Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 19 2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethFB View Post
My son Adonis, just hired someone to do all 13 farms, the person stayed for only one farm and they were okay with doing all 13. They didn't even note him stating they couldn't finish the rest, sorry.

He's going about doing his own farms himself because of how the hires will only do one farm and run when they were told that they have all 13 farms.

I really dislike that as does my son and daughter who both play the games.
Chances are the person he hired to do all 13 farms was very happy to do them all and by his or herself. The next big chance is they got kicked off by the game and had no control over it. Therefore, they could not leave your son a note. It's happened to me before and you feel helpless because you have NO way to contact the person who hired you and let them know.

Do your son and daughter have their own computers??? If so why don't they do each others farms?? Or ask one of their neighbors to do them?? I harvest everynight with one of my neighbors. That way if one of us gets kicked off we can still get back to each others farms. And it happens to us occasionally.
Old May 19 2012, 08:15 AM
Account Not Linked

I just wish people in the market place would actually read what's written under my avatar before hiring. I had it set (prior to getting the chopping tool) to "combine/fish only". I even expressed in the chat box after someone tried hiring me to harvest trees and flowers that I couldn't and didn't want to do those because I didn't have those tools. As we all know, one click harvesting on a farm packed full of trees and flowers is not only time-consuming but for me, a very painstaking task.

Even after mentioning this, the same person then omitted the trees from her hire box but left the flowers. I refused again and once again, stated that I couldn't do flowers. This person then sent me a private message asking me if I actually wanted to do any work at all. I didn't send one back but about to bang my head against the nearest wall lol.

Now I have "combine/fish/chop" under my avatar and I'm pretty sure for most people, considering it's a common practise for a lot of people nowadays, that it indicates what type of work I'm after and tools I have at my disposal. Yet people still try to hire me to harvest their trees and flowers. If I had those tools, I'd simply write, "All tools" or instead of "combine/fish/chop" I'd equally write, "combine/fish/trees", if indeed I had the tree shaker tool. I just wish people, if they can't read what my avatar states, then pay attention to the chat box. End of mini-rant :-)
Old May 19 2012, 09:06 AM

Cropper - the harvesting fields and flowers may have simply been an easier way of hiring you the second time (unchecking one vs. both of those boxes). They actually didn't need to rehire you at all (you could have hidden both and done all the h/p work and fishing). That's when you ask them if they expect you to do their flowers. If they say no, just hide them and get on with the work.

Also, some people have under 20 trees or flowers in total, while some are ludicrous in the numbers of them on their farms (crops, then trees then flowers all over). If someone has the former, I think they'd expect you to do it anyways because it would take under a minute or two. But that's JMO.
Old May 19 2012, 09:17 AM

Default Hiring Multiple People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesa4969 View Post
I am sick of trying to hire people to work on my farm and then receiving nasty messages from them because I hired 2 or 3 people. I have a large farm and if I choose to hire more than one person - that's my choice - it's MY farm.
If I have flowers and trees I'd like them all done... not a worker like a locust who takes the crops and plows and then bolts.
This "solo" tag in the marketplace is just plain rude. If you can't play well with others - don't play the game... cos that's what it is - a game!!!!!
My rant for the day....
Now that I have tools, I don't mind getting hired with others, and I try to leave at least 1/3 if not half for the other person. However, before I had tools, I remember people running over me to the point where I'd harvest 10 squares in total. Those jobs weren't worth it. That is why people like to have their own work where others cannot do it.

If you want your work done quickly, I'd suggest either hiring people for 2-3 farms each, so each one gets their own work, or first hiring someone to do h/p - if they don't have a combine tell them to harvest first (i.e. harvest farm 1, harvest farm 2, harvest farm 3... harvest last farm, plow farm 1...). Then hire someone to chop/fish while your h/p'er is getting started. After a few minutes, then hire someone for trees/flowers so that they don't get the crops that the h/p'er should get.
Old May 19 2012, 10:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by meacara View Post
Cropper - the harvesting fields and flowers may have simply been an easier way of hiring you the second time (unchecking one vs. both of those boxes). They actually didn't need to rehire you at all (you could have hidden both and done all the h/p work and fishing). That's when you ask them if they expect you to do their flowers. If they say no, just hide them and get on with the work.

Also, some people have under 20 trees or flowers in total, while some are ludicrous in the numbers of them on their farms (crops, then trees then flowers all over). If someone has the former, I think they'd expect you to do it anyways because it would take under a minute or two. But that's JMO.
Meacara, I think you may have misunderstood my post. This little exchange took place in the market place, not at anyones farm. Hence why I stated that I refused the hire offer *again* after this person *tried* to hire me. I do not commit myself to a job hire offer unless I am happy with that offer and that is why I attempt to explain my refusal to those that try to hire me for jobs I do not want to do. If, in that case, that they actually do read my reasons in the chat box and still wish to hire me for other jobs, then that is fine with me :-)
Old May 19 2012, 04:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropper View Post
Meacara, I think you may have misunderstood my post. This little exchange took place in the market place, not at anyones farm. Hence why I stated that I refused the hire offer *again* after this person *tried* to hire me. I do not commit myself to a job hire offer unless I am happy with that offer and that is why I attempt to explain my refusal to those that try to hire me for jobs I do not want to do. If, in that case, that they actually do read my reasons in the chat box and still wish to hire me for other jobs, then that is fine with me :-)
If I remember correctly isn't harvesting and trees & havesting and flowers combined in the hire menu if they are not using the multi-hire?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 19 2012, 05:12 PM
Account Not Linked

Yes that's correct Taz, however, there is also another option to harvest crops only. I concede that the farmer in question *may* have clicked on crops and flowers in error as opposed to the crops only option. As I said though, I explained in the chat box that I couldn't do the flowers or harvest the trees and I cannot and will not presume to know if the farmer was either in error, or in fact, wanted me to harvest the flowers if they do not communicate back to me. I simply will not take the chance to accept a hire offer that I do not agree with. I'm quite sure a lot of farmers out there would be happy that I don't agree to a job that I have no intentions of finishing. It all boils down to my initial complaint... i.e not reading!

Last edited by Cropper; May 19 2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: wrong tense.
Old May 22 2012, 11:58 PM

I just started taking jobs in the marketplace as it was a suggestion to make coins. It doesn't work well at all. I don't have the tools. One job they hired another and the other person with the tools did some and left, which was very considerate. However, tonight the other person did even where I was working to harvest one by one, and I didn't even get to plow what I did. They had the combine. Then I went to another section and it didn't show me getting any coins for harvesting, so I wonder if they had actually already harvested it and it just didn't show harvested to me. How rude. If I want to get totally aggravated with this game, Ill work in teh marketplace so I can have people with tools hog all the work. And if I ever work a job again where someone with tools hogs it, I will quit working right away so I can hide them and never hire them on my farm. Since I rarely work on anyone elses farm, it wouldn't hurt me to hide other players as far as I can see.
Old May 28 2012, 12:13 PM

This one is not market related, but along the same lines as the thread. My issue is working neighbors factories and service facilities. We've asked for this before, but nothing has been done about it. Everybody should be able to design their farms the way they want them to look. But getting neighbors to work them should be a seamless process. Many of my neighbors tend to be very considerate and consolidate all their facilities onto as few farms as possible. But then you have some that put 1 or 2 facilities on EVERY single farm. This is extremely time consuming. It's usually lower level players and you want to keep them as neighbors because you know you are helping them out. but why should I have to spend ALOT more time than is necessary just to help them out. I am a higher level player - it takes a minimum of 2-3 hours per day just to do the routine maintenance on my farm (sometimes twice per day-sometimes ALL day). I want to help these people get ahead in the game, but I'm running out of hours in a day to work everybody. And changing neighbors every few weeks is just plain ridiculous. The whole neighbor issue seems to be put on the back burner every time a new release comes out. It's time to address it. Why can't it just go automatically work all facilities on all farms without having to go from farm to farm to farm to farm to farm, etc. etc. etc. Thanks for letting me vent on this issue.....
Old May 28 2012, 04:22 PM

Smile Market hiring practices

HI I would like to see two separate markets for people to go to to get hired for work! One for people that have TOOLS an one for those at lower levels or No TOOLS! I am one that does happen to have ALL the TOOLS an it is very frustrating to get hired for a job an have someone else get hired that doesn't have any tools or also does! I think we should only be able to hire ONE person per visit in the market possibly. Also I do POST Solo Only an yet I still get hired with multiple people on jobs! It is so aggravating at times as it takes a long time for some peoples farms to load only to find out I have to go back to mrket an start all over again! People aren't reading the chat bar at the bottom of the screen for the most part it appears. It is real hard to work when there are several on farms as it slows it way down for one thing an iF someone does NOT have TOOLS its hard to judge how much of the farm to leave for them to do. I do Try to SHARE! Also Not sure anything can be done, but People seem to hire even when there is NOTHING On the farm to do....How are they able to do that? I have gotten hired several times where there are 1 or 2 or 3 things to do an thats it! I mean good grief cant people work on their own farms to do that little amount of work???