Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Dec 29 2014, 08:51 PM

I think some of those hiring people are too lazy to go to their farms to see which ones are ready, so they just check them all off. I have had so many hires where multiple farms are checked off and only a few are to be worked. I have not had a situation where there was no work.
Old Dec 29 2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomReader40 View Post
I've been wondering if there is some error with me or what is going on. Most time when I get hired by people they show a lot of farms to be worked on and there is no work anywhere. I even did a lot of jumping around and still nothing. Though I seem to be having issues with loading into other peoples farms so I'm not sure what is up with that. I am trying to work through the guides to see what can help.

I have so far determined its on my end but the question for my post is doesn't slashkey have a way for people not to hire someone if there is nothing on the other end of a field block that did have something to work on?
I get that a lot too. Hired for 20 farms and nothing to do on any of them.I think the hirer is just trying to get people out of the market place so they can get a job.
Old Dec 30 2014, 04:12 AM

yes very annoying when someone hires you for 20-24 farms and they have like 1 or 2 trees on each farm.

I had someone hire me to plow 5 plots not 5 farms but 5 plots like seriously are they that lazy they can't plow 5 measly plots.

I will check to see which farms are ready and then go to the market place and then hire someone and tick the appropriate farms.
Old Dec 30 2014, 09:21 AM

Thanks for the replies. At least now I know I"m not imagining things.

I've gone to my Firefox browser and it seems to be helping though I am thinking now I might be having an issue with the computer itself. Hopefully it will hold on until I can get it fixed up.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6352&farm_ix=1
Old Jan 15 2015, 10:29 AM

I searched throughout the threads and couldn't find an answer, so if I missed it-I am sorry.

I understand that neighbors & people on the buddy list do not qualify for the bonus chest, but do regular friends who are not your neighbor get it ??

Has anyone tried this with a friend??
Old Jan 15 2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen.of.Clutter View Post
I searched throughout the threads and couldn't find an answer, so if I missed it-I am sorry.

I understand that neighbors & people on the buddy list do not qualify for the bonus chest, but do regular friends who are not your neighbor get it ??

Hi Queen.of.Clutter

I havent tried to hire a friend to check if they can get the bonus chest.

But you need to consider that all your friends are your neighbors for the game, the only difference is when you send neighbors requests, then that person become in your "close" neighbor because they are showing up in the neighbors bar below the game screen.So I almost sure they cant get the bonus chest.
Old Jan 15 2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:

Ok, I was hired by one of my facebook friends, I went to her farm, and then we both went to marketplace. She hired me to harvest, and I got the bonus chest.
Old Jan 18 2015, 01:49 PM

I did not read all 171 pages of comments here but randomly read about 50 different posts to get an idea of what people are complaining about. I have had problems with hiring people and having them only do select items and leaving the rest. I put them on my "no hire" list and don't ever hire them again. This list is getting rather lengthy. I also have issues trying to find people to fish, but no big deal if I don't. I don't have that much fishing to do and can easily do it myself in about 5 minutes.

I don't assume that if someone does not respond to my request right away that they are ignoring me. The speed and RAM of ones computer greatly affects the speed with which they can play the game and respond to requests. Prior to purchasing my new computer back in April, I specifically requested that I NOT be hired to do layers as I knew that the game would crash for me. Big farms were also a problem even if they were not layered. I could do them, but each one got slower and slower. Even with my new computer and my 12 RAM and fast processor, some of the layered farms and "mega" farms run pathetically slow.

I put out there that I am interested in solo jobs only because I DON'T have any of the big tools, only the coin tools. If I am hired along with someone with a large combine, I don't get to do anything and simply leave. People DO have their legitimate reasons for wanting to be hired solo........its usually not greed, but speed and no big tools. So, don't assume that people who are requesting solo only are just being greedy.

I have a touch screen and with my arthritic hands, is much easier to use than a mouse. It's also much faster than a mouse when harvesting and plowing. I find it almost comical when I am hired to do a job and I begin the job as the only worker there and then suddenly there is another worker there who is accusing me of being greedy because I can harvest/plow faster with my touch screen than they can with a mouse. I also get annoyed because I requested solo only. Of course I'm going to make sure that I finish the farm because I want my bonus chest. After that farm is done, if the other worker has no tools and there are multiple farms, I move to the last farm and begin to work my way back to the first. That way we BOTH have farms to harvest and we can both work solo and won't be irritating each other. If the other person has tools, I leave and send the employer a note thanking them for hiring me but that I will find other employment as I simply cannot compete with someone who can finish the entire farm if four clicks leaving me with nothing. It that offends an employer, sorry. I did ask to be hired solo.

I also do not refuse any job and have no problem stating that I do ALL jobs. If I accept a job, I finish the job (except as stated above) unless some technical problem boots me off, like today when the game suddenly came to a screeching halt, not just for me but lots of players including the person I had hired. Occasionally I will get a phone call that I MUST take while working for someone else, but that rarely happens. Caller ID tells me if it is an important call or one that can wait.

I guess my point is, the it is a cyber world and you cannot assume anything about the other people in the market place (unless you have had bad experiences with specific individuals previously). It is a game, and people have different reasons for playing the game, different goals for the game and different ideas about whether it is competitive or just for fun. Bottom line, IT'S A GAME! One that some people take entirely too seriously.
Old Jan 19 2015, 01:24 AM

Default You are lucky to find anyone in the Market Place Queen of Cutter

Quote:

You arelucky to find anyone in the Market Place from the August update until the November update I found not a single person in the MARKET PLACE and from the AFTERNOON before the levels update again no one in the Market Place and have to do everything myself. If yopu don't like what others are doing do it yourself.
Old Jan 24 2015, 12:14 AM

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question or not, but I couldn't find another place. I was hired earlier tonight and accidentally clicked on something that took me completely out of farm town. Is there a way to get back to the farm you were hired on if this happens? I like to finish all work when I am hired for a farm and do not want the farmer to think I left intentionally. The farmer was not a neighbor of mine, so i don't know how to get back in touch with him.

Thanks!

Bethany