Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 02 2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
They probably did it that way because snails aren't fish. They live in a shell and crawl on the ground. Ewwww.. LOL!!!!!
When the word snail is used in its most general sense, it includes sea snails, land snails and freshwater snails. They are of the mollusk family, as are oysters, scallops. and mussels. Snails also live in fish tanks and keep the walls clean.

The fish farm really has but one fish - the sea water bait. So, I don't think it was created as a place to farm fish, which are found in the water formations in the game. Therefore, snails would fit in perfectly in the fish farming plant, since they are often used as bait.
Old Sep 02 2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
When the word snail is used in its most general sense, it includes sea snails, land snails and freshwater snails. They are of the mollusk family, as are oysters, scallops. and mussels. Snails also live in fish tanks and keep the walls clean.

The fish farm really has but one fish - the sea water bait. So, I don't think it was created as a place to farm fish, which are found in the water formations in the game. Therefore, snails would fit in perfectly in the fish farming plant, since they are often used as bait.
I totally agree and had wondered the same thing.
Old Sep 02 2012, 05:20 PM
Account Not Linked

I knew a young man, his parents had citrus, and olives groves. He went out and collected snails, and then feed them a special diet for a certain amount of time, I am thinking cornmeal,but could be wrong. Then sold them to a market supply. So maybe they are in the Semi, because they have been processed for humans to eat. Sounds good to me. My Youngest Daughter and I samples Es cargo while at Pismo Beach. To me taste like Garlic and Butter.....
Old Sep 02 2012, 05:50 PM

Great game and no you can't please everyone. This is still the only game on Facebook that you can still buy lots with your coins, for myself I really don't mind paying for things that I really want, I feel the tools are way to high when you upgrade that tool. Plus they do give you farm cash when you level up which they could increase to 2 instead of just one. I love the train but it takes to long to run its coarse... As for those that layer I have no problems with working their farms as long as its not more than 3 layers... anymore than that it takes just to long even with the tools.... Just sayin....
Old Sep 02 2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petuniaflower View Post
I knew a young man, his parents had citrus, and olives groves. He went out and collected snails, and then feed them a special diet for a certain amount of time, I am thinking cornmeal,but could be wrong. Then sold them to a market supply. So maybe they are in the Semi, because they have been processed for humans to eat. Sounds good to me. My Youngest Daughter and I samples Es cargo while at Pismo Beach. To me taste like Garlic and Butter.....
To me they are killer bee delish, wherever they come from. They are fed cornmeal to clean out their insides, same as clams, etc., although I never found soaking quahogs in cornmeal made a bit of difference. They, too, are yummy and I miss them!
Old Sep 02 2012, 08:13 PM

i am reading all the posts in regards to the train cars .. i am not understanding why so many feel they are a waste .. yes they cost FC as does all the really good stuff in most any game and while you cant pick and choose which items each car does or doesnt deliver, you, the player, have 3 options: 1 you can choose not to buy the cars which means not only is it going to take you longer to work all your neighbors facilities/services but you really have no room to complain about the mayor only working 50% of those facilities because it was your choice not to get the cars .. 2 get the cars and buy extra facilities that will use the excess products the cars bring ( from what i see all the products are used mainly in coin facilities) leaving you with only 1 -6 facilities per farm to actually work on neighbors farms since the mayor will work all the rest which in turn gives you more time to spend on your farm decorating or what have you or even more time to do other things outside of Farm Town... 3 get the cars and sell off the excess products the cars bring so you can use the coins for farm expansions instead of FC.

**My neighbors' list is full but I can still accept so I am your neighbor but will have to add you as a buddy on my end of the game. I have plenty of room for buddies.
Old Sep 02 2012, 10:13 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImajeanB View Post
It did charge my FC but I haven't found it. Weird!
Have you tried hiding trees, flowers, buildings and seasonal, it could be hiding behind one of those things... try that first.
Old Sep 02 2012, 10:18 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Lady View Post
For anyone wondering the value of the design tools I can tell you they are - amazing! They instantly overlap water and buildings that used to take me a long time to do with the dirt paths. But way better. I can put buildings on top of each other and couldn't do that with the paths. This is great for those, ahem, ugly but necessary buildings we need but don't want to see. This is so cool! Thanks!
I have not bought them yet as I wanted to hear opinions ;-) but I guess they are worth it... now if we could have a walkway or bridge from one side of the track to the other, so people can cross the train tracks. I've tried the water bridge but the water overlaps the tracks, would the tool maybe keep the water down and the track up? If you try it let me know, lol
Old Sep 02 2012, 10:24 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
First off I would like to say thanks for the update, looks like there is some cool stuff.
I am still having Flash Crashes and some real slow activity. Been working on the farm all since about 0900 this morning and have had at least 3 crashes where it it slowed down and froze up where I had to cold boot the set. I am using Firefox with the latest flash update and on WF36. Oh yeah this last time it froze and crashed I just reloaded the game I have a headless avatar. First time my avatar has been been beheaded.
Well think about it this way, you won't have to listen to her saying "wait... I'm busy" or "you are going too fast", lol
Do the boy avatars say that too?
Old Sep 02 2012, 10:40 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclean47 View Post
How about a meat car ,I have 15 trucks and am out of meat everyday!!!!!!!!!!!
You just have too many facilities then that need meat... I have 5 and have no problem keeping up with the demand.
Closed Thread