Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 15 2023, 01:20 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I have a number of people who have quit playing for whatever reason and one that I have blocked on FB. I went through the removing myself, removing them and yet they are still showing up. I have 2 people that have never played the game showing up (I'm close friends with them personally) and yet they are showing as tho they played at some point. Is there something I can do to minimize these non-players? They are showing up as ppl to send gifts, etc. to also. Thanks. I should add, too, there are 3-4 of them that are 2nd accounts (have no idea who they belong to). Thanks again!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 15 2023, 06:38 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnetimpeiro@msn.com View Post
I have a number of people who have quit playing for whatever reason and one that I have blocked on FB. I went through the removing myself, removing them and yet they are still showing up. I have 2 people that have never played the game showing up (I'm close friends with them personally) and yet they are showing as tho they played at some point. Is there something I can do to minimize these non-players? They are showing up as ppl to send gifts, etc. to also. Thanks. I should add, too, there are 3-4 of them that are 2nd accounts (have no idea who they belong to). Thanks again!!
Hi lynnetimpeiro,

Which list are you looking in?

If you are looking at the Facebook Friends List section of Famers List, it shows the friends you had that played at some point in the last year prior to leaving Facebook that still had you as their neighbour or buddy.

You can't remove anyone from showing up on the Facebook Friends List and that list can no longer update with any changes you made since we left Facebook. That section may well be removed at a later date or the ability to delete added in the future.

On the 2 people that you say have never played the game, what Active date are you seeing showing for them? Could they have ever send you a gift or ingredients in the past year when the game was still on Facebook?

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 15 2023, 12:15 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Hi Tiger -- Thanks for the info -- will keep my fingers crossed that I can eventually delete these non-playing second accounts (that's what I think these are - they came over from the FB transition). These are all under FB Friends and I have them as "non-neighbor/buddy". The reason I know these 2 ppl do not play is that one of them I live with; and the other we've been friends since high school and a number of us (classmates) have tried to get her to play but nope. Anyway, with the last "play date" those, it shows the one as last active on June 18th at Level 1; the other one shows July 12 and Level 1. The really odd thing with some of these people it will show 1 farm (this is on 3-4 ppl) with 12 fields, the white fence and 3 trees -- the exact same farm. Strange. If you or the devs can figure it out, thanks!! I will just have to try to weed them out or keeps sending them stuff.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 15 2023, 01:12 PM

Unhappy Neighbors and how to delete

I have several ex farmtown neighbors who havent consistently played in a long time. I went to facebook and unfriended them but they still show up on slashkey as MANAGE. I dont send them anything and I dont work any posts they may have. But yet there they always are on SENDING GIFTS and POSTS. How do I permanently get rid of them? Hope this makes some sense. I cant be the only one frustrated with this. Thanks
Old Aug 15 2023, 01:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsoruss View Post
I have several ex farmtown neighbors who havent consistently played in a long time. I went to facebook and unfriended them but they still show up on slashkey as MANAGE. I dont send them anything and I dont work any posts they may have. But yet there they always are on SENDING GIFTS and POSTS. How do I permanently get rid of them? Hope this makes some sense. I cant be the only one frustrated with this. Thanks
Hi itsoruss,
I moved your post to the thread about neighbors. As long as you have removed them as neighbors and yourself as their neighbor that is all you can do.

If you are seeing them only in the Facebook friends list, since the deactivation from Facebook there isn't any way for Farm Town to update that list. You can't remove anyone from showing up on the Facebook Friends List and that list can no longer update with any changes you made since we left Facebook. That section may well be removed at a later date or the ability to delete added in the future.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 15 2023, 02:54 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnetimpeiro@msn.com View Post
Hi Tiger -- Thanks for the info -- will keep my fingers crossed that I can eventually delete these non-playing second accounts (that's what I think these are - they came over from the FB transition). These are all under FB Friends and I have them as "non-neighbor/buddy". The reason I know these 2 ppl do not play is that one of them I live with; and the other we've been friends since high school and a number of us (classmates) have tried to get her to play but nope. Anyway, with the last "play date" those, it shows the one as last active on June 18th at Level 1; the other one shows July 12 and Level 1. The really odd thing with some of these people it will show 1 farm (this is on 3-4 ppl) with 12 fields, the white fence and 3 trees -- the exact same farm. Strange. If you or the devs can figure it out, thanks!! I will just have to try to weed them out or keeps sending them stuff.
Hi lynnetimpeiro,

What you are describing that is on their farm is the very basics you start out with. The crops will have died if they didn't go as far as setting up the avatar and then harvesting the few crops that were there. Those that did not register to play on the website won't be able to play it.

When it comes to sending gifts you can if you wish use the other filters other than All Farmers to send to specific types of farmers. I really wouldn't worry about the few that you have that aren't playing getting gifts as those gifts will automatically get deleted as they reach 60 days old.

The whole point of the Facebook Friends list was to help with those who had not made the connections in game with friends as a neighbour or buddy yet and it was encouraged for many months prior to leaving FB to get this done as soon as possible while things like first names and profile pictures could still be matched to Facebook friends at that time. It does not take into account who may or may not have registered to play on the website and could not, as far too many left it far too late to register and start playing there. However the list may well have included anyone that was invited to play as well.

Those that left it very late to register or may not have been playing on the website until they could no longer play on FB may still need those lists for now while they get used to the differences between what was possible on FB and what is different on the website.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 16 2023, 07:53 AM

Why are we not earning exp. and a percentage of crops or cash as we work for buddies and neighbors. At the moment it is killing our ability to help out lower level players by putting them in as our SN's. Considering our player base is somewhat restricted for the moment, we need these people to have a chance at earning points and cash too.
Old Aug 16 2023, 07:55 AM

This explains why SN quit working for you. Why do all the work when there is absolutely no reward. This started happening in the last update before we moved off Facebook.
Old Aug 16 2023, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin Venables View Post
Why are we not earning exp. and a percentage of crops or cash as we work for buddies and neighbors. At the moment it is killing our ability to help out lower level players by putting them in as our SN's. Considering our player base is somewhat restricted for the moment, we need these people to have a chance at earning points and cash too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin Venables View Post
This explains why SN quit working for you. Why do all the work when there is absolutely no reward. This started happening in the last update before we moved off Facebook.
Hi Karin Venables

If you are talking about the Bonus Chest, that is only for strangers hired at market. Neighbors, buddies and Super Neighbors do not receive it.

The only way for a Super Neighbor to get cash is by plowing and/or Planting your farms. They get xp for those jobs so they can level up their own accounts and get cash for every level they got.

For harvested crops, they do not get xp, they get 25% of the selling price of that crop and 10% of the crop they harvested.

You have all the information in the Game Guide for Hiring:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599222
Old Aug 18 2023, 07:47 AM

Default People you used to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsoruss View Post
The problem is that THEY have YOU as a neighbor or buddy, so they are sending you gifts.

I learned that the "Manage" is a new link that allows you to add them if you'd like.

But, unless you send them messages directly to TELL THEM that you don't want any gifts from them, you can't stop them from sending stuff TO you. Just because we delete people as neighbors doesn't mean they deleted us, and it's also very possible to be someone's buddy but they are not yours.

You CAN always Block them, also. I think that will stop them from having you as a neighbor/buddy or sending you stuff.

Tags
archived farm, beige dot, blue dot, can't add neighbour, colored dots, coloured dots, dots, green dot, invite, neighbor, neighbor requests, neighbors, neighbour, new neighbours, purple dot, red dot, remove neighbour, super neighbor, super neighbor tools, super neighbors