Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Mar 26 2013, 02:27 AM
Account Not Linked

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy too View Post
Ok - here's a new one.
I hire at the marketplace a lot. When I'm not in a hurry, I often hire some people who have "no tools" , to help newer players level up. I hire a few, to make sure all the work gets done.
So today I hired 3 or 4 workers.
One worker I hired said "no tools, just hands" - She had a combine, and took all the work from the other workers, finishing off all the farms in a minute. I felt bad for the other workers who were trying to get some work.
It seems that advertising "no tools" in the MP when you have a combine is just mean.
Good point! I've been tricked several times lately (pulled to empty farms). I also had a co-worker do the whole farm in a few seconds while I tried to use my single tool. Never realized that the person hiring us might have been tricked, too. Anyway, several nice people have hired me and I could tell they were doing it to be helpful ~ I try to help others in return. Game is better that way, I think. Real people with real feelings behind those avatars...
Old Apr 16 2013, 06:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
Good point! I've been tricked several times lately (pulled to empty farms). I also had a co-worker do the whole farm in a few seconds while I tried to use my single tool. Never realized that the person hiring us might have been tricked, too. Anyway, several nice people have hired me and I could tell they were doing it to be helpful ~ I try to help others in return. Game is better that way, I think. Real people with real feelings behind those avatars...

i think its more fair to have one person on each farm if you want more than one person give them farm each. i always do that or give some one all farms. i hate to share a farm like most people. even with no tools i can take my time and do it all
Old Apr 19 2013, 02:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Default nice people

one reason its my favourite game is that you meet so many nice people to chat too
Old Apr 19 2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
I like to help newbies when I have time also. We remember how it was, trying to level up. I have had the same problem, too. I have done this. If I have multiple fields, hire one person for one farm. If they actually have no tools, I let them know there is more work if they want it when they finish that farm. If they lied and have the tools, then that's all they get. Pft. If the field is large and overlapped, I will ask the farmer with no tools if they can handle it or if they want help. And I have also volunteered and harvested and let them plow because what they really need is XP for plowing.
Old Apr 19 2013, 08:54 PM

Default Most of the time it is hard eneough to get anyone to do certain tasks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterbratt View Post
I love the idea
Interesting what you have posted but mostly it is hard enough to find people to do certain tasks and now multi tasking is not working Spent more than 10 hrs getting people to shake trees yesterday.
Old Apr 19 2013, 09:52 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneycs View Post
Interesting what you have posted but mostly it is hard enough to find people to do certain tasks and now multi tasking is not working Spent more than 10 hrs getting people to shake trees yesterday.
I end up doing my own trees and flowers almost all the time now, especially if I don't have crops to put with the offer. I have a few neighbors and buddies who say 'gimme everything' but I can never find a market worker who says that anymore. I like the idea of hiring for one farm only then asking them what else they want to do, I may do that from now on (if they will answer me, lol). Doing my own work is getting me back on my farms on a regular basis, too. I used to just hire someone without fully knowing what needed to be done, then had to go back and check what-all they did. Now I see my stuff more and do a bit of remodeling, which I had gotten away from.

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 19 2013, 09:54 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschar View Post
And I have also volunteered and harvested and let them plow because what they really need is XP for plowing.
I NEVER thought of doing that, that's cool! I have a few newbs in my group, I'm going to see if they would prefer that, thanks!

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

Old Apr 19 2013, 09:56 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sread32 View Post
I'm willing to chop any kind of trees if you want we can figure out how to schedule a meeting at the marketplace. I have over 250,000 fuel and need to get rid of it. Large or small farms is great. The more farms I do the better it is.
You guys have to be on the same server to do that, I think. Each server has it's own marketplace.

Visit 's Farm

Old Apr 20 2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyshoes View Post
Thanks Tony & Taz. I've tried to ignore and report...almost as if they have an internal way to stop that...or it seems...
they're baaaak

anne: hire me pls! i use the ******** [mod edit link and tool name removed]

sure you know but.... can't report, they are tricky lil burgers

Last edited by Tiger; Apr 20 2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: removed link
Old Apr 20 2013, 10:13 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyshoes View Post
they're baaaak

anne: hire me pls! i use the ******** [mod edit link and tool name removed]

sure you know but.... can't report, they are tricky lil burgers
Hi,

I've removed the tool name and link from your post. We do not want these advertised on the forum.

All you can do is try to click on their avatar and ignore them. It is tricky but it is possible, you do have to be incredibly quick.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.