Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 17 2012, 03:50 PM
Account Not Linked

How do you use the lifelines?
Old Jun 17 2012, 04:19 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by polrky3 View Post
I have an issue with the quests. I have 2 open right now and I can't complete both because they both require a facility or truck that I have to use farm cash for. I think it sucks to try to force us to use real money for these quests. Now, I have 2 that I can't complete and I have to let them expire. One of them is making pepperoni pizza and I need pepperoni ordered from the semi. I had it gited to me and it doesn't count. Is there any way around this at all?
They are not trying to make anyone purchase FC, the quests are all random and picked by the program, if you don't have the facilities you can let it expire, you are not forced to purchase anything to continue. The lifelines are random and picked by the computer also, to use the lifelines, click on the lifeline at the top and it will tell you which lifeline you get, lifelines can't be used for the last step in a quest, there is 3 lifelines (Gift, Employee, and Trade), the gift is to get items gifted from the gift screen or ingredients gift. The employee is to work in neighbors fields or factories. The trade is to trade basic ingredients in the market or with neighbors. If you need pepperoni the lifelines that could help you if you have the sandwich shop, frozen foods, or the pizza shop and if you could get the gift lifeline then you could go into one of those factories and request the item that uses pepperoni as an ingredient, but the lifeline would have to have the gift lifeline.

Last edited by KnightRider; Jun 17 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old Jun 17 2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
How do you use the lifelines?
Hi , there is information on how to use the Lifeline in this section of the Game Guide .. http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489690
Old Jun 17 2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I have an issue with the quests. I have 2 open right now and I can't complete both because they both require a facility or truck that I have to use farm cash for. I think it sucks to try to force us to use real money for these quests. Now, I have 2 that I can't complete and I have to let them expire. One of them is making pepperoni pizza and I need pepperoni ordered from the semi. I had it gited to me and it doesn't count. Is there any way around this at all?
I don't believe we are 'forced' at all to buy farm cash facilities for the quests. Maybe it is a test of our 'will power/won't power' because if we really don't want a certain facility, or don't want to spend farm cash, then it is up to us to resist doing so. Nobody is forcing us to complete all of our quests.

If you try a life line and happen to get one that works for your quest, then you can get around it. Study up in the game guide and you may find that you have a lifeline that will help you.

Old Jun 17 2012, 11:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Quests

I quit Farmville and Cityville and other games by Zynga because of quests. No, you don't have to do them, but if you don't then you are out of the loop and get left behind by your neighbors. I love Farmtown, have since early in its history, but if they start quests, I may have to bow out. My personality doesn't allow me not to beg and buy cash to complete quests, been there done that. Leave Farmtown just the way it is...FUN!!!
Old Jun 18 2012, 04:12 AM

I gave up on the quests because it takes too much fiddling about for not much return. Even 14 million coins isn't a lot considering how quickly you can make that just by filling facs or working other peoples facs.
Old Jun 18 2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner Sue View Post
I quit Farmville and Cityville and other games by Zynga because of quests. No, you don't have to do them, but if you don't then you are out of the loop and get left behind by your neighbors. I love Farmtown, have since early in its history, but if they start quests, I may have to bow out. My personality doesn't allow me not to beg and buy cash to complete quests, been there done that. Leave Farmtown just the way it is...FUN!!!
Even with the quests this game is still fun. You do NOT have to do the quests unless you want to. You do NOT have to beg from your neighbors or buy cash to do the quests. There are some you can do by just playing like you normally do. Some you need cash facilities to finish. You do NOT have to do them. If you do open a life line and it is one to get from your neighbor you just post like you would for a bonus.

You will not be "out of the loop" or "get left behind by your neighbors". You can make lots of coins doing them.

And again if you don't want to do them......DON'T!!!! It won't change yours or anyone else's game. Just like the mini games. I don't do them. I have looked at them but don't play that much or challenge my friends etc.
Old Jun 18 2012, 10:12 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Misunderstood

I think some have taken what I said in the wrong way. Yes, I do send requests for people to work my facilities, but that is not begging, that's part of the game. I just know that with Zynga type games I felt pressured to complete quests, they had so many running at one time (sometimes up to 30 quests at a time). I have a personality that is all about getting the job done, I can't explain it, but I found myself buying cash to complete these stupid quests, it took me 3 mos to bow out. I love Cityville, but it just got to crazy.

I have loved Farmtown for a long time and don't want to quit. As long as the quests don't get carried away it will be ok.

I don't know how the one guy says 14 million coins is easy to earn, I am just under 2 million coins and have been playing for 3-4 yrs.
Old Jun 18 2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner Sue View Post
I think some have taken what I said in the wrong way. Yes, I do send requests for people to work my facilities, but that is not begging, that's part of the game. I just know that with Zynga type games I felt pressured to complete quests, they had so many running at one time (sometimes up to 30 quests at a time). I have a personality that is all about getting the job done, I can't explain it, but I found myself buying cash to complete these stupid quests, it took me 3 mos to bow out. I love Cityville, but it just got to crazy.

I have loved Farmtown for a long time and don't want to quit. As long as the quests don't get carried away it will be ok.

I don't know how the one guy says 14 million coins is easy to earn, I am just under 2 million coins and have been playing for 3-4 yrs.

I don't think I took you the wrong way, Sue. What I am saying is you do NOT have to do the quests on Farmtown at all. It will not hurt your game one way or the other. The quests are a way for people to get extra coins if they wish to do the quests.

What he meant by saying 14 million coins are easy to earn was if you have all the facilities needed and finish some of the quests you can earn 14 million. The least amount I've earned doing them is a little over a million and that was a simple quest.....like make flour. All I had to do was plant and harvest wheat and then start my windmill. The longer the quest takes you to complete, the more coins it gives you.

The quests that Zynga sets up on all their games, you have to do them or you can't get anywhere in the game. This game and these quests are in no way like Zyngas!!! I blocked Farmville a long time ago....walked away and never looked back. I never gave them any of my real money. I have given this game real money, tho.

Sending a request for ingredients to finish a quest on FT is just like posting for ingredients for you facilities.

I've been playing FT since May 2 of 2009....shortly after it started. I stopped for a while because back then once you hit the top level there was nothing else to do so a lot of my friends jumped ship. But I started up again when more levels and the facs came out. So I've been playing the 3 years it has been in existence and I have over 8 billion coins....and more in storage waiting to be sold. I have friends who have enough coins to purchase all the upgrades when a new farm is released.

Don't leave, Sue. FT won't make you do anything you don't want to.
Old Jun 18 2012, 06:08 PM

I haven't found my problem in the forum, although I really didn't kill myself searching for it. I looked, couldn't find. I had a quest to harvest things, which were not done on my farm. I grabbed a Lifeline (LOVE those things !) and it was the employee Lifeline. All good. I found a neighbor who had stuff done for me to do this. I needed one (1) sugarcane, and five (5) pineapples, which is exactly what I harvested on her farm. I only got credit for 2 pineapples. She proceeded to inform me that when you work for someone, you only get credit for one crop for every 4 or 5 you harvest .... REALLY ???

So, I asked other neighbors, and they said the same thing. When they work for someone else, there is NO SUCH THING as harvesting what is asked for .... you have to do quadruple that amount to be sure to be credited. Is that really the case ???

On another note ..... my next quest was to harvest one of each of flowers .... white carnation and the white rose. I had some on my farm 7 - frozen - so I unfroze them and harvested them. NOTHING. NO CREDIT. I did the whole 'clear cache, clear MEM, actually did a disc cleanup and defrag .... logged back in .... tried it again .... logged out, logged back in ..... still, no credit. I just now had a farm ready with flowers, so I got the ones I needed .... but my question is: If your flowers are frozen, then you unfreeze, the harvest doesn't count ??? Or is that Lifeline ONLY GOOD FOR THE QUEST I CLICKED ???

Thanks !! Just when you think you know how everything works, something happens and throws you for a loop !! LOL !!