Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jul 01 2010, 06:22 PM

Default New Release -- July 1st, 2010

Hey there,

Read below the recent updates to FarmTown. This list includes the new levels, gifts, facilities and path we mentioned on Thursday. Things got a little tricky over here so we ended up launching the latest update about 30 hours late, we are sorry for those who waited long hours for it.

1. Axe tool to chop Pine, Oak, Bamboo and Cinnamon trees: Notice the Oak was previously a harvestable tree producing Accorns, this is not the case anymore. From now on, Oak trees are not harvestable, you can only chop them with the Axe to produce stuff later on in your facilities. Oak tree is now at level 44. Chopped logs are used by the Sawmill or the Cinnamon Factory.

The Mayor will re-plant all chopped trees overnight, to save you the burden of doing it yourself.

2. 10 New Levels: About 30+ new items, all in coins. This includes buildings, decorations and gifts.

3. Cobblestone Path: There are another 2 paths shown in the store, locked. They will probably be released early next week. There are many more paths and some new grounds to be released probably later next week.

4. Sawmill (coins): Allows you to produce Pine and Oak lumbers from Pine and Oak logs (timbers).

5. Cinnamon Factory (27FC): Allows you to produce Cinnamon Bundles from the Cinnamon Logs. Cinnamon Bundles are currently used in the Bakery to produce Cinnamon Buns and in the Coffee Shop to produce Cinnamon Latte.

6. Tea Factory (coins): Allows you to produce Black and Green Tea Bags from the Tea crop.

7. Coffee and Tea Shop (33FC): Allows you to produce different types of drinks from Coffee, Tea, Chocolate and Milk:

-Espresso
-Brewed Coffee
-Capuccino
-Cinnamon Late
-Hot Chocolate
-Mocha
-Iced Tea
-Green Tea

8. Start production of multiple batches at once on your facilities: There is a button '+ 10' right next to the 'Start production' button in all the facilities. That button will start the production of 10 (or sometimes, less) batches with one single click.

9. Product filters in storage and market windows: This will allow you to find faster the products you are looking for. Notice that the 'non-ingredients' filter will show you all the products that can not be used as ingredients in your facilities (except fuel).

10. Ground options on the Paths/Ground section in the Store: You can now select different ground types for your fam, this is a per-farm setting. More ground types comming soon.

11. New Tea Crop.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Last edited by Raul; Jul 04 2010 at 04:31 AM.
Old Jul 01 2010, 06:23 PM

QUESTION - what is the capacity of our harvest storage? I get the notice that it's "nearly full," but would love to be able to track it ourselves!
Old Jul 01 2010, 06:28 PM

thank you, I've been hanging for cinnamon (although at the moment it is just a pretty tree to look at and chop, more looking forward to using it ). Thanks for the update, I'm off to try them out!
Old Jul 01 2010, 06:28 PM

Ah...always something fun!! YAY!! Thanks!!

"...ServoFarmer took an axe...
Gave her Farm2 forty whacks..
When she saw what she had done..
She gave her Farm3 forty-one!!..."

WOOT!!

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Jul 01 2010, 06:33 PM

Love #2 and #2. Thank you!
Old Jul 01 2010, 06:36 PM

Thanks for the updates!
Old Jul 01 2010, 06:39 PM

Just in time for my birthday.

Default latest functionality

Fantastic, I love the filters and the reduced mouse clicks when producing items. Despite what a pretentious "programmer" had to say, you obviously care about your customers. This game keeps getting better. Keep up the good work!!

Not sure that I like the all or nothing change of ground cover, but you made it easy and cheap to flip back and forth. I'm anxiously awaiting the new paths.

Even at level 90, I still enjoy the game. When creating all the facilities don't lose sight of the fact we need to be able to spend all this money on decorations and creating interesting farms/towns.

Wooottt!! Thanks, Raul.

Tea, cinnamon, milk, coffee beans, sugar.....Starbucks is coming to Farm Town!!
Closed Thread