Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 27 2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeckner80 View Post
For my quest, there are several boxes and all are checked green except the one for latex, which says nothing harvested yet even though I over 8500 in storage. That is the part I don't understand clearly. ????
All of the actions have to be completed AFTER you accept the Quest. You you will need to produce the latex, as you could have 1 trillion in stock, and it still wouldn't matter.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Jan 27 2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Jan 27, 8:30PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 6 new Crops: You can already earn Belts and Dans on them.

Scallions
Alfalfa
Coriander (Cilantro Seeds)
Saffron
Brussels Sprout
Chickpeas

2. 25 New Levels (Coming sometime next week): About 60 items all in coins.

3. 26x26 Farm Expansions for Farms 11 and 12: Here are the prices -> 3,000,000,000 Coins or 25 FarmCash.

4. Farm 13: Here are the prices in coins (FC prices remains the same):

12 x 12 Farm 13: 13000000
14 x 14 Upgrade: 10000000
16 x 16 Upgrade: 11000000
18 x 18 Upgrade: 12000000
20 x 20 Upgrade: 1300000000
22 x 22 Upgrade: 1400000000
24 x 24 Upgrade: 1500000000
26 x 26 Upgrade: 3000000000

5. Quests: There is a new icon in the extended tool bar (Mystery Dice) that will allow you to accept new Quests. Here are the rules:

- Quests are only enabled for users at level 30 or higher

- You can only accept 1 Quest per day and it has to be completed before it expires

- You can have several active Quests at the same time depending on your level, here is the table:

Level 30.....1 Max Active Quests
Level 50.....2 Max Active Quests
Level 100....3 Max Active Quests
Level 150....4 Max Active Quests
Level 200....5 Max Active Quests

- A Quest has several steps and it will be completed when all its steps are completed

- Roll your mouse over each Quest Step to find out what needs to be done

- You will earn prizes every time you complete a Quest. The prize in coins will be higher depending on:

a) How fast the Quest was completed
b) The complexity of the Quest (amount of Quest Steps)
c) User Level

- In the future the Mayor might occasionally award you 1 FarmCash and/or ingredients based on your performance in previous Quests

- Right now, Quest Steps need to be completed by working by yourself in your farm or facilities. That is to say, crops or products you get as a bonus working for others, as gifts or by trading at the market won't count, but they will in the future. For now, if you hire others to harvest it wont count either, this may change as well.

- You can use any tool when harvesting, fishihg, etc.

6. Belts and Dans for Facility Products: The next 25 Facilities (in order of appearance in the Store) now have Belts and Dans enabled for each product. With each Belt or Dan you achieve you will increase your chances of getting a "free" Batch automatically for every Batch you start from that point on. Free Batches means that a new Batch is sent to production without consuming any ingredients or coins. See previous Release Post for the benefit % table.

7. Content Changes:

- Mineral Mine now produces Salt
- Cotton crop maturity reduced from 4 days to 3 days
- Sports Accessories Factory now produces Pool Cue Set, Pool Table Brush, Dart Set and Dartboards
- Furniture Factory now produces Pub Tables
- Glass Factory now produces Lantern Glass
- Duplicated production output for the Scented Candles

8. Explorer Accessories Factory (coins): Produces Accessories for Explorer Enthusiasts.

Camping Tent
Mosquito Net
Swiss Knife
Hiking Pole
Rescue Whistle
Signal Mirror
Folding Grill
Candle Lantern

9. Hibachi Japanese Restaurant (FC): Produces Hibachi Food.

Sake Shots
Sushi Combo
Grilled Tofu Steak
Hibachi Vegetables
Hibachi Steak
Hibachi Chicken
Hibachi Seafood
Banana Tempura

10. Explorer Shop (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Hammock
Tea Kettle
Camping Tent
Mosquito Net
Swiss Knife
Hiking Pole
Rescue Whistle
Signal Mirror
Folding Grill
Candle Lantern
Veggie Snack
Walnut Snack
Pistachios Snack
Chocolate Peanuts

11. Pub (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

FarmTown Beer
FarmTown Strong Beer
FarmTown Honey Beer
Calamari Rings
Mushroom Burger
Grilled Chicken Burger
Supreme Burger
Cod and Chips
Haddock and Onion Rings
Pool Cue Set
Pool Table Brush
Dart Set
Dartboard
Pub Table

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Fixes - Jan 25, 10:50PM EST:

- The 'Quests' feature described in point #5 above is now live.

Post Release Fixes - Jan 27, 8:30PM EST:

- Issue -> When completing a Quest Step by clicking the +30 or +All button the Quest Manager shows that you have to wait until all the products you just started gets done

Status -> The issue above should be fixed now for future quests. For quests that have been created already, we made it so all timers were reset to 0 so you will not have to wait on products that were currently being made.

Known Issues:

- The facility product Belt popups are frustrating some users, we will release an update soon that will allow you to disable them in the current session
Thank you Raul
Old Jan 27 2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassemjr View Post
All of the actions have to be completed AFTER you accept the Quest. You you will need to produce the latex, as you could have 1 trillion in stock, and it still wouldn't matter.
Thanks. That's not good when certain crops and trees take up to four days and you may have just harvested that item just before you get the quest. You could end up having to wait that full amount of time if you had just harvested. Fortunately, I have only 13 hrs to wait for my rubber trees to be ready.

Appreciate the fast reply.
Old Jan 27 2012, 08:34 PM

Talking

Quote:
Thanks. That's not good when certain crops and trees take up to four days and you may have just harvested that item just before you get the quest. You could end up having to wait that full amount of time if you had just harvested. Fortunately, I have only 13 hrs to wait for my rubber trees to be ready.

i have set up a 'quest farm' with some of each tree and flower that i will not harvest ... fortunately they dont go to waste .. so when i need them i can harvest for the current quest ..
i also did 9x plots of each crop that might be needed ..keep them watered, fertilized and harvest and replace before they go bad ... hope i can keep it up
Old Jan 27 2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I ran into that with oranges. I just harvested all my oranges yesterday and today I needed them for a new quest. I now have to wait for them to be ready again. I think going forward I will stagger my harvesting of trees so that I can have some ready every day in case a quest needs them.
Old Jan 27 2012, 08:43 PM

Ok. These quests could be SERIOUSLY addictive! I just love them! I'm tempted to say can we please, please, please not have to wait a whole day for the next one??? But then I would NEVER leave my computer.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 27 2012, 09:11 PM

Quests? Sounds too much like Zynga. No thanks...
Old Jan 27 2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa1fy View Post
Quests? Sounds too much like Zynga. No thanks...
They are nothing like the Zynga Quests. So far, everyone had reported that the quest was for a normal item that is produced in one of the facilities. The steps actions to be completed are every step of the production process. From harvesting or ordering the raw ingredients and processing them through the steps to the finished product.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Jan 27 2012, 09:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Quests that use 3 and 4 day trees and crops allow you 7 days to complete which is plenty of time. In the mean time you can start another quest each day and have several running at the same time.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 27 2012, 09:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Ok. These quests could be SERIOUSLY addictive! I just love them! I'm tempted to say can we please, please, please not have to wait a whole day for the next one??? But then I would NEVER leave my computer.
That is a Farm Town day, so you only have to wait 20 hours...
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread