Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 07 2014, 12:48 PM

Is there a benefit to the two step process for adding neighbors? When friends are added through FB for Farm Town, I have to add them as a neighbor and then they have to add me as a neighbor on their end. It would seem that once the "neighbor" contract was initiated by one and accepted by the other it would apply to both parties.

I've been helping a newbie player who has been working to build their neighbor list. They didn't realize that just because their new friends sent neighbor requests, it didn't make that person their neighbor. There is no mention in the game guide.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Sep 07 2014, 02:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnwhite View Post
Is there a benefit to the two step process for adding neighbors? When friends are added through FB for Farm Town, I have to add them as a neighbor and then they have to add me as a neighbor on their end. It would seem that once the "neighbor" contract was initiated by one and accepted by the other it would apply to both parties.

I've been helping a newbie player who has been working to build their neighbor list. They didn't realize that just because their new friends sent neighbor requests, it didn't make that person their neighbor. There is no mention in the game guide.
Hi Anglnwhite,
A benefit to having to add both ways? Probably not, but that is the way it works for most of the games I know of on Facebook that require "neighbors."
I do know that some have made the neighbor connection only 1 way because the other person is at their limit for neighbors. That only allows one way interaction like for bonuses and ingredient requests and farm work benefits. Not sure what other benefits there are.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 07 2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Anglnwhite,
A benefit to having to add both ways? Probably not, but that is the way it works for most of the games I know of on Facebook that require "neighbors."
I do know that some have made the neighbor connection only 1 way because the other person is at their limit for neighbors. That only allows one way interaction like for bonuses and ingredient requests and farm work benefits. Not sure what other benefits there are.
Ah. Thanks for the response, Taz.
I don't play any other games through FB that involve neighbors, so I wasn't aware of that. It makes sense now, especially since I am almost at my neighbor limit. The newer players can add me as they see fit despite my already full list.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Sep 09 2014, 11:25 AM

It is after all just a game, I've been here almost from the start when we only had one farm and 35(?) levels; then they added Farm 2 then Farm 3. I'd say we're pretty lucky 5 years in to be able to have 23 farms. If you've reached 550 and expect more FC then I suppose you'll have to wait. That is what I do, I wait for the next release. I've never seen the developers give 25 FC every two weeks, I doubt that will happen. I agree it's not a matter of hiring more people, that is not logical. Patience, is a virtue.
Old Sep 10 2014, 01:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

sure glad to see the sacked corn cobbs, i got them all over by the public facility
Old Sep 10 2014, 02:03 PM

I don't know where to put this, but why can't some products have shorter growing times? Seems growing coffee takes forever. Especially when I need it for a quest. Yes, I watered it to shorten growing time, but do we really need 3 day crops?
Old Sep 10 2014, 02:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Question This is different

My daughter's gift basket has these 2 things:

Tulip Pod
sent by

Sphere Planter
sent by No Trees or

Not sure what to make of it,is it bad or good
Old Sep 10 2014, 03:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petuniaflower View Post
My daughter's gift basket has these 2 things:

Tulip Pod
sent by

Sphere Planter
sent by No Trees or

Not sure what to make of it,is it bad or good
Hi Petuniaflower,
The items are store items. However, they are not valid gift items. Some of the free gift sites have hacked the codes for items from the store to try to send to players. Usually they do not appear in the gift box if you restart the farms. If they still are showing in the gift box try clearing the memcache.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 11 2014, 04:18 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolann43 View Post
I don't know where to put this, but why can't some products have shorter growing times? Seems growing coffee takes forever. Especially when I need it for a quest. Yes, I watered it to shorten growing time, but do we really need 3 day crops?
I like the longer growing times, it adds to the difficulty of the game and needing to use 'strategy', if you will. I only post facs twice a week, but I still need to plan my planting to make sure I have enough to fill everything. If someone posts facs more often, you really are forced to think ahead and get those long crops in and fertzed and irrigated to keep up with yourself. Having everything short timed would be ho-hum.

Have you tried building a quest farm and keeping things rotated so that you have everything ripe everyday right before you open a new quest? Now that's fun!

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 11 2014, 06:31 PM

Default latex

I have met all the requirements for the Horse Number Pad but it still will not let me load the Hippodrome. Why ?

Last edited by rpost17; Sep 11 2014 at 08:23 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity