Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 27 2012, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornyroo View Post
yep ive completed two today. it will show a green tick on the item in the top left - the item the quest was made - you will see black writing above saying quest is complete

there is a button at the bottom saying "redeem prize"

i got 6 mil plus for the big one i completed, and 3 mil plus for the second easier quest..

thats gonna add up if u can do one a day..

and Ive so got these thing worked out now
WHAT ?!?! No smiley stamp ??

Thanks for that. Prizes like that will go a long way towards buy expansions and new farms.

I'm looking forward to seeing two complete tomorrow.

Old Jan 27 2012, 06:44 AM

Just wanted to thank Raul and Devs for the quests.. Think I'm going to enjoy these.

Also Thank you Taz D and Horneyroo...by reading your posts I was able to figure the procedure out.

I appreciate your help.

Fritz
Old Jan 27 2012, 07:15 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
One a day is all you get...
OH! lol.. thanks Taz .. thought I wasnt understanding it properly! I thought I read that you could have multiple quests going.. but that might be when you get longer quests.. the ones im getting at the moment are rather short! Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 27 2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornyroo View Post
thats what confused me too, and yes your right.. heres what if ugred out so far

as long as youve harvest/chop/fished for the raw ingredients.. you can then proceed to click for the others in your faciltities - dont do the click all thing

at this point im going in manually and clicking each item the amount i need to (this may not be necessary, im still working on that)

as long as you can make the final product from what you have in storage (not from what u made in the quest panel - again i was getting confused there) as soon as the final product the quest requires times out its complete, wether or not the ingredients you used were finished.
Thanks - that makes it a whole lot quicker. Will try it on the next one.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jan 27 2012, 09:03 AM

Thanks devs!! I think the Quests are going to be great fun and a good addition to the game....except for one problem that has been mentioned. I'm really NOT complaining or whining (much), but eventually I know that I will get a Quest for an end product that I don't own the facility to produce...example..If I get one for a Doll, I own everything else to produce raw materials, but I don't have the Toy Factory.

Would it be possible for you to allow us to skip a Quest that we can't do and continue immediately to the next one?? or will we just have to be patient and wait until the next day?

Once I read several previous posts, I finally realized that just because I had accidentally loaded my metal mill to 100%, I didn't have to wait for the 282 hours that were listed in the black circle. Once the sheets I needed were produced, I was able to continue on.

Since a lot of us are posting what our first few Quests are, here goes mine!

Produce 4 Vanity Mirror
Harvest Maple Log Pile, then produce Maple Lumber, start iron ore, chromite ore, quartz rock, soda crystals, aluminum ore, (whew!!) then continue and start flat glass sheet, aluminum sheet, stainless steel sheet, sink & faucet, mirror glass sheet, and FINALLY, produce Vanity with Mirror!!
12 steps to get to that Vanity.

Boy, was it worth it!! ...11,934,000 coins Whoo-hoo

Off to complete my 2nd Quest which is MUCH simpler...Produce 5 Stainless Steel Sheets. (iron ore and chromite ore then sheets)

Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions and feedback. We'll continue to learn from each other.

Deborah
Old Jan 27 2012, 09:17 AM

My question is this: While doing a quest, should we refrain from filling our facilities and posting them for neighbors to work? Will this interfere with our quests?
Old Jan 27 2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
My question is this: While doing a quest, should we refrain from filling our facilities and posting them for neighbors to work? Will this interfere with our quests?
no you carry on with normal facility work... just remember that when dong quests to start the items for the quest in single batches, once you have started the single batches, and the quest recognises that, then fill them as normal.

The devs know about that small glitch and will hopefully fix it so you wont have to do single batches for the quests

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Jan 27 2012, 09:24 AM

Because this was added to Raul's original post:

Known Issues:

- The facility product Belt popups are frustrating some users, we will release an update soon that will allow you to disable them in the current session

- When completing a Quest Step by clicking the +30 or +All button the Quest Manager shows that you have to wait until all the products you just started gets done, you should wait only for the amounts of products needed to complete the quest step

My understanding is that adding ingredients one batch at a time is temporary. Is that your understanding?
Old Jan 27 2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
Because this was added to Raul's original post:

Known Issues:

- The facility product Belt popups are frustrating some users, we will release an update soon that will allow you to disable them in the current session

- When completing a Quest Step by clicking the +30 or +All button the Quest Manager shows that you have to wait until all the products you just started gets done, you should wait only for the amounts of products needed to complete the quest step

My understanding is that adding ingredients one batch at a time is temporary. Is that your understanding?
Yes that is correct, the 1 at a time is a temporary glitch

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Jan 27 2012, 09:55 AM

Thanks so much for the clarification on the quests. I think I understand now, and if what you're saying is true, I won't have to wait 6 days for my unicycle..it should just finish up today even if I still have black circles on individual ingredients.

Also, thank you so much for adding the quests. I took a several month break from Farm Town because it was just getting monotonous. Now that the quests are live, I'm back and ready to go!
Closed Thread