Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 20 2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post
Farm 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a GREAT idea!! Many farmers hired, have left because...you just furnished the answer!! Tnx, again!!!
Old Apr 20 2011, 12:02 PM

Sandie Angel
Old Apr 20 2011, 05:18 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
"quote" "I don't know how slow you harvest, but I had to wait 7 minutes for my avatar to finish harvesting on one farm so I could wrap up the plowing in multi-hire" unquote

I have actually had my avatar stand completely still and the whole field was harvested, but i couldn't plow a single plot. I had to have the owner come back and rehire me to plow. It was NOT a stacked field. Sort of defeated the multi hire thing.
Its like that for many ppl cause the servers too slow, and the less ram you have the worse it gets too.

You have to have a brand new pc with all the bells and whistles to keep up with farmtown.

I only have 2 gigs of ram and a 256 mb videocard, so even tho i have roadrunner highspeed FT servers still suck big time.
Every 60 seconds the server gets stuck and i have to force the game to give me the retry panel.
It blows big ones
Old Apr 21 2011, 01:19 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosses View Post
Thanks so much for the improvements You are always making!! I haven't seen this question in other threads..So how do I use the multiple hiring tool? I have been hired twice with it,and it makes it SO much easier on me and I'm sure the farmer who hired me!! Once more, how do hire people utilizing the new hiring "tool", please. Thanks many times over!!!
Go to the market and click a farmer to hire them as normal. Now, instead of choices like chop, fish etc. there's another choice - multi-hire. Click that and you can choose the jobs you want them to do. Then you choose which farm.

Takes a while, but while you're still in the market, your choices of jobs stay selected when you multi-hire so you can try someone else.
Old Apr 21 2011, 05:28 AM

First of all I want to thank you for LISTENING to us and making improvements accordingly. This is a fun game with few glitches! I'd appreciate more levels on the next upgrade. Don't really need anymore farms, there is only so much time in a day. I've been trying to max out facilities and that was ok for a while, but now I need more levels for the challenge. I mean, when you fuel up and get 700,000 gallons of fuel, there really isn't a challenge anymore with that type of stuff.

Thanks
Old Apr 21 2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Goose View Post
Its like that for many ppl cause the servers too slow, and the less ram you have the worse it gets too.

You have to have a brand new pc with all the bells and whistles to keep up with farmtown.

I only have 2 gigs of ram and a 256 mb videocard, so even tho i have roadrunner highspeed FT servers still suck big time.
Every 60 seconds the server gets stuck and i have to force the game to give me the retry panel.
It blows big ones
There must be another variable besides this configuration. I have the same 2G ram and I'm sure my video card isn't 256MB, but I'm not having the problems you are. They're always wanting to know which server people are on when they're having problems. Maybe that's where the problem lies. Because I certainly don't have "all the bells and whistles" on this old computer.
Old Apr 21 2011, 12:50 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamblyne View Post
There must be another variable besides this configuration. I have the same 2G ram and I'm sure my video card isn't 256MB, but I'm not having the problems you are. They're always wanting to know which server people are on when they're having problems. Maybe that's where the problem lies. Because I certainly don't have "all the bells and whistles" on this old computer.
We dont have the same set up on myspace that FB has.

we all default to server 10 but when we click "retry", it rotates to 9, 8, 7, and 3. it rarely recovers on the lower servers. most of the time we have to click retry untill the ring around the servers goes back to 10 again.

Dont know what or why anymore. While working job on FT, i only use about 50% of my ram and only 22% of my page fileing virtual ram. So i have more than enough on my end.
Its just the slow servers on FT

Last edited by Duck Duck Goose; Apr 21 2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old Apr 21 2011, 04:09 PM

In the rush of getting my new facilities up and running I only briefly checked out the new buildings and decorations.

I decided to do some remodeling today and discovered many new decorative items. Wanted to say a special thank you.
Old Apr 21 2011, 07:28 PM

one of these days .... i really do intend to come here when i dont have a problem ...
however, .. things have been goin pretty well until just now ..
i havent requested any ingredients for 11 hours
but when i click on the request for ingredients button i get a pop up sayin i have to wait 3 hrs
any body else having this problem
thanks .. (and i really do love ft)

Last edited by susieq30549; Apr 21 2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: nevermind .... it works now ... just a hickup, i guess
Old Apr 21 2011, 09:32 PM

I just noticed that I was able to work my neighbors' farms twice in the same day. Previously I would get a message that I had already worked the farm. What is the time span for how long you have to wait before you can work a neighbor's farm again? In one case, I know for a fact that I worked the same farm within 10 hours of working it the first time. I'm pretty confident that wouldn't have been possible yesterday.
Closed Thread