Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 29 2009, 12:11 AM

I think it's funny that this 'fix' on 12/22 was supposed to alleviate the complaints from people who felt they were getting ripped off on hire jobs in coins and xp and now....and I have read tons of feedback...it seems that the big complaint is that people are missing out on coins and xp.....

Just can't win....

Old Dec 29 2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyJo Hastie View Post
And I'm still having the same problems. It can sometimes take up to 30 minutes for the coins/XP points to come in and some farmers who hire you wonder why you're going so slow. Are others still having this problem?
Yes. Big time. I sat on a dude's farm for so long yesterday I'm surprised he didn't ask what I was up to....

Hope the devs are working on a really good fix ....and soon!
Old Dec 29 2009, 12:35 AM

I am having trouble with hiring help in the market. It takes a long time for the requests to come through and sometimes they just go to my farm with out confirmation. Any suggests???

Thanks
cab
Old Dec 29 2009, 01:32 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Have you gone to Adobe Flash and used their uninstaller and tried to uninstall that and reinstall it? then clear your cache , reboot pc . see if that will help..... I did that and wow what a diff since the updates........
I'm also from Georgia mary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary10114 View Post
I have been trying to log into my farm for about 30 minutes now. The first time I tried, the loading got stuck on 16%, it keep retrying to load. I went back to my facebook homepage and the cleared internet files (Tools, Internet Options, Browsing History), then tried to logg back in to Farmtown. The loading got stuck again on about 16%. I then tried to just refresh the page. I believe that it finally went through that time, but when I got to my farm I could only see my Mango trees (all of them), apple trees (2 of them), my fences, but not my gates, one or two flowers, grass and very little else. I tried my 2nd farm, nothing but green grass that I can remember. I just bought the 2nd farm today along with a seeder & plower for it...can't remember if they were there or not. I went to the market, got stuck there, nothing but green screen. I then hit the Send Gift tab to get out of that screen. Clicked the play tab, had trouble loading again, I still could not see anything other than what I mentioned before on my screen. I went to my husbands farm (neighbor), and it was the same story there as was on my farm.

I just did all the recommendations on 12-27, because I was having trouble since the 12-22 release. Please see other posts. I have fields that will be ready in about 30 minutes (382 plots). I will say that harvesting for others today was a tiny bit better, although I only had one job that I had to share with someone else.

Please Help!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1679182754

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 29 2009, 03:00 AM
Account Not Linked

Default thanks

Just wanted to say that i am glad with the latest one

i hope you can solve the other new problems.

and maybe it helps if people for the time being do not hire 6 workers at the same time for 80 plots ?
Cannot believe it goes that much faster...

thanks for the work
good luck with solving the new issues, i hope you do !

Kisa
level 51
Old Dec 29 2009, 08:23 AM
Account Not Linked

When real currency was introduced, the game company now has a Legal and Moral obligation. Plowing is now a nightmare, your avatar won't stay out of the way, nor will the harvester that is visible from space. Tools that we paid huge coin amounts for do not work right anymore (plowers and seeders). You can seed an entire farm and learn 15 minutes later that you ran out of fuel 500 plots back. Your avatar jumps around like a Meth head. The list goes on ... worked pretty well before December 22nd. Maybe they should consider rolling it back until they get the bugs worked out of the version they are trying to implement.
Old Dec 29 2009, 08:49 AM

Default fuel glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG57 View Post
You can seed an entire farm and learn 15 minutes later that you ran out of fuel 500 plots back.
This is quite annoying. Previously the planter stopped working when the fuel ran out. Now you can plant until the cows come home and then you get the out of fuel message on every plot and you have to wait until each one sends the message. A major screwup.
Old Dec 29 2009, 09:17 AM

Default after reinstalling flash, still problems with slow saves & harvesting/plowing

On Monday morning, 9 am EST (approximately) I finally tried getting hired from the market. I worked alone on a farm, and my avatar zoomed like an energizer bunny, but the coins did not keep up. It took about 15 minutes after the fields looked harvested for the coins to catch up and the screen to flip from harvesting to plowing. I was the only worker on the farm. I could watch the coin notification move around the screen in the same pattern that I harvested in.

Plowing time was unknown. I clicked very rapidly, the fields cleared about half as fast as I could click, but the points were bumping up very slowly in comparison. Again, I was the only worker.

I left my house before my points caught up, so I have no idea how long it took. If I had been trying to find another job, I would have been very disappointed. Between harvesting and plowing, on a level 40 farm about half filled with fields, the entire process took about two hours, mostly with the owner and me chatting (she was very polite and didn't mind hanging with me while we waited for my slow processing speeds.)

Immediately before I went to the marketplace, I uninstalled flash, cleared my cache, restarted my computer, and installed flash again.

I have had this problem since the first November release. I did not notice which server I was on, sorry. The fast speed of the avatar doesn't do much to help me, and I will wait another month before trying to harvest from the market again. I love this game, but most of the pleasure has gone out of it since I can't compete with other workers who don't have these horrid delays. I hope you can figure out what's causing it - I know you are working hard to solve the problem!
Old Dec 29 2009, 10:14 AM

I am on FaceBook, server WF25. I am level 59 1/2, I have 2 farms, I have also paid for Farm Cash because I enjoy playing this game. I have the latest version of Flash, keep my cache cleaned, etc.
Since the changes I have seen many posts about the frustrations, normally I would not complain, however there is such a list..I can not keep quiet.
1. My Avatar is constantly in the way! I dont feel the game is faster because I have to keep going back to the square it was standing on. At least let me click a little bit ahead of the avatar so it wont be in my way.
2. Fields will be done and you wont know until you try to work it. Before you could see right away if it was harvested/plowed, now you can't tell until you try to work it. It worked fine before, why did you change this?
3. When I have workers they are standing still wanting to now plow, my screen still shows crop all over the place. I will hire them (and figure I will harvest what they missed) but once I hire them to plow, all the crops now show harvested. The delay is crazy, and never a problem before. Why did you change this or was this an accident?
4. Planting I will run out of fuel and wont know until I think I am done. Then it tells me I ran out of fuel (120 plots before). Before you knew right away if you ran out of fuel because it would simply stop planting. Why did you change this?
5. The "Gift Dude" who constantly shows up to see if I want to send gifts is a bit annoying. There are many opportunities to send gifts, I dont understand why anyone felt they needed to add this.
6. The new Seed Bags are huge. It is so big it gets in the way if you are trying to plant a pattern for you crops.
I really enjoy the game and will keep playing it, and will continue to buy Farm Cash because I don't feel you charge that much for it. I really hope you will go back to the drawing board and re-think some of the changes you did on 12-22, or maybe roll out fewer at a time. You rolled out so many this time, it is just crazy and very frustrating.
Thanks
Old Dec 29 2009, 10:41 AM
Account Not Linked

The 'Already Done' is killing me! Is there any chance the developers might weigh in on this? Give us some hope that we might be productive Farm Town citizens again someday?
Closed Thread