Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 29 2012, 09:18 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Quest learning curve

Just like the rest of the Farm Town game the quests have a learning curve.

The player starts playing Farm Town given the basic tools and they must decide if they want to upgrade them or not. There is the coin only or the FC tools and Facilities.

Each player must decide what they want to do and what they can afford to do. Nothing should just be given to someone because they want it, either tools or facilities.

I would love more FC tools and facilities, but I can't afford them so I play the game with what I have.

The quests are just another part of the game where you use what you have to play the game with, and not play the parts of the game that you don't have the tools or facilities.

It is a great game that the developers have worked hard to make it so everyone has the same chance to purchase what is needed (if they can) and play for the enjoyment of the playing, not having to compete against anyone else.

Just my opinion.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 29 2012, 09:32 PM

Hi everyone ...

Just a friendly reminder, this thread is for feedback, not help.

If you need help with a question about the Quests please post in this thread .. http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468066

Thanks
Old Jan 29 2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImajeanB View Post
The crops I already had planted did not count when I harvested.
Strange ... They should have I think. Every time I have had to 'harvest' a crop, I have been able to do a previously planted one with no problem. The quest accepted it.

The quest in every case I've seen so far says 'harvest ...' not 'plant and harvest', so maybe try it again when you get another quest.

Just a thought, did you harvest enough of the crop for the requirements of the quest. I've not had quest instruction tell me yet how many of any crop to harvest, but if you go into the facility that uses that crop for the required product, it tells you how much is needed to do one batch ..... Phew, I hope that makes sense.

It may not help, but it's the only reason I could think of that would make the quest not register the harvest.

Old Jan 29 2012, 10:56 PM

[quote=sharimom;5029266]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Homer View Post
I finished my "quest farm" today. I have 9 of each tree used in factories (I hope I got them all), 16 of each flower used, cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits. I have a lake with boat, river, small and large seacoast. I have a patch work farm with 8 plots each but looks like I need to increase to 10 on some of them.

I'm loving the quests. I'm on my third, none of them has completed as yet, all have been pretty involved with several steps which makes it more of a challenge.

I get the trees and planting crops and flowers, but to put cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits on the farm, don't you have to have the sheds etc to get the items (wool, feathers, hair etc)??
I have a chicken coop, dairy barn, wool shed, rabbit hutch and stable. They can all be bought with coins except the stable, I had accidentally bought one of each when they first came out not knowing they did the same thing, I moved the extra to the quest farm. The chicken coop and dairy shed I "harvest" after I see what I need for the quest because they are ready again before the next quest is due, this adds to my storage for my facilities. The others I only use for quests because they take longer to get ready. The same on the water features, if fish is not needed for the quest, I fish them and they go into my facility storage. They will be restocked before the next quest.

Last edited by Farmer Homer; Jan 29 2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old Jan 30 2012, 12:20 AM

The quests are OK but rather than earn coins I would rather get an exclusive gift that only farmers completing quests would get. I get loads of cash anyway so don't really need it. Would be more fun doing the quests if we got exclusive gifts
Old Jan 30 2012, 03:37 AM

Default more than 1 quest a day

can the devs please make it that you can do more than 1 quest in a day long as you finish the previous quest first?

eg today my quest was to make cedar essential oil which took me less than an hour.

or why not let us run as many quests as our level allows us to have at once.eg mine 5
Old Jan 30 2012, 06:07 AM

I thought I would hate the quests, then I got my first one...pineapple icecream which meant I had to plant pineapples....1.5 day wait for them almost killed me lol Then there was the start all button to contend with rather than the start batch button....280 hours to wait for my icecream lol But luckily sk reset the timers so I was able to complete my quest!! Rest of my quests have been fine, even though one quest had 9 steps!!

I didn't think they were giving us fc coz of how many we did, I read it that every so often we might get 1fc depending on how well/quick we did the quest. If I'm correct in reading it like that then that won't put anyone behind or at a disadvantage through not owning a certain fac.

While it's nice to get coins....it would be even nicer to get a special animal or fac that you can only get thru completing a quest! (and no not an alien cow like that other farm game lol)

I would like to see a counter to count how many quests I'm doing....maybe get a special prize once you've done 15 or something like that.....a belt for the quests!
Old Jan 30 2012, 06:44 AM

I love the new quests...makes the game more challenging. Please keep the quests coming.
Good job. I never play the mini games...not fun
Old Jan 30 2012, 07:08 AM

I just wanted to chime in and say I'm enjoying the quests as well. They are adding a fun, new dimension to the game. The extra coins are GREAT.

Thanks again for a fun game.

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Jan 30 2012, 07:22 AM

Cranky old lady resisted, then finally clicked on Quest - imagine!!!! It was FUN!!!!! I even stopped whining to myself about not enough instructions - learning curve part of the quest!! What a great idea. As for a Quest Farm - I am going to see how I fare without one. I assume all quests can be accomplished even if I have to wait cause I maxed out a facility. I know I won't finish as fast, but so far I have learned to check Quests before I do anything else. Thanks for a reward to longtime players - GREAT!