Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 18 2014, 12:01 PM
Account Not Linked

i was leery of letting people use my fuel until i refueled and got 15 million fuel. when you're not working the market, it builds up pretty good. so i've checked that box and will leave it checked.

i'm also thinking that if someone runs out of fuel while working for me, it will be much easier for both of us if i've allowed them to use my fuel to finish.

i immediately checked Let employees use my tools when it came out as i know how many weeks of carpal tunnel aggravating clicking it takes to build up enough xp to buy tools. i also know it costs 480 FC to buy what i consider (with my sore hands) to be the minimum of 8x8 seeder, combine. not to mention a shaker, chainsaw, flower picker. and then if you want a boat or fertilizer or irrigator...

this game is aging and new people can only benefit us all. however, keeping new people frustrated doesn't help anyone. so... use my tools and fuel and stick around till you can it pay forward.
Old Jul 18 2014, 12:08 PM

That is my feeling too, Eradani, I let them use my tools because it takes a while to build up and know the feeling on the carpal tunnel!!! I was just wondering because I had read other people stating that they won't allow others to use theirs, so was just wondering what their motivation was for that, but didn't want to seem dumb and ask!!! I will continue allowing the use of my tools and fuel, since that seems to be the majority sentiment... thanks!!
Old Jul 18 2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslikay62963 View Post
Woobie I am looking for some new neighbors, I quit playing for about 2 years and have started back up again, now all my old neighbors have quit too!! I am almost level 400 and have most tools, and I hate trying to hire at marketplace, and I won't hire the people who change their status and only want certain things or who constantly are begging to be hired... I think they are asking for work, they should take what they get... So looking for like-minded people to add, can I add you or you add me to your buddy list?? If so, I will post link to my farm....

Hi!!

If you are looking for neighbors, you need to post in the following thread

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

Please read the first post, first page of that thread for instruction on how to get a link to your facebook profile.
Old Jul 18 2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
That is my feeling too, Eradani, I let them use my tools because it takes a while to build up and know the feeling on the carpal tunnel!!! I was just wondering because I had read other people stating that they won't allow others to use theirs, so was just wondering what their motivation was for that, but didn't want to seem dumb and ask!!! I will continue allowing the use of my tools and fuel, since that seems to be the majority sentiment... thanks!!
Exactly since playing as we all did when we first started harvesting/plowing one plow at a time, one tree at a time etc.. isn't really doable anymore. With the size of the farms now, and multiple farms and the layering it would take hours for someone with no tools to do one 30x30 farm that has layered crops and forests of trees let. They would be working 24 hrs straight if they were hired for all 23 farms.

I have noticed something when I have been hired to do all jobs. More often than not the person who hires me has the largest available harvest/plow tools and combines and tree tools but no fishing or flower tools other than the coin tools. The few I have asked have all said the same thing. They aren't worth buying because you get nothing for it.
Would more people buy the fishing and flower tools if there was more incentive to do these jobs?
Old Jul 18 2014, 01:19 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
Exactly since playing as we all did when we first started harvesting/plowing one plow at a time, one tree at a time etc.. isn't really doable anymore. With the size of the farms now, and multiple farms and the layering it would take hours for someone with no tools to do one 30x30 farm that has layered crops and forests of trees let. They would be working 24 hrs straight if they were hired for all 23 farms.

I have noticed something when I have been hired to do all jobs. More often than not the person who hires me has the largest available harvest/plow tools and combines and tree tools but no fishing or flower tools other than the coin tools. The few I have asked have all said the same thing. They aren't worth buying because you get nothing for it.
Would more people buy the fishing and flower tools if there was more incentive to do these jobs?
Since they allowed coin tools to be used I can't see anyone with no tools, work a few neighbors facilities and you should be able to get enough coins to purchase the 3x3 tools, it isn't as good as using the 4x4's up to the 12x12's, but it is better than nothing until they can purchase the FC tools. They can plant a field or two of Acorn Squash and get enough for some or all of the higher coin tools.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jul 18 2014, 04:07 PM
Account Not Linked

if someone has a 24x24 farm that is fully plowed with only 1 layer:

tool - clicks to h/p
1x1 - 2048
3x3 - 242
4x4 - 128
5x5 - 72
5x5 combine - 49
6x6 combine - 36
8x8 combine - 16
10x10 combine - 16
12x12 combine - 9

i just can't imagine hiring someone and forcing them to do 100+ clicks because i won't let them use my combine.
Old Jul 19 2014, 05:36 AM
Account Not Linked

most of my farms are large (34 X 34 or 36 X 36) single layer - the reason I bought the tools was to work faster - it costs me nothing to allow the employee to use my tools and allows them to finish faster - kind of a no brainer to allow the use.
regarding fuel - there are many tasks that require fuel - I prefer to have the one person I hire finish everything they are hired for - if they run out of fuel and go away then I have to go back to the market place and rehire - it's been almost a year since I refueled and with 19 oil pumps 4 refineries and 5 trains I'm sure that after I refuel it'll be another year or so before I have to do it again - as far as etiquette is concerned if you appreciate having the option of using someone else's fuel should you run out mid-job then allowing use of your own fuel should also be a no-brainer.
Old Jul 19 2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
I am also wondering what is the etiquette on allowing others to use your fuel and tools?? This is new since the last time I played this game, so not sure... On the fuel, I feel that they are helping me and if I had to do it myself, I'd be using my fuel, but at the same time, they are getting bonuses and xp for helping me, so the trade off would be they use their own fuel?? Right now, I allow my fuel to be used, but have noticed most farms I work at, I am using the employers fuel, not mine... Also, wondering about allowing use of my tools?? The only thing I can see as a drawback is that I am the one who spent the real actual cash to buy them, so why should I give someone else the ability to use mine, if they can't get their own?? Is that the reasoning?? Just wanting the latest etiquette LOL
Be generous and let your employers use your tools, there are far from everyone who can afford to buy tools... I have all the tools and prefer to hire those who have non and low levels, helping and sharing is what I enjoy most in this game, I remember very well how it was when I started.
Old Jul 19 2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo terry View Post
most of my farms are large (34 X 34 or 36 X 36) single layer - the reason I bought the tools was to work faster - it costs me nothing to allow the employee to use my tools and allows them to finish faster - kind of a no brainer to allow the use.
regarding fuel - there are many tasks that require fuel - I prefer to have the one person I hire finish everything they are hired for - if they run out of fuel and go away then I have to go back to the market place and rehire - it's been almost a year since I refueled and with 19 oil pumps 4 refineries and 5 trains I'm sure that after I refuel it'll be another year or so before I have to do it again - as far as etiquette is concerned if you appreciate having the option of using someone else's fuel should you run out mid-job then allowing use of your own fuel should also be a no-brainer.
The main reason I have bought tools is because all the clicking made my right arm hurt, kind of static pain... I am sure I am not the only one. As I enjoy FT but do not want either me nor employers to suffer from an "industrial injury" I share my tools... I share my fuel too.
Old Aug 07 2014, 07:19 PM

Am I the only one who is finding it harder and harder to get an employee to finish what they start? I am doing more and more of my own harvesting/plowing and other jobs because those I hire don't finish the jobs I hire them for. They accept the job, turn up on the farm and then leave without doing anything or only do the harvesting/plowing and leave the trees, flowers etc.. I almost lost two sugarcane farms today because the person I hired came and left without doing anything. I went to the farm with the employee so I know she was there and she was still there when I left I shouldn't have to babysit those I hire to make sure they do the job.