Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 08 2014, 02:25 PM

Thumbs up

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new Sunny Cloud - best thing ever on FT - maybe lightening could be next

Thank you so much Raul and the Devs
Old Jan 08 2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Like someone else mentioned that the incentive to purchase the FC tools now is gone. They can use tools of the person that hired them and if they make their farms bigger the only FC tool they would need is the seeder, cause the other things they could hire out to someone that has the FC tools to harvest and plow.

They had the coin tool poll which they should have asked the question in the poll also about using the hiring farmers FC tools, but they only asked about the coin tools.

Now if they would add an option to turn this off, then the ones that wanted that feature would be happy and the ones that doesn't want someone to use their tools would be happy also. That would be win/win.
Perhaps there is a loss of incentive to buy some of the FC tools.... however, perhaps that farmer will be intrigued enough to buy FC facilities. After all, you can make some coin if you harvest and plow for another.... but no where near as much as you can with facilities. So as some point they will have made more coin, increased their inventory, and may not be able to do anything with it except sell it. .
Old Jan 08 2014, 02:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Default but but but

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
I agree with both of you. I don't mind them using their own coin tools, but I bought my tools with real money and now they would get to use them without paying anything.
More than that, I guess my question would be.. whose fuel would be used?
Old Jan 08 2014, 02:41 PM

I love that they can use my tools now I don't have to stand around for long periods of time trying to hire someone in the market place that has the right tools and wouldn't even mind if they had to use my fuel as I have well over 21 million that I can't use up not to mention what I have in storage when I go to refill again. It has been well over a year since I have refueled. Thank you devs for giving them the ability to use my tools.
Old Jan 08 2014, 02:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Post Release Updates - Jan 08th, 3:00PM EST

- We will add soon a check box somewhere for the employer to disable the capability of the employee to use employers tools

How about you highlight these people in the market GREEN so people know they are unwilling to share,and can decide not to help them on their farms.I mean,if we are going to cater to the selfish..let it go both ways.
Old Jan 08 2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosyou? View Post
I am so sad reading people unwilling to share a virtual combine with someone because they think it is unfair at how "hard we had to work" <----------------LAWL
You don't want people to use your fake tools..don't hire anyone..simple as that.That will teach those newbies.I mean,we do not want them gaining levels and beating us at this game do we?We worked hard to get that farming trophy...and I will be darned if some new guy/gal can come in and get one to...because I spent real money on fake things.I also spent real money on FC facilities...I should make sure that they can not get into those as well when I ask for help with my fac's.
Now if you excuse me..I need to go sit over my farm kingdom and laugh at the serfs as they plow 1x1 squares...as is only right.
What's really sad about it is that people have been begging for this very thing for nearly a year and it has NOT been the people without tools. It has been those of us who have all the tools who suggested it in the suggestions thread because without this ability it has become more and more difficult to find reliable help in the market. Too many farmers would come to do our work and either 1) do nothing and not say anything or 2) do part of the work and also not say anything about what they did not do. Both scenarios were because we had "too much" work for them. And now people are complaining because Slashkey did exactly what we wanted so the developers cannot win.
Old Jan 08 2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke81 View Post
How do you use your employers tools? My employers green boat wasn't accessible to me. It was in their storage.
Open the expanded tool box to use the tools. And the tools HAVE to be in their storage to be available and not on their farms.
Old Jan 08 2014, 03:17 PM

[quote=J my other little problem is Polyester fibre there is never enough even with 5 petrochemical plants so it would be great if the output could be increased thank you again for all your hard work x[/QUOTE]

Ditto. We need more Polyester.
Old Jan 08 2014, 03:23 PM

Angry Stop Blaming Slashkey for Taking Farmers' Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't feed the beggers View Post
But they gain everything.....everything I and all the originals had to work so dam hard far, but the newbies get it all handed to them on a silver platter....if I had the option of allowing them tools I wouldn't be so mad about it all, but I have no choice at all. Its bc of me and everyone else that HAS put money into the game that the game is still running strong, it is bc of us they continue to do the updates....well this update just bit us in the butt, I'd show you the big chunk missing from mine but my butt ain't pretty lol
No. They gave those of us with all the tools exactly what we have been begging for in the suggestions thread for over a year now. This is just the ability to hire people to do the work we want without having to waste time searching for a person with exactly the tool we need or being told "sure! I'll do trees" only to have the worker leave immediately after they arrive instead of working. It was NOT farmers without tools who made this suggestion in the first place, but some of us who were getting tired of spending more time in the hiring process than actually farming. If you do not want farmers to be able to use your tools, then you can remove them from storage and place them on your farms since the tools must be in storage for employees to use them in the expanded tool box.
Old Jan 08 2014, 03:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
What's really sad about it is that people have been begging for this very thing for nearly a year and it has NOT been the people without tools. It has been those of us who have all the tools who suggested it in the suggestions thread because without this ability it has become more and more difficult to find reliable help in the market. Too many farmers would come to do our work and either 1) do nothing and not say anything or 2) do part of the work and also not say anything about what they did not do. Both scenarios were because we had "too much" work for them. And now people are complaining because Slashkey did exactly what we wanted so the developers cannot win.
I don't think anyone is blaming Slashkey, I know I don't, and not everyone has been begging for this to be added, I noticed that they are adding the option to opt out, which is fair for the ones that didn't beg for it, this should make everyone happy. Everyone has the right to their opinion whether anyone agrees with it or not.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Closed Thread