Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 23 2021, 07:53 PM

All things are enabled according to my computer. I get stuck on the black screen with no loading attempt. I understand from my provider that things are being replaced and loading is slow for now. Can that cause the failure to load farms? I can send gifts now but that is all. Thank you.
Old Mar 23 2021, 08:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra7+2 View Post
All things are enabled according to my computer. I get stuck on the black screen with no loading attempt. I understand from my provider that things are being replaced and loading is slow for now. Can that cause the failure to load farms? I can send gifts now but that is all. Thank you.
Hi Zebra,
Slow loading could be a problem yes. If you haven't loaded the game completely before then the black screen could be downloading (slowly) the graphics for the game. This can take a while, so I suggest leaving it up and let it go to see if it will get those downloaded.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 24 2021, 08:33 PM

USER ID number ( 588275533 )
I have nothing but problems with the game maybe you can help me solve the problems If I am working on a farm and take a few minute break or less the screen freezes. Then I try to move my mouse and a nice blue circle just goes around and around. I then try and close my browser and it will not shut down Just a blue circle going around and around. I then have to hit clr, alt delete to bring up the task manager to shut ft down.
Another unresponsive problem is shut down pages click yes and it goes to a grey screen then then browser is frozen have to hit clr alt delete again.

This happens on Chrome, firefox and opera.
Always coming up page unresponsive. I have checked and done everything that FT suggests uninstalled extensions etc.

Here is what I received many times while trying to play th egame “ An embedded page at I1.slashkey.com says Out of memory. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating more memory to your WEBGL build in the WebGL player settings.
Yes my video card is updated

What can be done to fix this problem
Old Mar 24 2021, 08:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettie1212 View Post
USER ID number ( 588275533 )
I have nothing but problems with the game maybe you can help me solve the problems If I am working on a farm and take a few minute break or less the screen freezes. Then I try to move my mouse and a nice blue circle just goes around and around. I then try and close my browser and it will not shut down Just a blue circle going around and around. I then have to hit clr, alt delete to bring up the task manager to shut ft down.
Another unresponsive problem is shut down pages click yes and it goes to a grey screen then then browser is frozen have to hit clr alt delete again.

This happens on Chrome, firefox and opera.
Always coming up page unresponsive. I have checked and done everything that FT suggests uninstalled extensions etc.

Here is what I received many times while trying to play th egame “ An embedded page at I1.slashkey.com says Out of memory. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating more memory to your WEBGL build in the WebGL player settings.
Yes my video card is updated

What can be done to fix this problem
Hi nettie,
I have moved your post to the subject thread for HTML/WebGL loading, frequent crashes thread as this is what is happening to you.
The circle going around is your computer having problems. It is not a Farm Town symbol/function.

Since you are getting the out of memory error messages please check the requirements in the first post of this thread against what your computer has.

Do you have anything else open running while you are trying to play, such as other tabs in your browser or other programs running? If you do then your system may not have enough memory to do all of those things at the same time.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 24 2021, 09:28 PM

100001369549899 Very very slow to open
Old Mar 24 2021, 09:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Edwards View Post
100001369549899 Very very slow to open
Hi Jan Edwards,
Are you clearing your browser cache when you close your browser, maybe by the settings in the options? If so then it will be slow loading because you are having to download all the graphics again for the game.
Old Mar 25 2021, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Uma437,
Marymarcel is not available right now.
You say Firefox only shows the black screen (with the cube?), but no errors. I suggest you let it run for a while and see if it will finish loading. If you cleared the browser cache then it will have to download all the graphics again.

For your Chrome have you enabled any of the add ons like to keep Facebook in the old format or an ad blocker? If you have then disable them again and it would be best to remove them as they do cause problems with the game.
Hi Taz,
without changing anything the game is loading again now in Crome. I cleared the cache in Firefox and waited for a while but the screen stays black, it stops here:

2021-03-25 07:11:52.491 INFOCheckpoint-B-000 - Initialized
2021-03-25 07:11:52.496 LOGFT Client Services Inited.
2021-03-25 07:11:52.580 LOGSessionId: 2250811
Browser: Firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:87.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/87.0
WebGL Supported and Enabled. Type: WebGL 2.0
GPU-Vendor: Google Inc.
GPU-Renderer: ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)
Old Mar 25 2021, 09:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma437 View Post
Hi Taz,
without changing anything the game is loading again now in Crome. I cleared the cache in Firefox and waited for a while but the screen stays black, it stops here:

2021-03-25 07:11:52.491 INFOCheckpoint-B-000 - Initialized
2021-03-25 07:11:52.496 LOGFT Client Services Inited.
2021-03-25 07:11:52.580 LOGSessionId: 2250811
Browser: Firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:87.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/87.0
WebGL Supported and Enabled. Type: WebGL 2.0
GPU-Vendor: Google Inc.
GPU-Renderer: ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)
Hi Uma,
Do you have any add-ons or plugins enabled in Firefox like an ad blocker or one to keep Facebook in the old format? Thos will stop Farm Town from loading.
Old Mar 25 2021, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi nettie,
I have moved your post to the subject thread for HTML/WebGL loading, frequent crashes thread as this is what is happening to you.
The circle going around is your computer having problems. It is not a Farm Town symbol/function.

Since you are getting the out of memory error messages please check the requirements in the first post of this thread against what your computer has.

Do you have anything else open running while you are trying to play, such as other tabs in your browser or other programs running? If you do then your system may not have enough memory to do all of those things at the same time.
I have nothing running on any other tabs or browsers and the blue circle only happens when on FT I have over 10 open with a zoom meeting during the day and never have problems I have the right requirements enough memory ram and a proper graphics card as my son checked it all as well as did the upgrade as per the youtube video that was supplied. I am sorry about mixing up the posts I was reading so many trying to figure out the problem I was having and posted on the wrong one I can't find my post where you say you moved it to
Old Mar 26 2021, 12:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettie1212 View Post
I have nothing running on any other tabs or browsers and the blue circle only happens when on FT I have over 10 open with a zoom meeting during the day and never have problems I have the right requirements enough memory ram and a proper graphics card as my son checked it all as well as did the upgrade as per the youtube video that was supplied. I am sorry about mixing up the posts I was reading so many trying to figure out the problem I was having and posted on the wrong one I can't find my post where you say you moved it to
Hi nettie,
To find your posts when they have been moved use the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

Even if the circle only shows when you have Farm Town open it is still a computer function telling you it is busy and you can't do anything more until it gets unbusy. How about any other programs not necessarily in a browser?

I am not sure why you are having this problem, but it is not the game itself causing you to run out of memory unless maybe your farms are heaviliy layered. Possibly in combination with something else running on your computer then it is running out of memory.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl