Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 08 2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgirl_Su View Post
LOL yup you are selfish..and yet depriving them would gain you nothing..
But they gain everything.....everything I and all the originals had to work so dam hard far, but the newbies get it all handed to them on a silver platter....if I had the option of allowing them tools I wouldn't be so mad about it all, but I have no choice at all. Its bc of me and everyone else that HAS put money into the game that the game is still running strong, it is bc of us they continue to do the updates....well this update just bit us in the butt, I'd show you the big chunk missing from mine but my butt ain't pretty lol
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Jan 08 2014, 12:13 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanettes270 View Post
I am selfish.
Old Jan 08 2014, 12:21 PM

One more positive spin on allowing others to use the employer's tools is that they are more likely to buy their own FC tools. I know that if I saw how easy it was to use a 10x10 combine or catch all the fish with one click or chop 96 trees at I time and then had to go back to my own farm and do 1 or 2 or 9 at a time, I'd do everything I could to get those FC tools on my farm. And the more people who will buy FC the more money the developers have to improve the game for everyone.
Old Jan 08 2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't feed the beggers View Post
But they gain everything.....everything I and all the originals had to work so dam hard far, but the newbies get it all handed to them on a silver platter....if I had the option of allowing them tools I wouldn't be so mad about it all, but I have no choice at all. Its bc of me and everyone else that HAS put money into the game that the game is still running strong, it is bc of us they continue to do the updates....well this update just bit us in the butt, I'd show you the big chunk missing from mine but my butt ain't pretty lol
IF you want others to work your farms then they can do it easier by using the tools are available now. IFyou go to the market an try to get help on your farms, the majority in there don't' have tools yet and can't do the large size farms that I have seen! I have all the tools an yet there are SOME farms that are WAY over loaded to the point I can't even do them myself or barely!

They only have access to the tools for the JOB you hire them for! SO You won't complain when they leave your farms half done! I don't know that it will stop them from purchasing tools themselves as they won't have the BIG tools for their own use!
Old Jan 08 2014, 12:23 PM

I agree totally! with what you said!
Old Jan 08 2014, 12:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Like someone else mentioned that the incentive to purchase the FC tools now is gone. They can use tools of the person that hired them and if they make their farms bigger the only FC tool they would need is the seeder, cause the other things they could hire out to someone that has the FC tools to harvest and plow.

They had the coin tool poll which they should have asked the question in the poll also about using the hiring farmers FC tools, but they only asked about the coin tools.

Now if they would add an option to turn this off, then the ones that wanted that feature would be happy and the ones that doesn't want someone to use their tools would be happy also. That would be win/win.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jan 08 2014, 12:29 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
I guess if someone positively didn't want the hired farmer to use their FC tools, they could put their FC tools on a farm before going to the market place to hire, this way the hired farmer would have no FC tools to use. I am not saying that the person should do that, but they could if they wanted to.
THANK YOU!! This is great...I can help my neighbors or only the HELPFUL ones. I don't mind assisting others with tree tools but I am rather protective of my turbo boat.
Old Jan 08 2014, 12:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Grr lost my whole reply..

I am selfish, I am on original and like every other original we got where we are by doing things the old fashioned way....1x1'ing it all, NO tools, etc etc I got there 1 step at a time just like everyone else.

To get there faster I was required to use MONEY to buy tools and after you spend real money on those tools you realize you just paid a small fortune to get ahead a little faster.

Now anyone can do that? WITHOUT having had to pay a friggen dime? I (and everyone else who bought tools) are paying so that others can get ahead, I earned my level and my xps on my own, why shouldn't I be upset that little "Jo farmer" gets a free ride using the money that me and others have spent? We paid to get an advantage no we no longer have that.

if they wanna use my tools fine, but you gotta help me pay for them, it isn't fair that we get no say in that. I want a rental fee, I want some of my FC refunded if they won't, don't, can;t etc pay for tools than why should they be able to use ours???? They were MY investment not "jo Farmer's"

so yes if this makes me selfish than so be it, I was very happy with this game until this morning, when I read what will be happening.
I used to ride a horse to school...now we have a car...should I make my kid ride a horse?Or should I charge my kid to ride along.
Old Jan 08 2014, 12:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Grr lost my whole reply..

I am selfish, I am on original and like every other original we got where we are by doing things the old fashioned way....1x1'ing it all, NO tools, etc etc I got there 1 step at a time just like everyone else.

To get there faster I was required to use MONEY to buy tools and after you spend real money on those tools you realize you just paid a small fortune to get ahead a little faster.

Now anyone can do that? WITHOUT having had to pay a friggen dime? I (and everyone else who bought tools) are paying so that others can get ahead, I earned my level and my xps on my own, why shouldn't I be upset that little "Jo farmer" gets a free ride using the money that me and others have spent? We paid to get an advantage no we no longer have that.

if they wanna use my tools fine, but you gotta help me pay for them, it isn't fair that we get no say in that. I want a rental fee, I want some of my FC refunded if they won't, don't, can;t etc pay for tools than why should they be able to use ours???? They were MY investment not "jo Farmer's"

so yes if this makes me selfish than so be it, I was very happy with this game until this morning, when I read what will be happening.

Try this: take the tools you do not wish to share out of storage and place them on a farm. The farmers you hire will not be able to access them if they are not in your storage. Or, you can let them use the smaller tools, example, a 4x4 combine but not the new shiny 10x10.

I don't mind sharing the older tools but am rather protective of my turbo boat.
Old Jan 08 2014, 12:41 PM

Thanks for the update. However, you did it again. Increased the usage of petrochemical barrels and its resulting products without making it easier to obtain them. Please Please Please increase the production of Petrochemical barrels in Oil Refineries.
Closed Thread