Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Nov 16 2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
I don't go to the market a lot, I usually do my farms myself, my farms are big, but I don't have just crops on them, but when I do I usually use this message in chat "I am looking for 1 person to harvest and plow an big overlapping field". Then when we get to the farm I ask if they want to do it themselves or if they need help and I tell them I am in no hurry and if they don't want to do the whole thing, no problem I will finish what they don't finish. Most of the time they work by themselves and they finish or get like 95% done.
Now that you get an extra box for hiring someone from the marketplace, not a neighbor or buddy, to harvest, I just can't bring myself to shake my own trees. I don't have enough of some of the trees as it is, and can really use the extra fruit. I've never checked to make sure Im getting it, but assume I am since they said that is how it is now. I used to never hire my fruit trees done. I may go back to doing my own.
Old Nov 17 2012, 06:18 AM

Does anyone know of a way to get back to a farm you've been hired to harvest and you get booted and your own farm reloads?
Old Nov 17 2012, 09:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonielaj View Post
Does anyone know of a way to get back to a farm you've been hired to harvest and you get booted and your own farm reloads?
Unfortunately there isn't any way.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 18 2012, 10:59 AM

As a hard worker with no tools, I get really frustrated when am hired with people who have tools. It's pretty soul destroying to harvest away only for someone with a plower or combine to just come along and do the lot in a nano second.
To me it's just rude, if I get to a farm and someone is working I go to the next one.

I will share but obviously with someone on a level pegging ie no tools.
Old Nov 18 2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda72 View Post
As a hard worker with no tools, I get really frustrated when am hired with people who have tools. It's pretty soul destroying to harvest away only for someone with a plower or combine to just come along and do the lot in a nano second.
To me it's just rude, if I get to a farm and someone is working I go to the next one.

I will share but obviously with someone on a level pegging ie no tools.
You could try putting "no tools" in your status bar with your name, or saying you have no tools when looking for work. I always hire people who I know have no tools to work my fields, and I only hire one at a time. I have seen others ask for workers who have no tools as well. I have even hired people without tools to do layers if they said they wanted to do them.

I totally understand your discouragement in having people with tools hog the area you are working in. I have had that happen myself, and silly as it may seem, it has left me feeling kind of down and discouraged. But to be fair, I have also had people with tools leave me the area I was working on at least. I rarely work on others farms now though. Even though this is just a game, people behaviors in game still encourage or discourage.
Old Nov 19 2012, 01:56 PM

Is it possible for anyone to work your farm (harvesting and plowing) without authorization from you?
Old Nov 19 2012, 03:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berle View Post
Is it possible for anyone to work your farm (harvesting and plowing) without authorization from you?
No they cannot.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 19 2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
No they cannot.
I probably should have asked it another way. Facebook does have hackers and I believe I was hacked last week. Can the prankster affect my Farm
Town?
Old Nov 19 2012, 07:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berle View Post
I probably should have asked it another way. Facebook does have hackers and I believe I was hacked last week. Can the prankster affect my Farm
Town?
Only if they are logging into your account. Not sure why they would bother with harvesting and plowing your farms though. That usually is not what they are trying to do.
Old Nov 19 2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Only if they are logging into your account. Not sure why they would bother with harvesting and plowing your farms though. That usually is not what they are trying to do.
There is something weird about the hack. It seems to be mischief. I have changed my passwords since the hack hit about 10 days ago both for Facebook and for my email account. I also am getting notification about logins. None have been from any except my two computers. Bothersome though. There is no one that has access to my computers. Facebook won't do anything about it unless it involves money. I hate to cancel my Facebook account and lose three and a half years on Farm Town.

If you google Facebook hacks, they give you many references on how to hack Facebook, few on solving your problem.

Thanks for your input.