Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Nov 30 2021, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia Haskin View Post
My #6 farm has many misplaced farm plots. I originally posted this as #7 by mistake. I've tried to clear the memcache as advised, but still has not been fixed. Please advise.

Virginia Haskin
Hi Virginia,
I moved your post to the thread about Display Issues

The first time you posted about this problem, your post was moved and answered in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...22#post6469722

If those misplaced plots have not gone away you will need to clear that farm of the field plots and replow it all.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Nov 30 2021 at 10:45 AM.
Old Nov 30 2021, 11:43 PM

wishing they would bring back the option of highlighting fertilized crops, it makes planting farms with overlapping fields much easier (or is the removal of this option a subtle way of discouraging users from overlapping said fields, forcing them to pay exorbitant costs for expanding existing farms, or buying more of them?)

"Do, or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

A house is not a home without a cat.
Old Dec 01 2021, 12:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker View Post
wishing they would bring back the option of highlighting fertilized crops, it makes planting farms with overlapping fields much easier (or is the removal of this option a subtle way of discouraging users from overlapping said fields, forcing them to pay exorbitant costs for expanding existing farms, or buying more of them?)
Hi supertrucker,
If you wish to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 21 2021, 03:27 AM
Account Not Linked

I notice when visiting the Market that often other avatars appear on my farm when returning to my farm although I believe they are not really there, but it is disturbing. Of course when I reload the game they have gone. This is an old issue that has happened before. and appears from time to time. It seems to be back and happening most of the time recently. It is obliviously a display issue of some kind.

I have also have noticed that when posting bonuses or to work facilities that they often do not post to our timeline. I know this is probably a FB issue. The problem is when they don't post to our timeline people can not always catch up on requests as the farm town posts under "FT requests" only hold a certain amount of posts and many are no longer shown if a lot of people post.
Old Dec 21 2021, 06:01 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozeeS View Post
I notice when visiting the Market that often other avatars appear on my farm when returning to my farm although I believe they are not really there, but it is disturbing. Of course when I reload the game they have gone. This is an old issue that has happened before. and appears from time to time. It seems to be back and happening most of the time recently. It is obliviously a display issue of some kind.

I have also have noticed that when posting bonuses or to work facilities that they often do not post to our timeline. I know this is probably a FB issue. The problem is when they don't post to our timeline people can not always catch up on requests as the farm town posts under "FT requests" only hold a certain amount of posts and many are no longer shown if a lot of people post.
Hi RozeeS,

The ghost avatars were present in the flash version as well. I can't say I have seen them recently.
Does your computer match or exceed the minimum technical requirements for Farm Town and are you remembering to check and do any computer updates and things like browser updates and clearing the browser caches/history?
Could you have had the game loaded for a long time or been at market for a while? Could the market have been quite busy at the time?
If I remember correctly the ghosts were more likely to show up in the flash version when the markets were busy, perhaps a lot of farmers arriving and leaving.
You should be able to refresh the farm you are on, rather than reload the game if you prefer not to see them when you return home.

Posting to Facebook and them not always showing up does tend to be a data transfer issue. With work requests you can just try those again, but if there are specific facilities that are doing this all the time, please let us know which ones those are. You can try adding some text to the post, especially with bonuses, which can help sometimes.

The various walls are limited to how many will show, so all you and your friends can really do if they are seeing a lot of posts there is check the walls more frequently.

As well as keeping up with computer updates, browser updates, if you have not already done so today please also run memcache to clear your game data. In case you need the instructions for clearing memcache:
To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload the game.

Old Dec 22 2021, 06:09 AM
Account Not Linked

Thank you for your reply Tiger.

I haven't noticed which facilities do not post but it is usually when I post more than one bonus.

Should I suggest in suggestions that we can have a repeat posting within farm town "belts" for bonuses?

I know the post has gone to my FB as I can see it under my activity log but there seems no way to post it to my timeline again so others can see it.

With the farm town wall it is only usually good for about 12 hours depending on the posts and with time differences all over the world the only way to check on a bonus is on someone's timeline if it fall outside that time.

My computer is an older one but unfortunately there isn't much I can do about that at the moment.

Happy Christmas to you all
Old Dec 22 2021, 07:48 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozeeS View Post
Thank you for your reply Tiger.

I haven't noticed which facilities do not post but it is usually when I post more than one bonus.

Should I suggest in suggestions that we can have a repeat posting within farm town "belts" for bonuses?

I know the post has gone to my FB as I can see it under my activity log but there seems no way to post it to my timeline again so others can see it.

With the farm town wall it is only usually good for about 12 hours depending on the posts and with time differences all over the world the only way to check on a bonus is on someone's timeline if it fall outside that time.

My computer is an older one but unfortunately there isn't much I can do about that at the moment.

Happy Christmas to you all
Hi RozeeS,

I wouldn't stop you making a request to be able to post the bonus again , but it's not likely to be implemented as some will just keep posting the same ones and that will make the issue with the amount of posts showing up in the other wall requests even worse as there would be even more posts in there than you have now. What each person sees in each of the wall requests is down to how many friends they have that are posting in that time period. When you have quite a few friends posting quite a few things then it won't go back in time very far. I don't know if that page could be increased to show more posts.

Your issue is that it didn't post correctly to Facebook. That's a data transfer issue, that could be down to a minor glitch in internet at the time that cleared up, it could also be down to a minor issue on Facebook at the time. If the posting box didn't show at all in the game when you posted it to Facebook that's something we would have to take a look at. The only thing I can really suggest for that is that you only post one bonus then check if it made it to Facebook before you posted any more. If there was a problem with one showing up, you could then try some routine clearing or just wait a while and try again later and see if they post fine later on.

I don't know if this would work as I've not had any of the problems you are having but it might be worth you seeing if it's possible to do:

If you can see the bonus post in your Facebook activity section try clicking on the bonus and see if it will show the post at all, or just show you just a blank post. If the post looks blank, you may be able to see the 3 dots top right of it. If you can see those, click on the 3 dots and select "refresh share attachment" That might force it to show up on that post. If that works, try sharing it again to Facebook. If that doesn't work then I am sorry but there isn't anything else that I can suggest for you. Temporary problems are always very difficult to pin down to know exactly what went wrong.

Old Dec 27 2021, 11:23 PM

Default moving items from storage to farm

I moved some ponds from one farm to storage so I could move said ponds to a different farm. The game keeps telling me it is not able to move said ponds.

Thank you
Old Dec 27 2021, 11:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnunya View Post
I moved some ponds from one farm to storage so I could move said ponds to a different farm. The game keeps telling me it is not able to move said ponds.

Thank you
Hi Jnunya,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about the display.
You have to have a clear area larger than the item to place the items on that farm. Hiding items does not make a clear space as they are still known by the game to be in that location.
Old Dec 31 2021, 08:42 PM

Default Rain, fertilizer, etc

Is there any way to not see the rain and fertilizer falling down? It is very annoying on every screen.

Tags
browser zoom, display, eye, farm order, farm stats, full screen, fullscreen, mouse, mouse over, music, normal screen, regular screen, show names, sound