Old Jan 04 2021, 06:00 PM

Default farmtown

can't get new site to load, all I get is a black cube
Old Jan 04 2021, 06:02 PM

Exclamation update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Santmyer,
Check your options in Firefox under the Privacy and Security, at the bottom of that for HTTPS-Only Mode. See what you have it set to. If it is HTTPS only mode in all windows, change that to don't enable. Close the browser and restart it then try going to the new version. Let me know if that worked.

Also, please try a different browser such as Chrome and see if it will load in that.
I went into Firefox settings and it was already set at don't enable. I then closed Firefox. I opened up IE/Microsoft Edge to see what happened and the HTML opened up almost immediately. I closed out of it. I have not used IE in years and do not feel comfortable using that browser.

If you think of anything else I can try through Firefox, I am definitely open to advice. This long time player wants to keep playing. I will continue to play through Flash and concurrently try HTML until that option is gone.

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Old Jan 04 2021, 06:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
I went into Firefox settings and it was already set at don't enable. I then closed Firefox. I opened up IE/Microsoft Edge to see what happened and the HTML opened up almost immediately. I closed out of it. I have not used IE in years and do not feel comfortable using that browser.

If you think of anything else I can try through Firefox, I am definitely open to advice. This long time player wants to keep playing. I will continue to play through Flash and concurrently try HTML until that option is gone.
Hi Santmyer,
Since you got it to open in IE, try restarting your computer then try again in Firefox. If you have Edge not IE then it is a much better browser than the old IE. It is actually a Chrome based browser.

Does your Anti-virus program have a plug in/extension in your Firefox? If so try disabling it, restart and see if that is blocking part of the HTML version.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 04 2021, 06:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy17 View Post
can't get new site to load, all I get is a black cube
Hi Wendy,
I moved your post to the Announcement section subject thread about the new version of the game.

Please go to the first post, first page of this thread and click in the link Raul provided to check if your browser support WebGL technology.

If that is ok, then are you using Gameroom? if so, we have reports that it is not working, so you have to log into Facebook and load the game using the link in the left column.

Also, if you have an extension added to your browser, please disable it, restart your browser and check if the game loads.

If you have more than one extension added, then you have to check each of them and one by one following the previous suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 04 2021, 06:13 PM

Sorry if question is in the wrong place . I was wondering if the game will play on a android phone I tried but it never fully loads then goes back to screen it was on before Farm Town.
Old Jan 04 2021, 06:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevat508 View Post
Sorry if question is in the wrong place . I was wondering if the game will play on a android phone I tried but it never fully loads then goes back to screen it was on before Farm Town.
Hi Kevat,
I have loaded it on my Samsung android phone and it worked. Only problem I found was it would not expand. Need a microscope to see anything.
Old Jan 04 2021, 06:30 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

not complaining, just want to say that on one laptop the HTLM5 is fine, but on another and my 25" desktop, the neighbor bar, text etc are still small .. hoping this will be resolved in coming weeks, thanks to the devs for all their hard work and the mods for their super patience with everyone who posts here.. you are doing a great job.. congrats..
Old Jan 04 2021, 06:34 PM

Ah mine stops when Farm Town writing is on the main screen but i can expand it no problem Just need it to load further Oh well thanks Taz I will keep trying to amuse myself maybe put more memory in.
Old Jan 04 2021, 06:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
not complaining, just want to say that on one laptop the HTLM5 is fine, but on another and my 25" desktop, the neighbor bar, text etc are still small .. hoping this will be resolved in coming weeks, thanks to the devs for all their hard work and the mods for their super patience with everyone who posts here.. you are doing a great job.. congrats..
Hi Aussie Rae,
For the ones having the small text check to see what build it is in the address bar. Should be build=20 at the end of the address. Try restarting computer and then reload to see if it has updated.
Old Jan 04 2021, 06:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevat508 View Post
Ah mine stops when Farm Town writing is on the main screen but i can expand it no problem Just need it to load further Oh well thanks Taz I will keep trying to amuse myself maybe put more memory in.
Hi Kevat,
It may depend on age of your phone. Mine is a brand new one.
Could also be the browser you are trying to use. Run the link in the first post here for checking WebGL and see if that browser supports it.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl