Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Nov 21 2010, 06:44 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebrole View Post
Why are my power tools not working correctly I paid money for those and they don't work. I can plow my fields but I can't plow others, I can't plant with my planter it keeps getting stuck and my 3x3 too. they stop and then I get a message connection to server lost. I need to know where to go to get my money back.
Are they in storage? They have to be in storage for you to work on other farms. No refunds are made through the forum sorry.
Old Nov 21 2010, 07:05 PM
Account Not Linked

1. Avatar slowness while farming: The speed of the avatar and the game has been improved significantly when farming (sowing,plowing,harvesting) alone and for others.

This IS NOT fixed or even close to it, when are you going to address it!!!???? Its making me crazy!!
Old Nov 21 2010, 07:32 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I don't have the 4x4 and if one other worker has been hired, I respect his or her space. I'll admit, though, that if there are several workers all grabbing whatever plots are there, I go competitive mode and sort of think, "okay, the game is on!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I do mention that I have the 4x4s. But, like yourself, if there is another worker, then I try to hit half the farm and move on. If there are a lot of workers, I will still do half. It is not my "fault" that the farmer hired so many who end up fighting for their "fair" share.

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Coast-aplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto
YoursTillTheOne

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Ifarmther Fouriam
Settima Città

Old Nov 21 2010, 08:04 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilsewdm View Post
That's exactly what I did. I love my 4x4 tools. I've always hated to be one of 5 people hired for a tiny job of raspberries and have always just hired one person to harvest or plow for me. Today I was called "rude" by the person who was hired AFTER me and came to an already mostly harvested farm. The employer should have come with me to see, if I had tools or not. Normally I do the same as some previous posters and just take a share when I see someone else on the farm.
LMAO. Dont sweat it. There are @$$wipes in every corner of the world.
The next time someone says your rude for using your own tools just use the newest Cee Lo Green catch phrase on them: * you
Old Nov 21 2010, 08:15 PM

I have the chopper and have used it on others farms, but was only working alone. I have had people work on my farms with their new equipment and think why not? It goes faster. However I only hire one at a time. I will not, however, hire someone who says 4 X 4 in the marketplace trying to get work over someone without the equpment, as in my view they already have an advantage over people without the equipment. They can do more jobs in a shorter amount of time.

This whole thing of allowing people to use their equipment on others farms has caused bad feelings and also has made it so that people can pretty much zip even faster up levels. It used to be goign up levels meant you had actually worked hard at the game. However, now a person can zip up the first 20 levels without actually farming, in a few days. With being able to use this new equipment on others farms, people can go up levels even faster, especially if people start hiring those who brag about having this equipment in the marketplace. The game has now become 2 groups: the haves and the have nots. You can enjoy the game without the equipment, but perhaps it won't be long till you won't be able to get hired unless you have the equipment, except by those who are bitter about some having the equipment. Kind of think the last person I chopped for was not happy that I used equipment because a remark he made while I was leaving the farm (saw it too late to respond). At any rate, it left me feeling negative about the whole thing.

Back when i started playing the game, I moved up by hard work. I was actually probably the richest of my neighbors because of hard work. Games were cool because you could be poor in real life, but rich in a game. Now all the games are the same, with loads of cash items. And frankly in this game, the farmcash items are the ones that make you rich with the least amount of work. Other games the cash is mainly just decorative items. This one it is the best money making facilities and now it is the equipment to work on others farms and grab all the work. Don't get me wrong. I love this game. I just made level 160 the other day and rarely work on others farms anyway, and believe the game can be fun without all the farmcash items, and that you can even get some of them, so it is important to decide carefully before buying one. However, I think that allowing the use of the farmcash equipment on others farms was not a good move, especially the plow that allows the moving up of levels to come too easily. I am sure it made them real money as some people probably broke down and bought the farmcash to buy the items, so in the terms of a good business decision, I suppose it was a winner.
Old Nov 22 2010, 12:43 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
I am sure it made them real money as some people probably broke down and bought the farmcash to buy the items, so in the terms of a good business decision, I suppose it was a winner.
It was a good business decision if the increase in revenue from the sale of tools was greater than any loss of revenue due to people leaving the game and that increased revenue is sustainable over time since advertising revenue is ongoing. Otherwise, they shot themselves in the foot on this one! Only the slashkey decision-makers know which it is...and they aren't telling.
Old Nov 22 2010, 04:04 AM

does anyone know when they took the goats and geese out of the store and made em gift only........i feel for the new players...how are they to get the numbers of animals when they dont have as yet a decent number of friends/neighbours who actively play

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009
Old Nov 22 2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
does anyone know when they took the goats and geese out of the store and made em gift only........i feel for the new players...how are they to get the numbers of animals when they dont have as yet a decent number of friends/neighbours who actively play
Not sure exactly when, but its been a while now, since they have been moved from store to gifts only.

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Nov 22 2010, 09:44 AM
Account Not Linked

[quote=StoneFace;4164446]I have the 4x4 Harvester and Plower.....

I find they are more often conversation starters, and I "chat" with the farm owner longer than before. I not only share the speed of the tools, but I wind up sharing a LOT of the things I have learned... especially to those of lower levels who just hired me.

Thanks for the tools devs. They have been the inducement to go back and work in the market. Lord knows I don't need the points or the money.<<

I agree. I have chatted more with farmers from the MP than I have in the past since getting the tools. They are great conversation starters. I also have more time to chat since I am not feeling rushed to get a large field done one square at a time.

I personally think it is a win win situation. They get their farm done faster and I can enjoy working in the MP again. Something I tended to avoid because I didn't really enjoy the carpal tunnel syndrome inducing tedious 1 at a time clicking. Nor did I have time for it with my own big farm to do. I am also much more willing to do the hard to hire jobs like fishing and flowers. So people can actually get those jobs done.

If there are other workers, I will just do half or less and leave. I did have one situation where I was hired for a small farm and since no one else was there, I just did it quickly. Ended up the farmer hired 2 other workers right as I was finishing and they only got a couple of squares each. I felt bad, but it couldn't be helped. They weren't there when I started.
Old Nov 22 2010, 10:59 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
I've been playing since August 2009, and I don't remember goats and geese ever being available in the store. At least the new players have the option of exchanging gifts, which we didn't when we started. Goats and geese aren't so very useful, anyhow, compared to cows and hens, and I know those were never in the store. And they can buy sheep and llamas.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread