Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 10 2012, 03:40 PM

So we waited with baited breath and they arrive in a blaze of glory.....then we buy them, place them, click a button and now wait for 7 days!!!! lol. And if that wasn't riveting enough, the train looks totally rubbish while on it's travels. Woop woop FT!
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:43 PM

Default trains???

This might help:

Farmtown players:

8. Freight Trains: It can bring you high demand products from outside markets to use in your facilities.

Currently there are one Standard Freight Locomotive and 6 Freight Cars. The regular freight cars are just decoration items and don't provide any functionality. The Long Freight Cars are the ones who can be dispatched with a train to bring you products across all the markets. To check the products and quantity that each Long Freight Car can carry, click the help button in the Store.

To prepare your train for dispatch you need to have at least one Long Freight Car coupled to the Freight Locomotive. Place the Long Freight Car right behind the Locomotive without any space between them. If you mouse over the Locomotive all Freight Cars (including short and long cars) correctly coupled together will be highlighted.

To manage your train click the Locomotive and select 'Show Train Details'. The Long Freight Cars that are correctly coupled to your Locomotive will be highlighted in white. The ones that you don't own or that are not correctly coupled will appear disabled.

To dispatch your train click the 'Dispatch Train' button. Only the Freight Cars correctly coupled to your train will be dispatched to carry goods. Once you dispatch a train it will be locked and will appear semi-transparent in your farm until it returns. The Standard Freight Locomotive completes the trip across all markets in 7 days.

To check the progress of your train click on the 'Train Status' tab. You'll see how many units are being carried and how many are pending to load. The progress bar indicates the progress of the train across all the markets.

As soon as the train visits all the markets and returns to your farm, you can click the 'Unload Train' button to move all products to your Storage. At this point your train will be fully visible again so you can add or remove cars for the next dispatch.

Currently, only one Locomotive across all your farms can be carrying products at any given time. In other words, you can build several trains but you can't dispatch one until the other one returns.

Currently, only one Long Freight Car of each type per train can be carrying products. That is to say, you can have all 3 Long Freight Cars coupled to a train (the Container, the One-Door and the Two-Door cars) and they will all carry products, but if you purchase another Long Freight Car and couple it to that train it will not carry any additional products at this time.

The products that each Freight Car carries will cost you coins and 420 fuel.

Once you purchase any Long Freight Car you can move it to any other farm, the facility requirement in the Store is only needed at purchase time.

9. Cashew Tree and Lemongrass Crop: To be used in the Thai Restaurant.

10. Plant Milk Factory (coins), Thai Restaurant (coins), Board Games Factory (FC), Nursing Home (FC) (Coming Next Week).

Farm 15 and new levels coming in the next release.

Enjoy!

--Raul

There is nothing in these trains that any reasonable farmer would run out of, maybe wheat. It would have been better to be able to load things like Milk and eggs seeing we can only have 100 in each pen and there is no way that's enough eggs and milk for facs like Dairy,Ice cream and Bakery etc. Sugar is another one that is disproportionately used.

Default Freight Train

Where does one find the 'Train Status' tab?? am I being thick???
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:45 PM
Account Not Linked

I am still going to plant..wheat...sugarcane..etc..etc...until..I see..how this works...I am thinking..this is just a helper..
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:49 PM

I am beyond confused about the freight train and boxcars. I'll wait until "FT Freight Train for Dummies" is published before I spend over 100FC. I'm dizzy..gonna have a beer. lol.

Farm Town addict since May, 2010

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2282&farm_ix=0
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:50 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraelwart View Post
Where does one find the 'Train Status' tab?? am I being thick???
Click on the train and select "Show Train Details"
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
Click on the train and select "Show Train Details"
Thanks Bonnie Jo, I could not see for looking!!! lol!
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:57 PM

I am gonna pass

wait and see how others like them and if they are worth it
Old Jun 10 2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Susan, you can buy and place the car on the farm with the facility where ever it is. Then put the car into storage and move it to your train farm. No need to move your facilities. If you buy all 3 cars you can use all 3 at the same time on the same train. You just cannot use 2 of the same.
The train is independent of your facility production and provides additional product. You can still fill your facility and neighbors work it and the train has nothing to do with that. What you get from the train is additional product if you can't make enough. And the train has nothing to do with your Store All button.
Now that's an explanation I can understand! LOL Thank you Taz D

And thank you devs for all your hard work...and on a weekend no less! You deserve extra pay for this!
Closed Thread