Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Sep 11 2022, 05:31 PM

I know that's the theory, but in practice some of the gifts don't seem to count, like sausage packs.
Old Sep 11 2022, 05:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
I know that's the theory, but in practice some of the gifts don't seem to count, like sausage packs.
Hi Sqrl,
Then it is a problem with the sausage packages. We have only had 2 reports of this including yours. Any other gift should be working. We will test this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 11 2022, 11:19 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

well that was a waste of time and effort... todays goal was get hired at job market and earn 5130 XP and after working 22 farms for the same farmer, harvest, plow, tree shake, chop, fish.. not one single XP was recorded. UPDATE: got hired to do just trees for one farmer, achieved the goal after doing 3 farms, so am happy but wish the the goal had stated that trees needed to be done.. it did not stipulate just said work.... finished all the other farms as I feel its only right to finish a job you are hired for, not just take what is needed for the goal..

Last edited by Aussie Rae; Sep 11 2022 at 11:31 PM.
Old Sep 11 2022, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
well that was a waste of time and effort... todays goal was get hired at job market and earn 5130 XP and after working 22 farms for the same farmer, harvest, plow, tree shake, chop, fish.. not one single XP was recorded.
Hi Aussie Rae,
Did you claim the bonus chest? The points are not added until you collect those bonuses. To get those you have to be hired by a stranger. It can not be a neighbor or buddy as you do not get the bonuses.
If you did get the bonuses, then try reloading your farms and then check the goal again.

EDIT: I just checked and you completed all of those after the goals changed. They change for everyone at midnight eastern time which was just about 30 minutes ago.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Sep 11 2022 at 11:31 PM.
Old Sep 12 2022, 01:47 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Aussie Rae,
Did you claim the bonus chest? The points are not added until you collect those bonuses. To get those you have to be hired by a stranger. It can not be a neighbor or buddy as you do not get the bonuses.
If you did get the bonuses, then try reloading your farms and then check the goal again.

EDIT: I just checked and you completed all of those after the goals changed. They change for everyone at midnight eastern time which was just about 30 minutes ago.
the times changed for me at 1.30pm here in South Australia, and I did get those xp after working another farm. The 1st farm was the dud one, no xp at all after doing 22 farms. the same exact goal was done when the second farmer hired me.. I checked, none were neighbors nor buddies.. farm was reloaded. The bonus chest was claimed after doing all work on each farm before leaving to do the next farm. I have no idea why the first farm, shaking the trees did put the xp towards the farm pass goal yet the second farm doing the exact same thing did... not to worry, its all done and dusted now, just wish we got more than 4 points for it... lol.
Old Sep 12 2022, 03:02 AM

https://prnt.sc/EhcP6MxHxkux just to confirm chopping trees (or anything like this. Including just the tool) can be worked on a SN, your own farm or through the market but not via a neighbour. For some reason I have in my head that it will only work via your own farm or an SN. Can you confirm or not please?

EDIT NOTE: I've just confirmed by doing a neighbours chopping that it doesn't work via a neighbour. So we have to go via the market, SN or do our own farms. Out of curiosity though why doesn't it work via a Neighbour too??
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88

Last edited by Alexandra_J; Sep 12 2022 at 03:15 AM.
Old Sep 12 2022, 04:49 AM
Account Not Linked

Today's farm pass stated get hired to do 3 different activities on a person's farm. After chop, shake and fish I still did not get my 4 points. It's very frustrating. It's hard to find a job in the marketplace.
Old Sep 12 2022, 05:58 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra_J View Post
https://prnt.sc/EhcP6MxHxkux just to confirm chopping trees (or anything like this. Including just the tool) can be worked on a SN, your own farm or through the market but not via a neighbour. For some reason I have in my head that it will only work via your own farm or an SN. Can you confirm or not please?

EDIT NOTE: I've just confirmed by doing a neighbours chopping that it doesn't work via a neighbour. So we have to go via the market, SN or do our own farms. Out of curiosity though why doesn't it work via a Neighbour too??
Hi Alexandra_J,

Hired at market by a stranger would require the job you were hired to do on a farm was completed and the bonus chest claimed.

We have asked for clarification on when a neighbor hires you.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 12 2022, 06:21 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymstacey View Post
Today's farm pass stated get hired to do 3 different activities on a person's farm. After chop, shake and fish I still did not get my 4 points. It's very frustrating. It's hard to find a job in the marketplace.
Hi kymstacey,

Your goal is showing completed when we checked it.

All the goals have tooltips that can help, mouseover a goal before you start working on one and you will see the tooltip.

Your goal required you to be hired at market to do 3 different types of jobs and claim the bonus chest.

If for example if you were hired by a stranger at market, but did not do all 3 jobs in that one hire request or you didn't also claim the bonus chest, then the goal won't complete.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 12 2022, 08:23 AM

Farm Work Goals that can be either completed on your own farms, As a Super Neighbour or a combination of both. - NOTE: Information requested to see if Working for Neighbours (not as a super neighbour) will count.

just a note to let u know, if you not your neighor SN and you just pop over for them to hire you,,, it is NOT counting
Closed Thread