Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Nov 29 2011, 02:18 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Dear Farm Town Developers

Dear Farm Town Creators,
I am writing this message with the utmost respect for your game. I am, however, very upset with your gaming practices. I came to this site with a fairly large group of friends. We played here with one farm each and never even expected another one. We grew our single farms together adding new friends and neighbors. We even had weekly harvest parties when we all got together and shared our harvests along with the laughter.
The option of adding a SECOND farm - was SO much FUN back then
I've kept up pretty much over time. And I've quit in frustration before. I feel that the game has become too GREEDY. No longer can we earn things and that was the FUN of playing. Even the long awaited update didn't even provide enough Farm Cash to buy a single facility.
It's GREAT for the new players and believe me I have MANY friends who I'm very happy to help grow.
Somehow, like other games, the players who have played the longest are given the option to either pay their hard earned cash to continue playing or quit. SO many dear friends have quit. I have to wonder if the almighty dollar is really worth all of this??
Like · · Sunday at 8:47pm
Tammie Morris, Carol Young Womble, Laura Heiman and 20 others like this.
Old Nov 29 2011, 09:06 PM

I haven't quit playing, but they won't get another dime out of me.
Old Nov 30 2011, 12:04 AM
Account Not Linked

I don't get it.They didn't give you more free stuff,in a free to play game,that you can advance in nicely without buying any extras,and where exactly is the problem?

"Somehow, like other games, the players who have played the longest are given the option to either pay their hard earned cash to continue playing or quit."

I have been playing for 2+ years,and as of yet have not received any notice that if I do not buy something,I must quit.If you are complaining because 1/2 the facilities each update cost fc,or the upgraded tools cost fc,I have to ask..how exactly do you think a BUSINESS is supposed to stay in business?
It amazes me how many people can play a f2p game,and turn around and complain that the extras cost real money,as if this company,or any game company makes the games because they have big hearts.Please don't bring up the ad revenue either,because,no one here knows how much that actually is,and you can turn off or block the ads anyhow.
Old Nov 30 2011, 09:11 AM

I agree with tarawa. You can get along very nicely and progress very quickly without spending any real money. I play the game on my mom's account and I've already gotten up way past level 100 in just maybe a month or two. No real money spent at all.

Yes, the additional facilities are helpful, but the additional tools only save clicks, they don't "produce" something someone without a lot of Farmcash doesn't have.

If you want to be at the top of your friends' ladder in three days, YES you're going to be disappointed because you WILL have to spend a lot of money.

But who seriously wants to spend a LOT of money just for that??? Yes I know people that will do that are out there. Hey, whatever floats your boat but I can still think it's silly.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Nov 30 2011, 09:47 AM

I am probably a part of the 30% or so who have played this game for a couple years or so.

When I have the FarmCash (either bought or given FOR FREE with levels) I spend it...... on myself..... no one else spends on me.... and I don't expect it.

It is a FREE game... play the FREE game.... and if you want more or need more... get out the wallet. No wallet? Then live and play within your means.

Next thing I expect to hear is some farmers demanding that those with extra levels and extra farm cash need to be "taxed" more so that those with less will receive their "entitlements"

gee... where do I hear this stuff in real life... oh yeah... Washington DC

Just like the "O"-administration... Blame you can count on.

Old Nov 30 2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I am probably a part of the 30% or so who have played this game for a couple years or so.

When I have the FarmCash (either bought or given FOR FREE with levels) I spend it...... on myself..... no one else spends on me.... and I don't expect it.

It is a FREE game... play the FREE game.... and if you want more or need more... get out the wallet. No wallet? Then live and play within your means.

Next thing I expect to hear is some farmers demanding that those with extra levels and extra farm cash need to be "taxed" more so that those with less will receive their "entitlements"

gee... where do I hear this stuff in real life... oh yeah... Washington DC

Just like the "O"-administration... Blame you can count on.

I wish I could "like" this post! Well said.

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Nov 30 2011, 11:19 AM
Account Not Linked

Some people want the whole thing but are unwilling to part with cash. You cannot have it all without parting with cash, not even in real life. I do not have everything and am happy with what I have. I play the game within my means. I found that I do not need the pasta restaurant to use the pasta I produce. I just sell it to Tom in the market. The same goes for other cash facilities and retail stores. Happy farming.
Old Nov 30 2011, 11:55 AM

Can't find my original question so will post here and write down which thread and page so maybe I can find the answer.

when you purchase and send an item with farm cash it would be nice if they told you that the person already had that item and keep you from wasting your money?
Old Nov 30 2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannieb View Post
Can't find my original question so will post here and write down which thread and page so maybe I can find the answer.

when you purchase and send an item with farm cash it would be nice if they told you that the person already had that item and keep you from wasting your money?
yes it would

I have found than when trying to send an "enhanced" tool, it will be refused with the statement like "Neighbor has to have XXX tool in storage before you can send the YYY tool."

note that they have to have it in STORAGE. If it (say the first SuperPooper) is out on a farm, you could not send the SuperDooperPooper.

Since the gifts arrive with your name on them, the receiver knows you sent it.... so why not just ask ahead of time... " ...I am sending you a WWW tool or facility, unless you already have one....."

This process might be easier than having the devs add that extra coding/work.

Old Nov 30 2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
yes it would

I have found than when trying to send an "enhanced" tool, it will be refused with the statement like "Neighbor has to have XXX tool in storage before you can send the YYY tool."

note that they have to have it in STORAGE. If it (say the first SuperPooper) is out on a farm, you could not send the SuperDooperPooper.

Since the gifts arrive with your name on them, the receiver knows you sent it.... so why not just ask ahead of time... " ...I am sending you a WWW tool or facility, unless you already have one....."

This process might be easier than having the devs add that extra coding/work.

I did not ask because he normally does not purchase anything but leaves that up to me but I will in the future.