Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 23 2010, 07:48 PM

I still get workers at the marketplace.

If I just go in and start clicking people to hire, most decline.

There are people there who want work you just have to find them, which is why I always tell them I need a harvester and ask for volunteers.

I have also learned to do all my selling in offline mode or I will get 4-5 harvest requests.

And yes it has been discussed before. Many people say they have a hard time finding workers and other say they have no problem. It may also depend on what time you go.

Last edited by LoreneC; May 23 2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: adding
Old May 23 2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanlee View Post
I agree that it is getting harder and harder to hire harvesters, even plowers. I've resorted to doing it myself. How sad.
I've given up on the marketplace and do it myself.
Old May 23 2010, 08:26 PM

I like to click on an avatar and choose send message. That way you see their level. Level 80s will almost always work for you and do anything. People close to 80 will too. The ones I love are those who say "I will do pineapples." Well, yeah
Old May 23 2010, 11:34 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I'm sorry to bother you, but near the end of your post you say, if the harvester can't harvest the trees... If I was hired to harvest "everything that can be harvested" I should be able to get the trees, shouldn't I? I'm new enough to this that I'm not sure if I have a glitch, or the trees have been locked by the owner as non-harvestable. The tree says it's ready when I mouse over it, but when I swing the scythe, it says "not ready..." I have cleaned the cache already. Any suggestions?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 24 2010, 07:28 AM

It takes hours for me to plough or harvest (even in my own farm) so I think it's not a good idea to hire me. My computer often freezes while I'm working. And after midnight I'm in real trouble. Just to work a little in my farm takes sometimes 2 hours in the night. I don't know if it's farm town, face book or my broadband connection (the server with the phone company where I get my internet connection from). I sometimes have to refresh/reload the game several times to make it work. It is so annoying. In the daytime and evening it's almost ok. But in the night (around midnight it teases me so much). I get so angry at my computer.
Old May 25 2010, 06:08 AM
Account Not Linked

I have completely given up on the market. Its faster/easier for me to just use the tools and do it myself so I don't have to try to hire 20 people to finally find one that will work, then wait 30 minutes while they click one plot at the time. And then the same to plow. I can harvest/plow faster than I can even go find someone to harvest. And with my crops going to facilities, the coins aren't an issue other than the fuel I use. But I get enough fuel daily that it isnt an issue either.

It was talked about before and it would help TREMENDOUSLY if they would create 2 markets, 1 for selling, 1 for working. And then make it so you could only hire in the market for hiring.
Old May 25 2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHikk View Post
I have completely given up on the market. Its faster/easier for me to just use the tools and do it myself so I don't have to try to hire 20 people to finally find one that will work, then wait 30 minutes while they click one plot at the time. And then the same to plow. I can harvest/plow faster than I can even go find someone to harvest. And with my crops going to facilities, the coins aren't an issue other than the fuel I use. But I get enough fuel daily that it isnt an issue either.

It was talked about before and it would help TREMENDOUSLY if they would create 2 markets, 1 for selling, 1 for working. And then make it so you could only hire in the market for hiring.
I have to agree. I am fed up with the market and only hire from there if I am absolutely desperate. I use neighbours only, to plough or I do it myself same with harvesting
Old May 25 2010, 03:03 PM
Account Not Linked

Sometimes it depends on the time of day. My crops are set to be ready to harvest in the early morning, which is the hardest time to hire people, so I harvest myself. I hate plowing and refuse to do it myself, so I wait if I need to.

Depending on the time of the day I never have a problem hiring folks or getting jobs. The only thing that has changed, is that its really hard to be picky about who you hire AND begging has decreased.
Old May 25 2010, 03:06 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lene Bay View Post
It takes hours for me to plough or harvest (even in my own farm) so I think it's not a good idea to hire me. My computer often freezes while I'm working. And after midnight I'm in real trouble. Just to work a little in my farm takes sometimes 2 hours in the night. I don't know if it's farm town, face book or my broadband connection (the server with the phone company where I get my internet connection from). I sometimes have to refresh/reload the game several times to make it work. It is so annoying. In the daytime and evening it's almost ok. But in the night (around midnight it teases me so much). I get so angry at my computer.
I have the same problem with FT. It crashes my browser and runs really slow. I cleared my cache and that helped a little bit but if I am on one of my "busy" farms or a farm that has a lot of stuff, I still cant do anything.
Old May 25 2010, 11:10 PM

I have kind of given up in hiring at the market, too. People seem to be more picky about what they will harvest so I just do it myself.