebook forces them to move from there.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 11 2022, 10:21 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Some small problems...

1) First, thank you devs for getting your game to run under unity. Porting it from flash was no small task and we're all grateful you decided to port it instead of abandoning it like many other developers.

and with the carrot comes the stick. Small stick, but a stick...

2) Clicks, which this game does by the boatload, can get extremely laggy. I know, I know. This is just kind of a general comment. But when I can click faster than the game responds by hand then we got problems. I can click on a field three or four times before the system moves the square and does something like plant. This isn't good.

3) The navigation map with the one square per farm thing sometimes refuses to shrink back down. I'll click around they thing trying to get it to go away and it will just sit there taking up screen space. The only thing that seems to fix this is to navigate somewhere then hope the thing goes away.

4) In coop quests the very first time I click "show neighbors coop quests" the upper left box in the coop quest grid always has a highlight. My first thought is "Oh, they've got something I need!" Then it's, "Oh that stupid bug again." This is super easy to reproduce.

5) Again on coop quests, when moving the mouse around in the neighbors coop quest grid you can inevitably get whatever the mouse was last on to stay highlighted when the mouse moves off the coop quest grid. I can understand if the mouse flys out of the playfield entirely that it stays highlighted but it's still on the playfield and keeps the thing highlighted, especially if it's just on the scrollbar.

6) There is basically no way to hide trains. I somehow got a few fields stuck under my trains and I have no way to hide the train to clear that silly field out. With what it took to get all my trains crammed together like I have, I'm not moving them anywhere.

7) With all the awesome tools there is an abundance of workers and not enough work. You need to come up with something like a treadmill in the job market so we can click on something. Like four clicks an xp or something while we're waiting to get work.

8) Zombies in the market. I've started waiting for people to move or talk in market before hiring anyone because I've hired so many zombies in market.

9) Zombies in my farm. After visiting market, zombies will pop up in my farm when I go back. The first few times this happened I was thinking someone was stalking me or something. Since it happens so often I finally figured out it was just a glitch.

Again, these are small annoyances and not serious bugs. Just add these to the "real soon now" bug list.

Good job in general, and using the farm pass as a revenue generator is a great idea. I personally love it (until I get an impossible task, LOL!).

Tsunami Vince.

Last edited by TsunamiVince; Nov 11 2022 at 10:25 AM.
Old Dec 17 2022, 08:37 AM

Default Farm Pass

I have 601 points and so have completed Farm Pass for this season (month). I have already made the suggestion so I am saying it again here....there needs to be more to farm pass. I have already completed it on the 17th of the month and that is with a ten day "vacation" because FB shut us down. There needs to be more!

Denise

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p..._id=1450953003

clear memcache https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

I have as many neighbors and buddies as I am allowed

USER ID number is: 1450953003
Old Jan 09 2023, 08:25 PM

Default Does Facebook own Farm Town?

sayso, I wondered because when I by something it is a pain to pay it now. They also say this is Facebook, not Farm Town. I think I will stop baying if the Facebood guy will get all of it. I'm just wondering.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity