Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 05 2011, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
You got 2 degrees of Dan in one afternoon??? My hopeful spirt just got dashed again! LOL
I am growing a LOT of roses LOL!!!
Old Jun 05 2011, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simera View Post
What happens if we who are against the whole "Belt-thingy" just ignore all of the Pop-Ups?? We will be hanging back of the others, or what??
It has *always* been expressed within this Forum that the FT-game isn't some competition . . . so what about now??

And most of all; what is being done about all of the crops we missed during this last "Belt-Update"?? Thanks for any information.

Regards
Simera
From how I understand it if you dont agree with the belt "thingy" and dont post you just wont get the bonuses. But you will still get the belts and the extra % crops. Its not that bad surely? Some of the glitches have been ironed out and I dare say it will need more tweaking as Raul puts it.

Last edited by maggiel29; Jun 05 2011 at 04:59 AM.
Old Jun 05 2011, 05:15 AM

Default Returning to work

I can live with the belt system if after you post it returns you to the farm you were on and to the harvest mode you were..
Old Jun 05 2011, 06:10 AM

I play every day. No layering. Still no brown belt. Please don't be talked into raising the bar for advancement. Belts were a brilliant idea, I love them more as I understand them better. Thank you.
Old Jun 05 2011, 06:27 AM

the belt system is not working for me at all. I get error messages when I try to post for bonuses, telling me to try again later, when there is no option to do so -- so I don't get the bonuses nor the opportunity to earn more coins. this sucks!
Old Jun 05 2011, 06:42 AM

Now that I have had some time to experience the belts in their adjusted form, I can say we're getting closer to having a really good system, but we're not there yet. My main issue currently is the 3 hour limit. By the time I go through and click on a few of my neighbor's links, I've reached my limit and I can't receive bonuses for of any links I post. Since belts are still pretty easy to achieve (given that I have several neighbors who have posted dan belt posts already and I have several brown belts with very little effort) it means that we are going to get a lot of these posts for a short period of time and then nothing. Honestly, I'd rather just see the bonus posts just go away and give me a big bonus when I earn each belt. Or, failing that, make the belts much more difficult so that the posts for them are spread out over a much longer period of time. I don't see many posts for ingredient requests anymore, and to me those are more useful because you can get multiple ingredients from one post.
Old Jun 05 2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
I just posted in the other thread of this topic - but for myself and my nine farming friends - we like this new reward/belt system and appreciate all the efforts of Raul and the other Developers.
I wouldn't mind betting the vast majority of people playing are happy or at best indifferent about the belts and most dont mind - it is IMHO only a few who are so incensed they feel the need to write about it.
Feedback is good - but some of the sheer abuse and bad manners that has been displayed on this subject is quite frankly appaling!
I have read thru every single post and I didn't see sheer abuse and bad manners. (There may have been some that were deleted quickly by mods, that I didn't see.)

I gave my opinion (negative) about the belts. However, I don't know that I sounded incensed. I detest them, I refuse to post to my Face Book wall and fill it with, in my opinion a copy cat of zynga game requirements.
If we don't give opinions, both pro and con, the developers could just assume that everything is just great.
What I do know, is that there are several million people that play Farm Town, but if you look thru the forum, only a few hundred at most ever post. Perhaps many more read the forum and agree or disagree with a particular topic, but feel like their opinion doesn't matter, or they just don't care enough to post.
I know that positive words usually SOUND & READ better than negative words, but a difference of opinion, and suggested solutions for something I feel is not good, is just that. Not rude, or sheer abuse or bad manners.
Thanks,
Deb
Old Jun 05 2011, 07:56 AM

I just earned two degrees of Dan in one harvest of onions. Huh? How is that more challenging? And there has been constant feedback by so many users over the years about less popups and less wall posts that adding a feature to the game that exponentially increases both is disheartening.

I've been playing this game since May 2009 and what I've always loved about it is that I'm not totally dependent upon constant interaction with other farmers to earn this or that and that it was totally different from that other farming game. Given my love for this game, I've spent hundreds of hours (ok probably thousands ) playing it and spending hundreds of dollars to support the development of it by buying every single Farmcash tool and building there is. I don't say this lightly but I'm seriously considering whether to continue at this point. Rather than adding a belt system that seems eerily similar to the mastery levels on that other game, I wish the time had been spent to work out some of the ongoing bugs in the game that affect most players at one time or another.

Please Raul and team, do not try and become a copy of that other farming game. You have always had a much better product to offer and it would be such a shame to see all that innovation wasted.
Old Jun 05 2011, 07:56 AM

I was here that first night beating up on Raul LMAO! Of course his mind is so much further forward than mine... But what he did by adding the option to post or not to post before the request box opens up, is all that it took for me to accept the belt system.

Most of my neighbors now wait and only post the black belt, and the posts are far and few in just 2 days.

Way to go !
++

MAIN ACCOUNT
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=690252375
Old Jun 05 2011, 07:58 AM

Angry crops missing from storage

I have now harvested THREE farms with sugarcane and peanuts and none reaches my storage, and of course do NOT register for belt credit. I understand others are having the same problem since the belts were introduced. (I'm not being allowed to post on facebook for bonuses and coins when notified other crops have reached belt status either)
Closed Thread